Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Cancellations and Debit Cards

Options
  • 24-08-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I ordered some computer components from amazon and had paid for them with my Visa Debit card. What happened was I found that the components wouldnt actually fit in my PC so I cancelled them before they went to dispatch. That was grand, no problems there.

In the meantime I've fixed my PC case and reordered one of the components and I just checked my bank account. Now I know Amazon don't actually charge until they ship but as far as I can see they freeze money in your account which i presume they do to make sure you can actually pay when the time comes to ship it (Fair enough). So now my bank account says: Total money €XXXX, Total money available €XXXX-The two cancellations and the new order.

So long story short! When can I expect to have that money available to me again?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to banking.

It can take 5 days to release held funds on a debit card, possibly longer. Depends on the bank.

Advertisement