Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS only horizontal nav bar with drop downs

Options
  • 24-08-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    At the minute I'm doing the first draft build of a site and the designer and the owners keep changing their minds about things and generally doing my head in. Anyway, I had finished the horizontal nav bar according to the initial design drafts. I made the bar using a ul with style "display:table" the li elements inside with style "display:table-cell" to get them to spread out and take up the full width of the nav bar.

Now they want to add drop downs to this but tbh I'm not sure how. I checked a few tuts on CSS dropdown menus and the ones I found all relied on the li elements in the navbar being floated.

Does anyone know of a solution (just point me in the right direction) please? Doesn't have to keep the table/table-cell setup, so long as the menu items expand to take up the full width of the navbar it's fine. Thanks for any and all help!

Advertisement