Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying off of hardwareversand.de using the configurator ?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi im buying my latest pc off of hardwareversand pc using the configurator and no im not building it myself i am getting them to build it main reason being while im aware that it is quite easy to build i just dont have the time or patience nor the space to put it together myself however the pc im building is quite future proof along with the case so i will be easily able to change parts and rebuild using this case in the future however im not ready to do so right now and im ordering this pc for battefield 3 so lol i might be going slightly overboard but AS i said this is meant to be future proof now before i buy im wondering how reliable are hardwareversand ? as in build quality support and service etc and how long would they take to build im planning on ordering this september 5th here are the specs your input would be appreciated.

build:
    cpu:Intel Core i7-2600K

motherboard:ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Rev 3.0

ram:16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz 16GB PC3-12800U CL9

case:Cooler Master HAF X

power supply:Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

card reader:Lian Li Aluminium-Cardreader CR-36B

sli gpus: 2 msi lightning gtx 580's

hdd:Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, Western Digital2001FASS

S-ATA DVD writer:ASUS DRW-24B3LT

S-ATA Blu-ray/HD-DVD:Asus BC-12B1LT

total including them building it comes to:2.286,84 euro

suggestions welcome im pretty sure this will run anything lol been saving up for this all year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Just remember when you're ordering from HWVS, to make sure the OS you select says 'Version Englisch', else you're going to end up with a German OS^^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

That's quite a build...

Do you need the two optical drives? I'ld imagine one blu-ray drive would be enough...

If you're building a gaming rig, i'ld say go with the i5.
    i7 is better suited for media production and such things which make use of hyperthreading. It won't be any better for gaming than the i5. Also you don't need two gtx580s if you're gonna be doing video/photo/audio production work.

Also you might wanna throw in the Noctua d14 cooler. Its the best aircooled cpu cooler and will be perfect for overclocking with the Asus mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CrazyGamer95

kev_like wrote: »
    Just remember when you're ordering from HWVS, to make sure the OS you select says 'Version Englisch', else you're going to end up with a German OS^^
    yeah i made sure to pick the englisch version lol it would be hilarious if i got the german version though have you ordered from hwvs before are they reliable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CrazyGamer95

That's quite a build...

Do you need the two optical drives? I'ld imagine one blu-ray drive would be enough...

If you're building a gaming rig, i'ld say go with the i5.
    i7 is better suited for media production and such things which make use of hyperthreading. It won't be any better for gaming than the i5. Also you don't need two gtx580s if you're gonna be doing video/photo/audio production work.

Also you might wanna throw in the Noctua d14 cooler. Its the best aircooled cpu cooler and will be perfect for overclocking with the Asus mobo.
    well this build is mainly for gaming so the sli is good for future proof i know 1 is plenty but i dont want to change cards for atleast a year and a half and it works out cheaper for me to get two drives as opposed to one as from what i read this is a basic blu ray drive with some dvd writing features so it is only 56 euro as opposed to one that is 130 euro and the dvd r/w is 21 euro so its less than 100 for both drives and i might do video photo audio editing in the future so the i7 is there just in case. i will get a better cooler in the future im going to do a small overclock on the 2600k but i will eventually upgrade when i feel the need to and that is the cooler im interested in but hwvs dont install alot of aftermarket coolers so im not gonna add it just yet.

Advertisement