Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for watch box.

• 24-08-2011 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

Looking for a nice display box for my watches with 10-12 spaces at a reasonable price (under €100). I've looked through amazons selection but nothing caught my eye for the price point. Some nice £300+ ones for sure.

Is there any stores in Ireland worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

i picked up a nice leather watch box that holds 8 watches in Weirs on Grafton st. for just under €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Excellent. I'll drop into see them over the weekend then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I spotted this guys stuff from another forum the other day. They look sweet. He does some more expensive types in different woods / carbon fiber etc but the one below holds 12 watches for €129.00
    size of the box: 33 x 32 x 8 cm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thread/1267138732/last-1267138732/FS-+++FINE+WATCH+BOXES++-++ideal+for+PANERAI+WATCHES

12er_Uhrenbox_schwarz.jpg

12er_Uhrenbox_schwarz_01.jpg

IMG_6585.jpg

Now that is Sssswwweeeeeetttt. For an extra €29 it's certainly worth it. Look at all of those Pans LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

I got one of these recently and have just ordered a second one :o

0499do_gr.jpg

looks better in the flesh than it does in that picture. I'll post some actual photos later on.

Comes with a soft carry case that the actual box goes into and is lockable also. (Wouldn't take much to get past the lock tbh!)

Website is http://www.watch-tool.de/ and they do a wide range of stuff including watch tools. Price is 169 but the finish is superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

save the trip to Weirs so - I wish i had known about these guys - :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Looking forward to needing one of these one day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I'd recommend Wolf Designs. I bought a display case in Weirs but had to return it as it was too tight a fit - the watches were pressed against eachother(my watches are on the large size also).

I picked up the one with the drawer.

http://uk.wolfdesigns.com/10-piece-watch-box-cover
    10-pc-watchbox-glass-495x495.png

http://uk.wolfdesigns.com/10-piece-watch-box-drawer
    10pc-watchbox-glass-drawer-495x495.png

Great quality box, really well put together. I can take some photos if you want a look at it.

They do like nice.

Sent the guy in Germany an email about the 12 set box. Hopefully he is quick in answering his mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Sent the guy in Germany an email about the 12 set box. Hopefully he is quick in answering his mail.

I'll bring mine to the next watch meet :)

He is very fast at answering his emails. Paypal invoice sent and paid LOL. Should have it next week. :D

Rainer must work late. Is Germany one or two hours ahead. Just sent me an email this is getting shipped tomorrow and I'll receive my tracking number by midday. That's service for you.

Efficiency, I hope you pointed out to him though about how we send money their way too ;)

I think they are sending more money our way lately. :D

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I think they are sending more money our way lately. :D

They do want it back with interest, don't forget :)

Haha got my tracking number.

Well it arrived today by courier. Very well packaged. The box itself is very nicely finished with each compartment having a generous amount of space. Highly recommended.

044588e6.jpg

eca34bcb.jpg

2ff12344.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just to lower the tone a bit :D

Here's my watch box, as bought this morning:

172867.jpg172868.jpg

nope you're not seeing things ...this is a plastic box with a drawer, crammed with bath sponges.
    Size: 34 x 28 x 15 cm; capacity: well ...if I cut the sponges I'd say about 20 watches easily; price: 14 miserly Euro altogether :D

Fits nicely on my nightstand

EDIT:

HAH!

A minor sponge re-shuffle and the whole thing looks almost presentable

Plus I can wind the watches without having to take tem out.

Next step: colour co-ordinate the sponges :D:rolleyes::D

Yes, it's a slow day today

Damn I just spit my tea all over the keyboard LOL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement