Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offered 2nd choice but want 3 rd choice

• 24-08-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Can anything be done for this year. Was offered my 2 nd choice , but want my 3 rd choice. I have plenty of points for arts which is what I now want. Is there any hope at all of getting it this year or am I looking at a year out ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

You're looking at a year out I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

You can only go up in CAO. You can be offered your 1st choice in the second round but you cannot be offered your 3rd. Are both courses in the same university? If so, there might be a chance of transferring courses once you get there but I don't know how likely that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

I think i read somewhere that you can get in if the college has spare places available. Dont know what the chances of that are tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I replied to you in the UCC forum earlier. Your stuck with the year out I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Irish times' examwatch has a helpline. The number is 1800 946 942.

Or you can email advice@irishtimes.com.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

EmacB wrote: »
    I think i read somewhere that you can get in if the college has spare places available. Dont know what the chances of that are tho!

That's under vacant places on the cao site. Few university places,Maynooth the only notable one for engineering.

Advertisement