Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitty won't sit in the room with us:( !!

• 24-08-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

We got our kitty from when he was about a month old. At the start, he liked to hide under the tv and behind the couch as is normal. He then found the top of the couch was to his liking and stayed there. Since he has been neutered, we cannot get him next or near the living room as he likes to sprawl on the bed upstairs. I've closed all the doors upstairs but he will still sit on the carpet outside. I've brought his bed and toys in, cat treats etc but he seems to prefer the peace and quiet upstairs. Is it possible that he just dosn't like the tv (or us:(!)? Has anyone had this experience or know what I can do to get him in the same room as us?!! Thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

My cat was the same for the first year. Then all of a sudden he just started to hang out with us. It will happen you just need to let it happen in his own time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

When you want them to lie somewhere they think it's a trap and when you don't want them somewhere they won't budge!! :D. I found catnip spray very good eg when we got a new radiator bed and he wasn't taking to it. Once it was laced with the spray he loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

tk123 wrote: »
    When you want them to lie somewhere they think it's a trap and when you don't want them somewhere they won't budge!! :D. I found catnip spray very good eg when we got a new radiator bed and he wasn't taking to it. Once it was laced with the spray he loved it!

That's totally true! Sometimes we will just go upstairs and lie beside him and then he takes off to the next room. Thanks for that and Bullseye also, what a relief!

Advertisement