If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD: LG BD660/670

Options
  • 24-08-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hiya,

I'm between these two players at the moment. I need to update my DVD player because I got a new LG tv and the two remotes interfere with each other (fast forwarding the dvd when you want to turn the volume up, and opening picture options when you wany to pause the film!).

My main issue is that I need the player to play DVDs from many different regions. Not the blue ray, just the DVD. I've actually lost the link that initially sent me to richersounds.ie, but I remember reading that these would play multi-regional DVDs. Is that still true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Marymc,

We stock both of those blu-rays, we can't make them multiregion though sadly.

We do stock a few Sony blurays that are multiregion:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps470-mr/sony-bdps470-mr

We also have a Philips model we might be able to make multi-region here in store. It's the Philips BDP7500 priced at £199.95. Please see the link below for more details:

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/blu-ray-dvd/bdp7500bl_05/prd/

Let me know if any of the above interest you.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Thanks for that Chris. Even though it's a little disappointing! I like the fact that the LG can play files from a hard drive, as I've stored some of my films as .avi files on an external hard drive.

I'm in Galway at the moment and don't have time to go up to Belfast, unfortunately, but the Sony player is €129.99 on the richersounds.ie site (but it says it's an instore price), and £139.95 on the richersounds.com site (which xe.com tells me is €158.66). Could you tell me what the final price and delivery would be?

If there was some cross between multi-regional DVD/Blu Ray/USB + avi reading device, that would be perfect...alas.

Hi again,

Check out this review on the Philips, looks like it might ticket everything. Like I said I think we can make it MR. If it works out it would be perfect.

http://www.digitalversus.com/philips-bdp7500-p482_7203_53.html

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Regards.
    Chris

Thanks Chris, but £199 is very expensive really. It's £175 non-MR on amazon.co.uk.

Could you tell me the two prices in Euro (the Philips and the Sony S470), and what delivery would be? If either of them are in Dublin, someone could probably pick them up for me, but I'd like to know anyway.

Hi Marymc.

The price on the Sony BDP470 I can offer it at the Richersounds.ie price of 129.99 Euro and delviery on this woudl cost 15 Euro.

The Philips BDP7500 priced at 235 Euro plus the 15 Euro delivery.

We do not have a store in the South so we would need to ship the product direct from Belfast.

I hope this is of help ;)

• Advertisement

Hi Chris

I haven't forgotten about this - life gets in the way sometimes!

I'm just wondering if there's anything better that you can do on the Philips. The more recent version (BDP7600) is available on Pixmania for €169 (delivery is €16), and I've also found a multi-regional remote code on another website.

The main issue is the multi-regionality. It needs to be definitely able to play multi-regional DVDs, otherwise it's no good to me.

Hi again,

The best we could do the BDP7500 is £179.95 inc delivery. Let me know if you're interested and we could get one tested with our MR hack.

Regards.
    Chris

Okay, Chris. Put me down for that and if you can definitely make it MR, I'll buy it. Thanks!

Hi Mary.

We haven't forgotten about you.

The shop has been very busy and Chris is checking out the mod for you now.

I'll be in touch via PM.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Dave (sorry, misread the post)! Was going to email you this evening, but I'll hang on til I hear from you again!

• Advertisement

Just wanted to say thanks a million, Chris, Dave and Matthew. The order arrived last Friday and it's brilliant. And ye were all very pleasant and helpful to deal with. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.