Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecs Luther - Luther (Official video)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

So Lecs luther ye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    btw not meaning to harp on about it, but conor referred to something as stupid, personally i think the most stupid thing about this thread is the fact that the race card was pulled, totally pathetic.

Agreed. Imagine saying Irish people shouldn't make hip hop, or pretend to be American instead. In this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Agreed. Imagine saying Irish people shouldn't make hip hop, or pretend to be American instead. In this day and age.
    i said neither.
    but the fact remains, pulling the "if he was white" card is pathetic, and the actions of a loser, blame everyone, or anything while neglecting the fact you're not very talented.

i use the word you're in the general sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

its no more than what hes been saying about lecs luther.
    im willing to bet he raps about subjects that has nothing to do with himself, things he never done.
    i know thats common place in music but its as fake as luther not using a horrible sounding voice.

Name 1 thing i ever rapped about that i dont do? You can as your just trolling for the sake of it. "willing to bet" = never listened just guessing.
    If by thing i never done you mean making myself out to be a drug dealer, a hardman or a criminal of some type then your way off. Im none of those things and would never make myself out to be. Now keep trolling. It soothes my ego.

im not trolling nugget, i along with many other people are just being honest, maybe you shouldnt post videos if you cant take criticism.

maybe you shouldnt criticize other people if you feel you yourself are above criticism.

but hey keep telling yourself im trolling, if its good for the ego.

• Advertisement

Your being honest? By telling me i make up lies in my songs and not backing it up at all and then avoiding it in your reply? Name one example of me lying on tracks?

I can take criticism no bother. Several people in this thread said they dont like my music, i said grand i respect that. My problem is you telling me im fake apparently? Just like a year ago when i'd link american hiphop or battles and you come in threads just to insult me. Thats trolling. So much you got banned. Big man on the net yeah.

Now name an example of my lies or dont expect a response. Go back to wishing you had a girlfriend and a social life

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Your being honest? By telling me i make up lies in my songs and not backing it up at all and then avoiding it in your reply? Name one example of me lying on tracks?

I can take criticism no bother. Several people in this thread said they dont like my music, i said grand i respect that. My problem is you telling me im fake apparently? Just like a year ago when i'd link american hiphop or battles and you come in threads just to insult me. Thats trolling. So much you got banned. Big man on the net yeah.

Now name an example of my lies or dont expect a response. Go back to wishing you had a girlfriend and a social life
    what went on a year ago has nothing to do with this, I have said nothing in here that a lot of other people have said.
    and I stress this, I have never resorted to acting the big man lol.

As for backing up what I said, obviously I can't but if you are saying everything you have ever said in your music is true and has happened to you then I don't believe you.

By saying that though I'm in no way accusing you of being fake on a rick Ross level, I never mentioned drugs or crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I found the thread that you'se 2 lads were arguing on last year and i have to say this is just a repeat of last year.
    It will result in ban or two at least.:p

Go back to wishing you had a girlfriend and a social life
    Lol just noticed.
    Ye like I said, if criticism hurts your feelings don't promote yourself and definitely don't criticise another guy trying to make a name for himself.

"what went on a year ago has nothing to do with this"
    It does when you got banned for stalking me around this forum posting in threads that had nothing to do with my music.

, I have said nothing in here that a lot of other people have said.

Your right a lot of other people havent said it.

"As for backing up what I said, obviously I can't but if you are saying everything you have ever said in your music is true and has happened to you then I don't believe you."
    Ok so you admit its an ignorant assumption of yours but you'll stick to it anyway. Fair enough.

Im done arguing as paddy said its just history repeating itself.

• Advertisement

Lol just noticed.
    Ye like I said, if criticism hurts your feelings don't promote yourself and definitely don't criticise another guy trying to make a name for himself.
    Feelings? Criticism? You really just throw out anything in an attempt to argue. Read my posts in here. Best of luck troll. Keep on trolling. Keep hiding behind a character online. You're cool

"what went on a year ago has nothing to do with this"
    It does when you got banned for stalking me around this forum posting in threads that had nothing to do with my music.

, I have said nothing in here that a lot of other people have said.

Your right a lot of other people havent said it.

"As for backing up what I said, obviously I can't but if you are saying everything you have ever said in your music is true and has happened to you then I don't believe you."
    Ok so you admit its an ignorant assumption of yours but you'll stick to it anyway. Fair enough.

Im done arguing as paddy said its just history repeating itself.
    Your problem is you argue, and you argue because your unable to take criticism, but you can dish it out.

1 thing:

tell me your lyrics represent you fully, everything you say is all you.

troll.jpg

Feelings? Criticism? You really just throw out anything in an attempt to argue. Read my posts in here. Best of luck troll. Keep on trolling. Keep hiding behind a character online. You're cool
    Of course your feelings are hurt, your resorting to petty mud slinging, your attempting to make this out to be an argument, your accusing me of trolling when your the one who replied to my post! you make accusations based on nothing.

I repeat you replied to me first! You brought my name up.

157a8181-aaac-41fb-a3ab-e0989dd688f8.jpg

Just in case nugget is in the process of informing a mod about my "trolling" I'll just point out that he mentioned my name first, he then went out of his way to reply to me again.

I think that's important, he mentioned my name out of the blue and then accused my of trolling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

People talking about Irish hiphop saying "nobody will take is seriously" are absolute tools.

People like Rob and MJEX are extremely respected in the US by major radio DJ's, procuders, MC's and journos. Rob's tracks get played on some of the top HipHop shows in the world. XXL did a fecking full page article on him in not long ago.

MJEX were loved at SXSW the times they went over and got shout outs from Slug, Sage Francis and Brother Ali, they've worked with people lilke C Rayz Wallz and a **** ton more.

The Infomatics make, possible, the most progressive and creative music of ANY current Irish act, the lads are doing stuff nobody here has even tried before and blending it with Hiphop.

Those 3 acts are all "real" they all rap about what they live, they make music that is both influenced by other peoples music and also extremely individual, they are all themselves, have their own styles and make music that would never be confused with anyone else.

Lecs just sounds like yet another Tyler clone.

I'd respect all of the above infinitely more than I would Lecs.

THe lad has talent, but ffs, Hiphop is about being yourself, not pretending you're something you're not. Just because some ****ty pop rappers from the US use different regional accents doesn't justify people from Ireland or the UK using fake american (or London) accents.

Keeping it real, my arse.

P.s Nuie's flow > 99.999999999999*% of established rappers on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not to distract away from Lecs Luther again but I would add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_WFKdKY5E and countless others and to say any of these tunes sound the same is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stick to the topic.

There is no need to resume discussions from older threads and discussion of users history on the forum.

Enough with the pictures of trolls and calling people trolls. Back seat modding is not cool.

There was no racist posts that I can see, it appears that someones post was looked as being racist but I dont believe was written as a racist remark.

If any of this continues there will be bans.

I have tried to be as fair as possible here so far on not issueing bans. I have issued 1 infraction for a direct insult. Keep it clean please.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Seaneh wrote: »
    People talking about Irish hiphop saying "nobody will take is seriously" are absolute tools.

People like Rob and MJEX are extremely respected in the US by major radio DJ's, procuders, MC's and journos. Rob's tracks get played on some of the top HipHop shows in the world. XXL did a fecking full page article on him in not long ago.

MJEX were loved at SXSW the times they went over and got shout outs from Slug, Sage Francis and Brother Ali, they've worked with people lilke C Rayz Wallz and a **** ton more.

The Infomatics make, possible, the most progressive and creative music of ANY current Irish act, the lads are doing stuff nobody here has even tried before and blending it with Hiphop.

Those 3 acts are all "real" they all rap about what they live, they make music that is both influenced by other peoples music and also extremely individual, they are all themselves, have their own styles and make music that would never be confused with anyone else.

THe lad has talent, but ffs, Hiphop is about being yourself, not pretending you're something you're not. Just because some ****ty pop rappers from the US use different regional accents doesn't justify people from Ireland or the UK using fake american (or London) accents.

Give me lecs and tyler clones over this any day of the week. You can respect them all you want, but they're boring and make dull music, lyrics we've all heard before and beats you can forget easily. Sure you can see what Lecs it trying to do but it's done a hell of a lot better than the above and the kid is still learning, i'll wait for his album before i judge anymore though.

Oh i know, let me wrap about drugs and guns, but one shall do it in a Dublin accent, ergo making it ok. Boring, boring, boring, boring. Also is that last song a piss take parody? If it is it's kinda funny.

I don't include MJEX in this, they are miles better than all the above acts.

• Advertisement

Guns and drugs of course being non existant in dublin. The song is a social commentary on dublin gang culture. Not once do they glorify it

Guns and drugs of course being non existant in dublin. The song is a social commentary on dublin gang culture. Not once do they glorify it

Not once do they glorify it? Did you watch the video?

Sure there are drugs and guns in Dublin but it's the poor/basic lyrics that do it for me, not surprising though seen as collie is involved.

What is that snappy chorus again? popped with dropped. christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Seaneh wrote: »

Ye there rubbish too come of it, Iv literally never heard of rob Kelly before this thread his name just doesn't ring bell mainly due to the fact Irish hip hop is such a small circle.

That guns of dublin song that's the kind of sh*t I'm on about comical to say the least, although crime is on the rise all over the country and gangs are on the increase it hasn't really gone to the stage where you would worry about stepping out your front door and getting shot as referenced in the lyrics lol.

The music is just plain bad IMO, I couldn't care less if xxl dedicated an article to him he probably payed for it, but I can tell you this Irish hip hop will never break the commercial Market and be consistantly successful unless you have an act like the rubber bandits who just take the piss, nugget and the likes is that the look Ye want for Irish hip hop? At the moment the best chance any of Ye have of been successful is to blend comedy into your music.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Not once do they glorify it? Did you watch the video?

Yeah i did. The song is about gun and drug crime as a problem in dublin. So the video focused on that. How is it glorifying it? The video represents what the song is about. Thats glorifying it?

So does the film a time to kill glorify rape and this is england glorify racism towards asian people?

nugget and the likes is that the look Ye want for Irish hip hop?
    Is what? None of those videos are me and i didnt link any of them?
    I dont understand if your asking me a question or mentioning me in that sentence?

Yeah i did. The song is about gun and drug crime as a problem in dublin. So the video focused on that. How is it glorifying it? The video represents what the song is about. Thats glorifying it?

So does the film a time to kill glorify rape and this is england glorify racism towards asian people?

wtf? A music video that show drug use and gun use in the form of a comic strip with similar styings to the GTA video games is not a piece of art. It's a crass parody that while glorifying might be too strong it definitely edifies it in a visual manner that in one way displays it to be negative.

Also massive lol's at your comparison with a time to kill.

Why don't they/you rap about home break ins, dodging the tv licence inspector, the price of petrol, the luas, homelessness, getting thrown out of coppers, trying to find fruitful employment, but no let's stick to guns and drugs. Cos as long as it's in an irish accent shure tis grand like. joke.

Where did i compare anything to a time to kill? I didnt, i used it as an example of somebody featuring a subject without glorifying it. So massive lols at your reading something i didnt write.

You may not be aware but you are not a huge authority on what is or isn't art. Maybe dont send that cv to nobel just yet.

Lastly i and they rap about all those things.
    Tera from class a'z has many songs about his feeling on tax, polictics, the illuminati, despression, the lisbon treaty etc
    Redzer has tracks encouraging kids to so no to drugs, alchohol etc, songs about the effect of domestic violence, songs about his childhood etc

I have songs about my struggle to find employment after being laid off from a good job,depression, homelessness(featured in a short film about homeless people), irish stereotypes and history etc the list goes on.

You just assume all the songs are about drugs/crime.

its laughable, the videos dont help either, is there a check list all irish "rappers" must adhere to?

Can of Dutch Gold
    Dirt filled corner of a field/park.

why focus on the neglected parts of where the videos are shot, why pick a filthy corner to stand in, why do i see that in most videos ive seen.
    every artist has this need to push home the notion that they live in deprived areas.

honestly, nothing about this scene is good.

that guns in dublin video in no way talks on guns or crime being a problem, its done in comic book style ffs.
    tbh its a good idea poorly executed, those lads are not criminals so if they want to talk about the gun/crime problem they cant do it in first person.
    talk about the problem from the eyes of an on looker not from the eyes of the person committing the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm gong to wade in here with my 46 kenyan schillings....

As for Lec Luther and his fake accent. Listening to him, I would have never thought it was fake. I did think it was Earl initially and even steals some of Earls lines. But the other stuff I've heard has been quite good regardless of accent.
    If you hear Eminem speak, it is totally different to his rap voice.
    If you hear Sean Pricce speak, it is different to how he sounds on record.
    If you hear Nine speak....totally different.
    If you hear Drake speak....Nikki Minaj.......Lil Wayne....Choclair......Chino XL....etc etc.....there is a noticible difference.
    People should rap how they are comfortable and to fit the beat or to accent thier voice to make a point. It's the artists freedom.

But, there are some people that dont have voices for rap. Unfortunatley, I think that alot of Irish rappers dont have a suitable voice to rap. It's just that they are so passionate that they persist. I found out the hard way that I dont have a voice to MC with but accepted it. I sounded like a thick accented dubliner with a turnip in my mouth locked in an airtight sandwich bag.

I have to admit, as we have him on the thread here, that when I first heard Nugget that I didnt really like his voice, no offence here at all. But I think that Nugget has developed dramatially over the years and sounds so much more comforatable on the mic, and much more listenable.

I also think that Irish production was a huge let down for years, but in recent times it has come on leaps and bounds and strides.
    The only Irish hip hop bands that I actively pay attention to from Ireland are MJEX and The Infomatics. I have my issues with some of what they do, thankfully with MJEX I can air my grievences with them as they are good friends of mine.....I think they've even taken my advise on a few songs during the recording process and some artistic direction on the sleeves.

In respect of the quality of the video's, they are improving alot but on a budget of €0 it's great that Irish Hip Hop artists can actually put out videos that can be viewed globally.

I'm all for supporting Irish Hip Hop, and Lecs Luther gets my support.

Advertisement