Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allowed to have 'application stuff' in lagguage

Options
  • 24-08-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

hi all,

would like to ask for a bit of advice from people who are in the know here.

I'm travelling to australia in 2 month and I actually will be looking for a job. no interview yet.

my question is: is it allowed to travel with the portfolio/resumes, means if the custom checks my luggage and finds them, can they send me home?

I know they can if they find stuff where they can be sure it's meant to go working without having a work permit.
    but I can't imagine it's forbidden to bring the portfolios and looking for work? It's just my own bad or good luck if I find something (or not), nobody can forbid that??

tanks for sound replies!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Why not just have all your stuff in google documents and print when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

you mean to send it via google account as it has loads of mb's?

yes, good idea, I was thinking of it myself.
    just I work in design and I have quite a big portfolio and it has to be accurate and nicely presented. so I prefer to have it ready beforehand with all my equipment here, printers and so on. but for sure I can all do here and sort everything as a 'model', see how it looks and then print it again in oz..

mabe it's the better option but still would like to know if it's within the rights to bring the portfolio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

What sort of visa is it you're travelling on? I'm assuming its holiday only otherwise you wouldn't be asking - but yeah saving them to google docs is probably the safest, if they get a sniff that you're there job prospecting instead of spending your shillings in the tourism industry you'll be turned back around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

MOD Yeah we all know if they find Resumes, Certificates and degrees its going to look like your looking for work. Best we stop this discussion.

OP Enjoy your holiday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement