Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody looking to quit the rat race and enjoy the good life?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all
    Not sure if im in the right forum here but here goes anyway,im looking for somebody or bodies to rent a cottage and some land from me,(when i say rent it will be small)it has a walled in orchard with a secure garden and land to grow your own veg.It would be ideal for somebody who is in the food stall business or maybe someone whos thinking of starting up one as you could grow your own stuff and maybe go organic.Its also near a good river and has good biking trails so that might be another idea for somebody with an adventure sports business in mind also a very good school in the area if you have a child or children.I have had a few offers of people looking to rent the place,but im looking for the type of person/people who have a business idea and it might be a new start for them.Maybe it wont interest anybody but if it does just get back to me and we will see where we go from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

what part of the country ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Alga

Me and my hubby and Son are thinking of doing the change from "dirty old beloved dublin". Where in the country are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cfb1087

Sunny south east

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

sounds good you got pictures? what type of rent are you looking for

orangebud wrote: »
    sounds good you got pictures? what type of rent are you looking for
    The rent that i would want would be relative to the people and the idea that they had,if somebody came up with a good idea for the place i would be more than willing to negotiate on the rent,i would much rather have somebody that was going to try and make a go of the place than have somebody take it for just a few months and decide that life was too hard or the rent was too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

How much land are you talking about?

Tipp Man wrote: »
    How much land are you talking about?
    4 acres with the cottage,I own about 60 acres but i part time farm that at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Hi,

I'm interested in your proposal, and have a very good ideal to make it sustainable.
    It could have several spin off ventures to add revenue to your farm income.

How secure is the land area ?.
    How close to a centre of population are you.
    Sunny south east is a very big area, can you be more specific.

I'm not talking allotments or the usual pet farm ideas that people seem to be trying all over the country.

Last point my idea is farm friendly and will generate income.

Pm me with more information please, it would be worth a drive to have a peek.

Regards,

Fries.

Hi,

I'm interested in your proposal, and have a very good ideal to make it sustainable.
    It could have several spin off ventures to add revenue to your farm income.

How secure is the land area ?.
    How close to a centre of population are you.
    Sunny south east is a very big area, can you be more specific.

I'm not talking allotments or the usual pet farm ideas that people seem to be trying all over the country.

Last point my idea is farm friendly and will generate income.

Pm me with more information please, it would be worth a drive to have a peek.

Regards,

Fries.
    Pm me with your idea

cfb1087 wrote: »
    Pm me with your idea

No offence, I don't know you, you don't know me.

My idea just might be off the wall and completely impracticable,but elements of the idea are proving successful in other areas of the country.

I have land myself but its just not right geographically for what I'd like to do with it.

I am not going to pm you the idea without you providing a few more details.

The questions I asked were designed to elicit a certain response and were not designed to find out where exactly you are or who you are. I am also prepared to travel to meet you.

If you can answer the questions I asked we'd be on the road to having a meaningful discussion about what I have in mind and you would also be able to tell me in short order if you thought the idea was viable in your situation.

You mentioned having 4 acres available that's a tidy parcel of land as a teaser how much money would you like that land to earn for you on an annual basis.

€1000-hardly worth it, €5000- interesting, €10,000-a handy extra income.

What's the rental price for agricultural land in your area, I was recently offered €100 per acre for my land.

I gave the grass to a neighbour in exchange for hanging a new gate, rather than rent it and have it tied up in a lease arrangement.

There are lots of farms in the country with part time farmers trying to eke out a living and there are many farms in the country with full time farmers trying to eke out a living.

It would appear to me that the way to subsidise a farm income is to come up with something that is different from what other people are doing, without removing the farming element from what you actually do.

Again I'm not talking about petting farms, nature walks, micro food production or allotments.

Regards,

Fries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP - this Survivalist forum might be coming to fruition.

You might consider posting there if it does. :)

I think you took me up wrong on when i said to pm me with your idea,im not trying to steal your idea and do it myself,the farm is in a very nice area with great neighbours so im just being very careful as to who i would do business with.The farm is about 20 miles from a city and near to a decent size town.Grazing land is about 150 an acre around here.Im looking for somebody to take the cottage as well as the land.

cfb1087 wrote: »
    I think you took me up wrong on when i said to pm me with your idea,im not trying to steal your idea and do it myself,the farm is in a very nice area with great neighbours so im just being very careful as to who i would do business with.The farm is about 20 miles from a city and near to a decent size town.Grazing land is about 150 an acre around here.Im looking for somebody to take the cottage as well as the land.

I've sent you my phone number Via Pm.

Call me and we'll have a chat.

Regards,

Fries.

I suspect OP must be having internet connectivity problems or very poor phone coverage.

I suspect OP must be having internet connectivity problems or very poor phone coverage.

Your right on both counts fries,i was on holiday for a few days.I have two people coming to look at the place this weekend and depending how that works out il ring you next week.

Advertisement