Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impressed!

• 24-08-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Well.... :)

Just got an ego-t starter kit, had no experience with e-cigs before, and wasn't sure what to expect........inhale, burning throat hit...beaming like a Cheshire cat!

I hadn't even planned on quitting, but am going to see how long I go with out smoking a ciggie for the hell of it.

Thanks to Nesf for a reccomendation he made to another newbie, I got the same kit with some dual coil cartos and it's all quite cool. One thing tho, I'm getting the best amount and hit of vapour from one of the atomisers(low res?) that come with the ego, the rest don't seem as good, have I over loaded or are does it vary?

Also the my inner gadget freek is quite satisfied as well :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

Just to ask as well, what were you're experiences of the change from cigs to e-cigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

E-cigs? I've heard it all now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Welcome to the internet.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Just to ask as well, what were you're experiences of the change from cigs to e-cigs?

For me it's like moving from muck to water;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im not sure but i think i've smoked a little over a pack of cigs since I got mine in november/december. the charger broke on the friday of a bank holiday weekend, so I wasn't able to get a replacement until wednesday of the following week so I vaped as little as possible and when the juice finally ran out bought a packet of disgusting cigarettes and made them last
    problem is, towards the end of the pack the disgusting cigarettes tasted ****ing delicious. once i got the charger I just went straight back to vaping and i think i've smoked.. 1 cigarette since .. ive lit up about 3 times, but I get a few drags in and throw it away, much to the disgust of the person whos pack I took it from :)

i've noticed I need nicotine less though.. i've gone down to 11mg juice and will eventually drop down to whatever is below it.. 8mg I think. This time last year, if I went an hour without a smoke I'd be craving terribly.. whether it's a drive to dublin, a college class or just walking around town. I wouldn't go to tesco without a cigarette to smoke on the way, but now I'm happy to leave the ecig at home and wander about without thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

im not sure but i think i've smoked a little over a pack of cigs since I got mine in november/december. the charger broke on the friday of a bank holiday weekend, so I wasn't able to get a replacement until wednesday of the following week so I vaped as little as possible and when the juice finally ran out bought a packet of disgusting cigarettes and made them last
    problem is, towards the end of the pack the disgusting cigarettes tasted ****ing delicious. once i got the charger I just went straight back to vaping and i think i've smoked.. 1 cigarette since .. ive lit up about 3 times, but I get a few drags in and throw it away, much to the disgust of the person whos pack I took it from :)

i've noticed I need nicotine less though.. i've gone down to 11mg juice and will eventually drop down to whatever is below it.. 8mg I think. This time last year, if I went an hour without a smoke I'd be craving terribly.. whether it's a drive to dublin, a college class or just walking around town. I wouldn't go to tesco without a cigarette to smoke on the way, but now I'm happy to leave the ecig at home and wander about without thinking about it.

The taste thing is pretty interesting, my experience so far is teaching what's nice and what's disgusting about cigarette smoke. It's also interesting from the e-liquid point of view in how the choice of different flavors makes for a bit of variety. Certainly an enjoyable aspect of the switch.

I'll be looking to reduce nicotine eventually as well, but for the moment I'll concentrate on the switch, I'm also learning about reliability as well, I'm still a sucker for having the availability of a nicotine hit at all times, and tanks let me down last night :(

Will be sticking with the carto for when I'm out and about.
    For me it's like moving from muck to water
    Amen to that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iceogre

Well.... :)

Just got an ego-t starter kit, had no experience with e-cigs before, and wasn't sure what to expect........inhale, burning throat hit...beaming like a Cheshire cat!

I hadn't even planned on quitting, but am going to see how long I go with out smoking a ciggie for the hell of it.

Thanks to Nesf for a reccomendation he made to another newbie, I got the same kit with some dual coil cartos and it's all quite cool. One thing tho, I'm getting the best amount and hit of vapour from one of the atomisers(low res?) that come with the ego, the rest don't seem as good, have I over loaded or are does it vary?

Also the my inner gadget freek is quite satisfied as well :D

I've been following this forum for a few weeks and decided to take the plunge and buy an e cig. I'm glad I did.
    I didn't want to spend too much so I bought an ego battery, 3 dual coil cartomisers, a drip tip and a couple of bottles of juice (10ml of Virginia and 10ml of menthol)
    Kit arrived the next day set it up. Over the last 10 days I haven't had a single cig! No desire to have one either.
    I spent €34 on my first order from thebest
    Shop. It's already paid for itself.The first 2 dual coils are still going strong and I have around 8ml of juice left.
    Thanks for all the input and advice on this forum.

Advertisement