Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords Hill TT - Tonight

• 24-08-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Forget about the national hill climb championships. This is the only one that matters - the Swords Hill TT happening tonight.

The final installment in the club league for this year sees the brave riders take on the famed "Cabeza de la Naga" or as the locals call it "The Nag's Head". A 3.6km long ascent with an approximate 140 odd metres of height gain will sort out the men from the boys and the women from the girls in what is the last chance to shine in the club league before the winter training time kicks in.

Come one, come all, and line the streets in support or atleast to push those of us that need it up the steep sections :D

First rider off at 7-ish from Hedgestown just off the R132.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No points tonight - the club league has already been decided (not that anyone has any real idea who's won though)

I'l be busy lining the pancake flat Sundrive track tonight, so hope to read some decent reports of suffering up the Nags Head later on ...

Good luck to everyone this evening as the curtain comes down on Swords Club racing for the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Which bit is Nag's Head? I went west from Hedgestown this morning up towards Hollywood. That it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Which bit is Nag's Head? I went west from Hedgestown this morning up towards Hollywood. That it?

Thats the climb being used all right. Technically Nags head is the summit near the cross roads. The climb is also called the Corduff climb but is more correctly the Nevitt or Tooman climb....

All the old fogeys know it as the Liam Toolin after an old junior classic race which finished on it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!!

Hi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    Thats the climb being used all right. Technically Nags head is the summit near the cross roads. The climb is also called the Corduff climb but is more correctly the Nevitt or Tooman climb....

All the old fogeys know it as the Liam Toolin after an old junior classic race which finished on it.

Christ! Five feckin names for one hill :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

So how did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

small numbers turned out,i was not their to ride it but ended up doing it but only rode up it at tempo speed was caught by my min man didnt hang round so dont know any times but some of the guys looked like they were pushing hard,
    i would like to thank the Joe and all the guys from swords cc for their time and commitment over the course of the summer ,its a super league i dont know what im going to do on wednesday evenings now !!

Raam won, Dave wherity 3 secs after in second.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sammca

One of the riders caught getting sick over a fence just before the top. Not going to out him but he should own up.......

• Advertisement

sammca wrote: »
    One of the riders caught getting sick over a fence just before the top. Not going to out him but he should own up.......

Me! My efforts in catching my minute man took their tole on me! Shame, cos it would have been a decent time of approx 8:30 based on raams winning time and the fact that he passed me just as I began to spew!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    sammca wrote: »

Me! My efforts in catching my minute man took their tole on me! Shame, cos it would have been a decent time of approx 8:30 based on raams winning time and the fact that he passed me just as I began to spew!

I would have been faster if I hadn't stopped to see if you were ok.

Raam wrote: »
    I would have been faster if I hadn't stopped to see if you were ok.

Sure :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You stopped to spew before the finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I emptied my water bottle but that's taking it a bit far.

You stopped to spew before the finish?

Sssssshhhhh....don't give it more attention than it needs! My throat still hurts :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sounds like we should be able to come up with another name after this evening's "events"

"Puke Hill", or maybe "the Vomit", rather than the Nevitt

I'm sure there are some better ones out there....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Tooman climb....

...Spewman Climb

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

...Spewman Climb

We could try to get it sponsored by Carlsberg special brew next year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Starting point for this TT used to be known as the five roads:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

And there are four roads to Glennamaddy. I'm getting confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedRobert

Shame the season is over now.

Is there an end of year bash of any sort I wonder for the club?

I hope so. Dancing girls and a tickertape parade are the least I expect for the awarding of my club championship medal. Failing that, a h*****b round the back of the Pavilions will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

There's normally an end of season doo.

Here are the top ten...

1. Peter Doyle - 7.23
    2. Dave Wherity - 7.26
    3. John kelly - 7.29
    4. Dermot Treleaven - 7.32
    5. David O'Neill - 7.33
    6. Fergal Cummins - 7.36
    7. Phil O'Flaherty - 7.50
    8. Damian Crowe - 7.53
    9. Jason Kelly - 8.01
    10. Derek Humphries - 8.09

The writing was a little tricky to read, so I might have got one of the names slightly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Long socks has become a strong biker. Well done him.

Advertisement