Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Thrones Filming & Murlough Bay Accommodation

Options
  • 24-08-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I've heard a rumor that Game of Thrones is filming in Murlough Bay does anyone know if this is true? Myself and the OH are planning a trip up to the Giants Causeway this weekend and if filming is going on the Murlough Bay then we're also hoping to visit it and see if we can get a glimpse of the set (and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Murlough Bay!).

We thought we might stay in Ballycastle. Can anyone tell me if that would that be a good spot for visiting both the Causeway and Murlough Bay? We're driving up from Galway so we'll have the car but after the long trip up we don't want to spend too much time driving around Antrim so looking any for recommendations for accommodation.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

mmmm, might be fine for Causeway but Murlough is near Newcastle in south down. Don't know much of the North East coast myself but thats prob a journey of maybe a hour or 2. Can't remember if there is a area designated as Murlough Bay, prob just on the coast I'm guessing but theres Dundrum Bay.

Unless theres another Murlough up the North coast might be aswell stayin somewhere just outside of Belfast as may have to go around/through it & it sorta in the middle.

.....yay i just read that it was this weekend and its Monday now :rolleyes: go me *facepalm* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 merchant of ennis

I am not aware of a Murlough in Co Down but there is definitely a Murlough in North Antrim - near the Caauseway and Ballycastle. Roger Casement's remains were re-interred there a few years back.

Advertisement