Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggie love

• 24-08-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

How much do you love your dog? Sometimes I cuddle the older dog so hard he grumbles and I kiss him to death and he just sighs as if to say 'oh do bugger off'. Sometimes when both of them are standing in front of me wagging their tails (cos we're going for a walk and I'm putting my trainers on) I just put my head down between the two of them and get licked and cuddled to death.

Is there any love like doggie love? Or is just me being a sentimental old fool?!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

traceypoo...

your are dead right... theres nothing like a doggie kiss or cuddle...or getting home from a crap day in work.....to huge smilie faces and wagging tails (in my case a wagging bum)... dog really are fab... theres nothing quiet like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

My love is perhaps excessive, but if i had to choose between saving his life and mine, id save his. He deserves it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I just adore my doggies :D
    Their little mannerisms that you cant explain to anyone else but are so much their personalities.

One of them sleeps on my feet at night and does that giving out grumble when i cuddle her to say nite nite.
    The other guy sleeps beside me and sometimes I just look at him and think 'wow'..he just loves me so much :o

They are both 12 now and i get into a panic sometimes thinking of "later on" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I don't know how to say this but...

When I'm not at my GF's house... me and my dog spoon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well not only do I love my dogs but, according to John Bradshaw's In Defence of Dogs, they love me too :D

All three of mine get cuddles & kisses. I usually end up with my young dog or a Greyhound on my lap - he fidgets & she is so bony !

They definitely love cuddles & as I am single, they have no competition :D

My eldest girl greets me by putting her paws on my shoulders & burying her nose in my armpit - now that's love :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

FunkZ wrote: »

I LOVE that!! Hilarious!! Ahh lads - I'm the same totally stupid about my dog - the greeting she gives me when I get in is great. Over in my Mums earlier & I went up stairs on the phone, my dog got down off the couch (totally spoilt!) & went & sat at the bottom of the stairs listening to me on the phone & waited for me to come down. I couldn't be without her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

:eek: So now I know what you get up to when you are not here!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I would have always cuddled my dog loads and esp kisses on the top of his head/forehead! Mum used to always give out worried that I might catch something like fleas :pac: but think she was secretly jealous I wasn't given her all the cuddles :D

He's gone now nearly a year actually but the two cats I have they love to be cuddled and even come running these days to get some :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i adore my puppy so much like it is actually ridiculous like i honestly enjoy her company more then most humans...

she has so much personality its crazy and she has so much love to give!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I love my dog more than most humans too:D

I can totally empathise with the "spooning":p if my OH is away the dog is up on the bed and snuggled in for the night. Even on a normal night she gets up for a quick cuddle before lights out and then down into her own bed until morning when she comes around to my side of the bed wagging her tail like mad and kissing me to wake up. Makes getting up in the morning a pleasure, I don't think I've moaned getting up in the mornings in the almost 4 years we've had her.:)

There's nothing nicer than driving in the gate and seeing her running towards me smiling and wagging her tail. I open the car door and she jumps in for cuddles and kisses. Even if I've only just gone to the shops for 10mins:D

At the minute she's sprawled across my lap, wrecked after her run earlier. Nowhere else she'd rather be and I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I'm so glad someone posted something like this, just last night after having a good giving out session to the dog for trying to eat my runners while they were still on my feet he gave me the look as if to say "stop shouting I'm sorry" then he wagged his tail and he done his usual and he jumped all over me on the sofa and licked the face off me :p

Dogs are just brilliant, I've a sister for him on the way and double the love will be just great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Ah glad its not just me so! There's nothing better than your dog snuggling up with you on the sofa, especially on a lazy Sunday morning, sometimes she even gives out if I disturb her for a walk, she's such a lazy bones in the morning time! Attached a pic of her ignoring her new bed coz cuddling is so much better :D

338746_10150292400222375_558732374_7740572_1169224_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Nice to know it's not just me and hubby, now i have to reveal that we've given all our animals (2 dogs 1 cat) different voices and have conversations with each other as the animals. That really is the edge of madness isn't it??

FYI, the dogs have posh English accents (no particular reason why) and the cat has a sort of generic South East Asian accent (due to her penchant for giving one of the dogs a Thai massage).

We also take pictures of them when they're asleep and pulling funny faces and sometimes we put sunglasses/glasses/scarves on them for photos. I suppose this is a kind of animal abuse. But it does make us laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    How much do you love your dog? Sometimes I cuddle the older dog so hard he grumbles and I kiss him to death and he just sighs as if to say 'oh do bugger off'. Sometimes when both of them are standing in front of me wagging their tails (cos we're going for a walk and I'm putting my trainers on) I just put my head down between the two of them and get licked and cuddled to death.

Is there any love like doggie love? Or is just me being a sentimental old fool?!!

Your not alone ;)

No human could give the love a dog gives :)

Dogs rock :D (but mine are the best :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Attached a pic of her ignoring her new bed coz cuddling is so much better :D

Thanks you gave me an excuse to post this again - Greyhounds need the good PR :D

10102009184.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Galway K9 wrote: »
    My love is perhaps excessive, but if i had to choose between saving his life and mine, id save his. He deserves it :)
    Pity you don't show that excessive love to all dogs K9

magentas wrote: »
    Pity you don't show that excessive love to all dogs K9

I do actually. you need more than 10 mins to see it. I cant facilitate for over sensitive, ignorant, judgemental, un-educated liberals. Anyone that knows my dog, knows hes a very happy, content, fit, healthy, beautiful fellla with a great bond towards his owner. Anyone ive trained is very happy with me, and always recommended me . I dont advertise, i get name by word of mouth and i get about 30+ calls a week by good word.

As said before if youve a problem, talk to me rather than behind an IP address. Just PM as i said before to meet in person with your problem.

P.S: Thanks for taking an innocent thread off topic, shows your true heart.

<modsnip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Dogs are the best.

Can test it out by locking them in a room for hours, they'll still be happy to see you when you get back.

Try the same with the girlfriend/wife, not so happy to see you!

Dogs are the best.

Can test it out by locking them in a room for hours, they'll still be happy to see you when you get back.

Try the same with the girlfriend/wife, not so happy to see you!

this troll has nothing to do with me

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

Love my dogs so much it's actually ridiculous, I talk to them like they are humans, love getting cuddles off them, they brighten up my day, I prefer their company than many humans I know! Dogs Rule!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Magentas if you have an issue with GalwayK9 - speak to them via PM/in person, don't drag a nice thread off topic.
    Same for you GalwayK9, you did the same thing by responding with a personal story about a poster. Also if you feel there is a 'troll' don't respond to them, use the report post function - little red triangle with an ! inside it.

KEEP this thread on topic - next person who drags it off will get a one day ban.

to bring this back ON topic!!

My two are well loved, if you go out for 5 minutes you still get a fab welcome when you come back.
    When I get in from work, they're so excited. Daisy will jump up on top of me when I sit down (as she thinks she's a lion and tries to take you down from behind - though she can only reach the back of your knees!). She'll cry and try to lick everywhere and throw herself across my lap, trying to block me from Lily.
    Lily knows this and is content to be at my feet sniffing and trying to 'bite' me (She doesn't even come close to biting, she opens her mouth at you).
    Daisy's tail is like a helicoptor keeps going.

Daisy is the most tactile of dogs, probably down to having her from a pup and her getting lots of cuddles. She *loves* getting cuddles, or 'the loves' as we say haha.
    Lily if she's lying beside you likes to nestle right up to whatever part is closest. She's not as big on 'the loves' but she'll let my mother give her cuddles sometimes.

They both sleep on my bed, and supposed to sleep down the end on their designated towel! but sometimes you wake up and one is nestled into your leg and the other is up near your chest.

I love my dogs to pieces and it's mad how you can't imagine life without them once you get them. My mother treats them like her 'other' children and my dad loves them just as much. They know when my mother isn't well and they'll shadow her (sometimes to her annoyance cuz she might trip over Daisy haha) and 'mind' her.

You just can't beat the unconditional love you get from your dogs. That love and affection and delight to see you, keeps you going on tough days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Star pants, I'm seeing a floral theme in your doggies names!!

I have a Lily as well, the newest addition, she is lick-crazy, if there's nothing or noone to lick, she will lick the air, she even licks in her sleep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

what a lovely thread! Seeing my dogs greet me in the evening when I get home from work is the highlight of my day!!

Glad I'm not the only one who loves spooning with my dog - its sooo comforting.

Aside from my hubbie - I'd choose my dogs over ANY other human being (i have no kids btw).

They are only 4 and 1 and if I think about the future and not being with them I get all teary (v silly i know).

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Nice to know it's not just me and hubby, now i have to reveal that we've given all our animals (2 dogs 1 cat) different voices and have conversations with each other as the animals. That really is the edge of madness isn't it??

FYI, the dogs have posh English accents (no particular reason why) and the cat has a sort of generic South East Asian accent (due to her penchant for giving one of the dogs a Thai massage).

YEAH we are not alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As the old joke goes:

If you want to know whether your dog or your wife loves you more, lock them both in the boot of your car. Come back an hour later and check which one is happy to see you.

My dog isn't allowed on the furniture, but at least once a day both my wife and I will separately sit on the floor, yoga style, and the dog climbs onto us for a cuddle. Sometimes I also can't help myself but to get down and lie beside the dog in her bed cuddling her. It's an illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who does this.

Jake is all about snuggling into you, if it was up to him he'd be up on the couch cuddled into us all day every day. He can also sense when you're upset and will try comfort you by licking you if that makes any sense.

Charlie the lab is what I call a nuzzler. He isn't allowed on the couch but will half stand on you and climb up until he is safely cuddled into your neck. He's actually a bit of a bully about it and won't take no for an answer sometimes, just keeps coming back for more. He also loves a good belly rub and will start hitting you with his paw if you dare try and stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭teachertrixibel

I HAD to reply to this..... there is NOTHING like having dogs welcome you home!!! If I could just find myself a man to show me as much love as my dogs show me I would be the happiest woman alive lol.

My 2 are rescue dogs and they are with me nearly 3 years - I simply cannot imagine life without them. The amount of love and joy they show me when I come back home (even if I've just gone for 10 mins!!!) is incredible. I'm sure one of them is going to have a heart attack from his jumping/yelping/screeching with joy!! Ah, my 2 babies - I would be lost without them.....

Trix

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

seamus wrote: »
    As the old joke goes:

If you want to know whether your dog or your wife loves you more, lock them both in the boot of your car. Come back an hour later and check which one is happy to see you.

My dog isn't allowed on the furniture, but at least once a day both my wife and I will separately sit on the floor, yoga style, and the dog climbs onto us for a cuddle. Sometimes I also can't help myself but to get down and lie beside the dog in her bed cuddling her. It's an illness.

Great thread! I love it when our dogs paw us to make us pat them...usually when we're doing something important...but who can resist.
    My parents' dog died tragically a few years ago, and they couldn't bear to get another as they said it would be too painful to bear if anything happened again. I finally convinced them to have a little dog again, and he has become the apple of their eye! Even my mother, who tried at first to claim that he wasn't winning her over, is so smitten. They are getting old, and this dog gives them such comfort and joy. As they say, a dog raises your contentment level of life so much.:)

• Advertisement

Star pants, I'm seeing a floral theme in your doggies names!!

I have a Lily as well, the newest addition, she is lick-crazy, if there's nothing or noone to lick, she will lick the air, she even licks in her sleep!!

Lily we got from a couple getting rid of her, so she was already named but it was nice and suited her. Daisy we didn't know what to call, the lady who bred her was calling her 'puppy' so we called her that for a bit, and then we tried Poppy, and Sophie and one day (we had her 2wks and needed a name!) my mother just said 'Daisy' and she came running so that was it! Just somewhat coincidence they were both flower names :D

Our Daisy is a licker, she licks the air, she licks her paws, her toys, us, whatever!

We also have voices for our dogs.. Lily is more of a posh voice, she's more reserved. Daisy is more lolcat/loldog - 'can has sups of tea?' etc lol.

Advertisement