Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ROBOCOP ARCADE GAME

• 24-08-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone rememer this game - it was my favourite coin-op game back when I was a kid. Such simple gameplay, left to right platform shooter. Would love a crack at it again...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I have the original board :)
    I've actually never played it though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a cracking game, played it back in the day in the arcade and had it on the Speccy, an excellent version might I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah a quality game,but goddamn hard
    Sound effects really blew me away in the arcade.
    Think they may have overshadowed the sound of enemies dying in Golden Axe or the sound of a plank hitting a freak in Splatterhouse...ahhh memories.
    I Hated Ed-209

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ahh, I just played this on my new candy cab :D

I got the pcb board a while ago and only just played it today.
    I really loved this game back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah a quality game,but goddamn hard
    Sound effects really blew me away in the arcade.
    Think they may have overshadowed the sound of enemies dying in Golden Axe or the sound of a plank hitting a freak in Splatterhouse...ahhh memories.
    I Hated Ed-209

I can hear that exact sound in my head. :D
    Tetris was the worst culprit for me, annoyingly loud that game.
    Cool game Robocop, never got into though, was rubbish at trying to jump backwards to avoid the bullets coming from above. I think the second one was a lot easier if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

First retro beers i went to in Retros gaff and played Robocop for the 1st time in near 20 years

Boy oh boy did it take me back:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

Anyone any idea how I could get a game of it again????

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I can hear that exact sound in my head. :D
    Tetris was the worst culprit for me, annoyingly loud that game.
    Cool game Robocop, never got into though, was rubbish at trying to jump backwards to avoid the bullets coming from above. I think the second one was a lot easier if I remember correctly.

ED 209 used to scream "ROBOFREAK " which would do a good job in putting y off!!
    You had to press jump & shoot together to defeat ED209....ah the memories :D

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, gonna give it a shot now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I always preferred robocop ll on the c64 , great platformer. Oh and donkey kong's attract noises were the worst for blaring over other games . Still though they always pop into my head when I think of arcades...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The minute I read the title of this thread I could hear robocop saying 'drop it' followed by that thud when punching a load of scum bags. I did a complete playthrough a month ago while procrastinating about my thesis again and enjoyed every minute.

It was alot shorter then I'd remembered and I'd never completed it in the wild. Judging by the amount of credits I used in my playthrough it would have been about 3 weeks worth of pocket money in order to do it. It's defo one of the best games to come out of Data East but Robocop II is even better.

As far as the home ports from Ocean are concerned there's a bug meaning it can't be finished. There's plenty of long plays on youtube if anyones interested in seeing the gfx getting messed up. That makes two games I know of along with the port of Rastan that ocean made a bollox off... Sure we complain about patches to games now a days but at least there fixed! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I have fond memories of the Robocop 2 cart released on the ill-fated C64 cartridge format.
    Actually it could have been rubbish..I remember a lot of baby food collecting and
    drug plants

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Robocop 3 on the Amiga was a pretty good game too. The 3D was cool and it had a decent soundtrack too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I have fond memories of the Robocop 2 cart released on the ill-fated C64 cartridge format.
    Actually it could have been rubbish..I remember a lot of baby food collecting and
    drug plants
    I really enjoyed it back then , although I remember robocop sliding after jumps so much it looked like he was on skates!

Advertisement