Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Coke

Options
  • 24-08-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Cork it is possible to get Vanilla Coke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I know there is Cherry Coke in the boots on Patrick Street but I have never seen vanilla coke here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Gatty%20Organic%20Vanilla%20Essence%20small.png

+

Coke_Bottle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i've only seen cherry coke in boots.
    your best best bet for vanilla coke is across the border

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just out of Interest I googled it & wikipedia lists all of the coke's launched worldwide - impressive list !

Coca-Cola · New Coke · Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola · Coca-Cola Cherry · Coca-Cola with Lime · Coca-Cola Vanilla · Coca-Cola Citra · Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla · Coca-Cola BlāK · Coca-Cola with Lemon · Coca-Cola Raspberry

Diet Coke/Coke Light · Coca-Cola C2 · Coca-Cola Zero · Coca-Cola Cherry Zero · Coca-Cola Light Sango · Diet Coca-Cola Cherry · Diet Coke Plus · Coca-Cola Orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

If anybody knows how to find Coca-Cola BlāK let me know. I had it in France and it was brilliant - Coke with coffee. <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Apparently when Coca-Cola was released it had some ingredients of the Coca plant in it. If somebody can get hold of that stuff let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Check out the Polish shops, they usually have weird drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Andip wrote: »
    Just out of Interest I googled it & wikipedia lists all of the coke's launched worldwide - impressive list !

Coca-Cola · New Coke · Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola · Coca-Cola Cherry · Coca-Cola with Lime · Coca-Cola Vanilla · Coca-Cola Citra · Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla · Coca-Cola BlāK · Coca-Cola with Lemon · Coca-Cola Raspberry

Diet Coke/Coke Light · Coca-Cola C2 · Coca-Cola Zero · Coca-Cola Cherry Zero · Coca-Cola Light Sango · Diet Coca-Cola Cherry · Diet Coke Plus · Coca-Cola Orange

tumblr_kwxyh3A4FZ1qzxvmyo1_500.png

CorkMan wrote: »
    Apparently when Coca-Cola was released it had some ingredients of the Coca plant in it. ........

Hence the name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

CorkMan wrote: »
    Apparently when Coca-Cola was released it had some ingredients of the Coca plant in it. If somebody can get hold of that stuff let me know ;)

This recipe is attributed to a diary owned by Coca-Cola inventor, John S. Pemberton, just before his death in 1888. (U.S. measures).
    Ingredients:

1 oz (28 g) caffeine citrate
    3 oz (85 g) citric acid
    1 US fl oz (30 ml; 1 imp fl oz) vanilla extract
    1 US qt (946 ml; 33 imp fl oz) lime juice
    2.5 oz (71 g) "flavoring," i.e., "Merchandise 7X"
    30 lb (14 kg) sugar
    4 US fl oz (118.3 ml; 4.2 imp fl oz) powder extract of cocaine (decocainized flavor essence of the coca leaf).
    2.5 US gal (9.5 l; 2.1 imp gal) water
    caramel sufficient
    "Mix caffeine acid and lime juice in 1 quart boiling water add vanilla and flavoring when cool."
    Flavoring (Merchandise 7X):
    80 oil orange
    40 oil cinnamon
    120 oil lemon
    20 oil coriander
    40 oil nutmeg
    40 oil neroli
    "Let stand 24 hours."

• Advertisement
Advertisement