Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 days in Hong Kong

• 24-08-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Heading to HK with the missus the start of October, never been before. Wondering if anyone has any advice on restaurants or off the beaten track kinda things to do.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

There is a heritage walking tour outside of the city about 20mins on a train. Its very easy to get to, drop into one of the tourist offices thats where we got the details from.
    Go to Victoria peak, amazing views of the city and harbour.

check out the street stalls in Kowloon, its great fun bartering on already ridiculously cheap fake goods.
    Every night @8pm there is a light show on the harbour where all the buildings light up, very impressive.

HK is my favourite city, so jealous of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

The Boat House Restaurant in Stanley serves good food. But if you're into seafood big time take a short ferry trip to Lamma Island and FEAST! The best seafood I've had in my life is right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

plus 1 for Victoria Peak, it is spectacular. Get your wee trip on the only double decker trams in the world too! I found it a hugely impressive place.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Thanks for the replies. I've been told that food & drink can be expensive in the sit down restaurants and bars. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

We had dinner at the hotel we were staying in and found it dear enough, but were out near the Temple Street Market one evening and went into a local restaurant and got a lovely local dish for €5 each.

I would HIGHLY recommend a trip to Lantau Island and Ngong Ping to see the Big Buddha statue. Amazing views along the way, and its easily reached via the MTR (or you can go by ferry) and then the cable car is a must for the views.

HK is an amazing place and we found everyone so friendly.

Some pics I took:

9718_1050158909781_1700008024_112996_3627691_n.jpg

9718_1050158989783_1700008024_112998_7078720_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement