Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Studies

• 24-08-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I want to study it on my own at home, get the course done between now and February...
    What book does anyone suggest I use?
    Is there a revision book like Less Stress available for classical studies at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I want to study it on my own at home, get the course done between now and February...
    What book does anyone suggest I use?
    Is there a revision book like Less Stress available for classical studies at all?

i know its a bit late but still. There is a book called A guide to classical studies by enda nash.
    it covers 3 out of 4 topics , but it tell you to study art and architecture by Mortimer Wheeler for the forth

check out the classical association of Ireland -teacher(http://www.caiteachers.com/) , they have a few notes which may help.
    They classical studies marking scheem will tell you where you have went wrong on exam paper www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&formAction=subject (the classical studies marking scheme for the junior cert was a absolute joke (it only said what mark are for each question .))

i'm in fifth year and im going to do it for the leaving espically over the summer and mid terms , only really starting now . and im wtiting up notes as i go along .

Are you in 5th or 6th year?
    6th year it might be to late , it not a short course as the book dosent cover it all and you will need to gather information yourself from a wide variety of sources across the net.
    it should be looked at as a easy one
    it's not difficult if you have an interest in it.

as for less stress more success :L , like only a few 100 people do it, they would lose money on it ..
    Make sure you talk to your guidelines councilor in you school and dean so they know that you have studied the course any you want to take the exam .
    It pointless just walking in to the school and demanding a classics paper ,

Good luck.
    Barry

Advertisement