Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgrove anybody?? 1st years in particular!

Options
  • 24-08-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm just after paying a deposit on a place in Belgrove (really wanted Merville but what the hey)...gonna be studying Commerce International! Any other freshers Belgrove bound?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Yup!!! House 23, living with two lovely second year ladies.
    Can't wait to move in!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hildago

House 15! See ya there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

'Sup!
    House 12 :)

Don't suppose there's any way we can see who else is in our apartment once it's booked, no?? Would love to know!

I'm really lucky in the way that I DO know. :D

Arranged with a friend of a friend (:S) to live with her, she's in second year so knew where she was.. One extra room in the apartment and BAM, i got lucky. :D

• Advertisement

Nice one! You can scab some useful info for freshers from the wise old 2nd years and all! :D

do we have to move in on the 5th or could it possibly be the day before?? it'd be handier for me to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

House 18! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JohnnyBoii

House 25 :) Hope i get people that know how to have a laugh ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hildago wrote: »
    House 15! See ya there! :D

Which apartment are you in ?

Nice one! You can scab some useful info for freshers from the wise old 2nd years and all! :D

do we have to move in on the 5th or could it possibly be the day before?? it'd be handier for me to be honest..

I heard something about having to apply for Early Check In, and it costing her 30 squids..

It doesn't make sense to me, moving in on the 5th, as there's talks and things timetabled at 10am. :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Room Address: Apartment 4 Room 1, Belgrove House 27, Belgrove Residences, Belfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

House 23. . .barely. . .being naive and innocent, we didnt apply until around 8.30pm. . .nothing left but blackrock and muckross. . .but belgroves appeared around 9.20. . .just after the muckross application had timed out. . .lucky much!

Digits wrote: »
    Room Address: Apartment 4 Room 1, Belgrove House 27, Belgrove Residences, Belfield :)

And yes!!!! Not the only corkonian in town. 'sda job!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

How much was accomodation and is it too late to apply now? Didnt think i was gonna get UCD so didnt realy look into it :S

House 23. . .barely. . .being naive and innocent, we didnt apply until around 8.30pm. . .nothing left but blackrock and muckross. . .but belgroves appeared around 9.20. . .just after the muckross application had timed out. . .lucky much!

What apartment??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 babsgirl

I'm just after paying a deposit on a place in Belgrove (really wanted Merville but what the hey)...gonna be studying Commerce International! Any other freshers Belgrove bound?? :)
    im doing commerce international too :)have you decided which languages yet?no accommodation offer yet though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Belgrove is cheapest isn't it?

what.to.do wrote: »
    What apartment??

Apartment One. . .I've a sneaking suspicion that its a ground-floor one.. .whrat one are ye in?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

House 36, apartement 4!! Was hoping for Roebuck but sure what harm, craic will be had in belgrove :D

Apartment One. . .I've a sneaking suspicion that its a ground-floor one.. .whrat one are ye in?

Yeah, I think you're ground floor.. I'm apartment six, and top floor!

• Advertisement

Belgrove is cheapest isn't it?

Yes and no. . .its the same price as Merville, but cheaper than Glenomena and Roebuck on campus. ..
    what.to.do wrote: »
    Yeah, I think you're ground floor.. I'm apartment six, and top floor!

Ye've got the view so. . .should be graaand. . .

But you get to stumble in your door no bother after a night on the tear..
    I get to walk up all the stairs.. Or fall up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

When it says twin room does it mean sharing a room with another girl? In the Belgrove accomodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hc12345

Hi i am in belgrove house 1, who else is in house 1???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

When it says twin room does it mean sharing a room with another girl? In the Belgrove accomodation.

Yes, you'll share with somebody of the same gender, two beds in the one room!

Which apartment are you in ?

I'm in apartment 5! House 15 too, yes?? :)
    babsgirl wrote: »
    im doing commerce international too :)have you decided which languages yet?no accommodation offer yet though confused.gif

I'm doing German and Chinese....Chinese could be interesting...or terrible....and I did German for LC and fluked a B1 so I'm a little bit afraid I might fall behind on that one :(...might pick up an extra German module as one of my electives to see if it helps! What languages are you planning on doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corby1992

House 16 anyone? where do the RA's live?

corby1992 wrote: »
    House 16 anyone? where do the RA's live?

Apparently RA's live somewhere around the first couple of houses, houses 1, 2 and possibly 3....don't take that as gospel or anything, just what I've heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mc_teo

Belgrove House 20!

Did anyone find that the website wasnt working too well? My two friends and I wanted to get apartments nearby each other, if not sharing. We were advised Merville had better craic, but neither Merville or Belgrove showed up on the list at all. We kept refreshing and every so often they would appear, but all three of us couldnt get it at the same time. Eventually we were all going to book different apartments in the same house, but then one of the credit cards messed up, so he had to start again, and ended up in merville.

Anyway, may there be many drunken nights to be had in belgrove.

• Advertisement

mc_teo wrote: »
    Belgrove House 20!

Did anyone find that the website wasnt working too well? My two friends and I wanted to get apartments nearby each other, if not sharing. We were advised Merville had better craic, but neither Merville or Belgrove showed up on the list at all. We kept refreshing and every so often they would appear, but all three of us couldnt get it at the same time. Eventually we were all going to book different apartments in the same house, but then one of the credit cards messed up, so he had to start again, and ended up in merville.

Anyway, may there be many drunken nights to be had in belgrove.

I think most people had trouble with it...I was so mad I didn't get Merville at first but I can't wait to get going now! Excitement! :D

Advertisement