Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g & skype

Options
  • 24-08-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Interested in buying a android phone, would like to use skype though on it. Heard it is not the best. I know three used to or automatically route skype calls as a voice call as opposed to voip over data channels. Do they still do this? Is it still necessary? Is it a special version of the skype app that is used in this instance or just the normal skype client that one can download for android phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm using regular Skype for Android on my Samsung and it works fine over 3G. I have a data SIM, so it is treated as a regular data using app.

I wouldn't agree it is not the best, I have no problems whatsoever with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The lag on it caused by 3g is really annoying is only problem.

Three give you free skype data ONLY if you use their special version.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

srsly78 wrote: »
    The lag on it caused by 3g is really annoying is only problem.

I have to be honest, I have never experienced it. And I have used Skype on 3G both here (while moving in a car, I might add) and abroad on 3G.

Advertisement