Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best diary, and why

• 24-08-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Every year I have taught so far I have had some grievance with the diary I bought. Thoughts on them? I like the hard back ones, think they're Folens but never enough of space...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

I love the Folens diary as it is sturdy, durable and compact.
    Any of the diaries that need to go in to a binder fall apart mid-year! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I create my own and keep it in my general folder, If I had another book I would just lose it! Just spent yesterday evening adjusting the dates from last year, putting in holidays, exam dates etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The school I was in provided one for us. It was very handy and it had plenty of room for everything. When I was a student I used the Folens one and I like it, although I can see how it might not have enough space for everything for a non-student teacher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

We are given a hardback one in school and I hate it! I use the G&M one and put it into a folder with a zip along the side. Not only does it keep my class lists and records, but there's room to put a few polypockets in between each class group, which I find great for copies of handouts, reports etc. That way I've everything with me in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

We get the Folens one - its hardback but it has that awful white spiral binding at the side and mine always comes apart ( due to sticking extra pages and handouts into it I know but that's inevitable!) It has plenty of space and useful info etc but last year none of the roll pages lined up with the class list once you turned the page....was a nightmare doing reports as the page for recording results was out of sync too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I use the Folens one even though most teachers in school use the G&M one. I like the Folens one because its compact and easier to carry around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

RH149 wrote: »
    It has plenty of space and useful info etc but last year none of the roll pages lined up with the class list once you turned the page....was a nightmare doing reports as the page for recording results was out of sync too.

I had the same problem last year. In theory I like the diary, but in practice this drove me bonkers this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

deemark wrote: »
    We are given a hardback one in school and I hate it! I use the G&M one and put it into a folder with a zip along the side. Not only does it keep my class lists and records, but there's room to put a few polypockets in between each class group, which I find great for copies of handouts, reports etc. That way I've everything with me in one place.

I do the same. I also like this because I can insert loose pages with my class plans/schemes of work etc alongside each class group. I find that the folder pages don't fall out if I have a zippy folder.

And people say teachers are square... :D

Advertisement