Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Registration

• 24-08-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭

Just wondering having accepted the offer from UCD, what do I do re registration. I have not recieved an email from them yet?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Sign onto UCD connect using your CAO number and your date of birth (ddmmyy) as your password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

^ That's not working for me. Anyone else?

virtus1 wrote: »
    ^ That's not working for me. Anyone else?

Did you put in the year of your date of birth as 1992 or 92.

Its the second one btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

Yeah :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Hpw do we change our username from our CAO number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

You won't be able to change your username, your CAO number is now your Student ID Number and will be on your student card and it is what you use to log in to ucd connect, what you will write on your exam scripts etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Your CAO number is now your student ID, so memorise it - you will use it for nearly everything!

You can (and should!) change your password from the default DDMMYY - it can have letters and numbers, so change it to something secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

How do you get accommodation? I'm still not quite sure how it works. I logged in to my UCD connect account and I click "email" at the top and it logs into my email account and I refresh the page until an offer comes up? Should I stay up all night trying? Or do they come at specific times?

Somebody please help me! I didn't expect to get UCD and am trying to get campus accommodation.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Theplant

Starting next month. Living on campus cause i was in the UK for the last few years i had no hassle getting in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

mockshelp wrote: »
    I didn't expect to get UCD and am trying to get campus accommodation.

Thanks.

Don't bother.

Too late.

Look elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Don't bother.

Too late.

Look elsewhere.

Since when is it too late?

Don't bother.

Too late.

Look elsewhere.

Too late now? But some people booked yesterday and say there is loads left in Glenomena? see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055812720&page=17

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Too late now? But some people booked yesterday and say there is loads left in Glenomena? see here: http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055812720&page=17

Yes bur there are hundreds of people still waiting for an offer and plenty more who have received an offer and currently in the 24hour period to book a room.

I'm 316 on the wait list when I log into sisweb.ucd.ie

How does it work? I login to the "UCD connect" and go to "email" before 4PM and keep refreshing waiting for an offer? Will I get one?

People should have been registering for these campus places before they even did the Leaving Cert, regardless of whether you thought you would get an offer for that college or not.

You may have had to book NUIG and UCD and lose the deposit in one. Such is life.

Obviously everyone doesn't have the money to be doing this you must realise that a lot of folk around the country would have done it.

So to expect to get a place on campus at this stage is a bit naive. Some people who registered for accommodation 4 months ago will be told to look elsewhere.

But isn't UCD different. Every college has a different system.

The first one to click an offer gets it. So there's still a chance. It doesn't make a difference when you registered. Some of my friends got offers yesterday and accepted them. Last year someone who registered very early and was number 19 in the waiting list didn't get on campus because she was too slow to accept offers and other people got it.

Someone who know's about UCD please help me. Offers still are at 4PM everyday. I'll keep trying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

But isn't UCD different. Every college has a different system.

The first one to click an offer gets it. So there's still a chance. It doesn't make a difference when you registered. Some of my friends got offers yesterday and accepted them fyi. Last year someone who registered very early and was number 19 in the waiting list didn't get on campus because she was too slow to accept offers and other people got it.

Someone who know's about UCD please help me. Offers still are at 4PM everyday. I'll keep trying.

There are only enough offers sent out for the number of places available. Its not a race to the computer. The person who was 19th and didn't get in obviously didn't accept the offer within 24 hours as is required. Your friends were obviously well ahead of you on the waiting list.

Im 304 on the waiting list now. Is that good? Will I get an offer today?

Well maybe you can answer that now!

Advertisement