Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDNS with UPC Thomson router

• 24-08-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

I have 50Mb broadband with UPC so I have the Thomson router. The problem I have is that I am am using my own router which is set up with a static IP on the Thomson and added to the DMZ.
    I use MyNZB on my phone to connect to my usenet client (sabnzbd) over 3G. To do this I have set up an address on www.dyndns.org, however the wake on LAN will not work on 3G so I can never connect. The WOL port is forwarded to my PC on my own router, but I am not sure how to get this working via the Thomson.
    Is there anything I can do to get this working? I'd rather not do away with my own router as it gives me no trouble and the wireless range and stability is really good.

Apologies for rambling and I'm not even sure if this should be in the broadband forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gezahs

Hi there!

Maybe a dyn dns updater client could help you: http://www.kanasolution.com/

I have a very similar problem while trying to set up a gameserver. It seems that i have the same router model from upc.

Advertisement