Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it a bargain- mini car service for €39

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If they use the correct oil and filter then yes, I wonder is there an extra charge for larger cars.They'll probably try to upsell you a few things though aswell,air filter will have to be done aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Windmill guys are grand, been using them on and off for years, never had a problem with them.

Considering the mini service is normally 99euro. I see it as a decent deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh man, they'll regret this. heart is going to be broken with customers, for about €20. These group sites are evil!

zuroph wrote: »
    oh man, they'll regret this. heart is going to be broken with customers, for about €20. These group sites are evil!

why?they'll probably make a nice bit of cash out of it and probably a few new customers aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

why?they'll probably make a nice bit of cash out of it and probably a few new customers aswell
    It Will make them under €20 per customer before costs like materials and supplies, blocks up timeslots, and the repeat business is nowhere near what these companies suggest it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

117 were sold!
    He will have to hire out more space and get more staff!

It Will make them under €20 per customer before costs like materials and supplies, blocks up timeslots, and the repeat business is nowhere near what these companies suggest it is.
    Business is business imo,they'll upspell

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've bought it. Easier then me changing my oil in the driveway. I'll let ye know when I've it done. I also went for the "back to school" check with advance pitstop for 12. Will rotate the tyres and maybe tell me if I need a bearing fixed. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Thanks MarkR, please share. Also it would be nice if they upgrade to full service with some 50-60 euro more ....

aspasp1

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Thanks MarkR, please share. Also it would be nice if they upgrade to full service with some 50-60 euro more ....

aspasp1

Yea thats what I'm planning to askin the next few weeks.

My flatmate rang up to book in for the mini service and the lads are flat out at the moment with people and the vouchers, for the next 2 weeks anyway

• Advertisement

aspasp1 wrote: »

aspasp1
    slinky2000 wrote: »
    Yea thats what I'm planning to askin the next few weeks.

My flatmate rang up to book in for the mini service and the lads are flat out at the moment with people and the vouchers, for the next 2 weeks anyway

What would ye expect done for a further 50-60 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

what do people think of the car service that advance pitstop are offering.35 euro deal instead of the normal price of 75 euro.just saw it on dealpage.ie. is it worth it.never been a big fan of them before,always thought they were too pricey but might not be a bad deal for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

what do people think of the car service that advance pitstop are offering.35 euro deal instead of the normal price of 75 euro.just saw it on dealpage.ie. is it worth it.never been a big fan of them before,always thought they were too pricey but might not be a bad deal for that price

TBH I wouldn't go near them, they are robbing bástards! They'll defo upsell on that price anyway and have you replace almost everything on the car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just looking at the service invoice for my car and the oil alone cost €61. I know the price of oil varies from car to car depending on the grade, etc but at €39 these guys cannot be making much profit.

As for advanced, it would be interesting to see if someone actually came out of there without them recommending you need something else that they just happen to sell. Alot of these low offers can be just to get you in the door and then you get told your car needs x, y and z also.

I'll be in on Saturday morning for the back to school one. Hope they don't tell me my flux capacitor needs changing again. Only got it done 10k miles ago. Cost me a fortune.

:pac:

Suffice to say, I am about as angry as I've ever been. Just noticed something on my car when I went to open the passenger rear door. :mad:

Rear light cluster smashed, trim loose, big scrapes. Manager was only after saying how fresh my car was. I'd asked them to rotate the tyres as I'd asked at the start, and it wasn't like that when I took it in for the second time. I'd done a once over the first time.

Unfortunately, they were closed when I noticed. They'll be hearing from me.

As I haven't identified which one it was, I hope this is ok.

Ring them and explain mate, their a sound bunch of lads, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you if it was their fault!

I usually deal with the man Dave in there, never had a problem with them!
    MarkR wrote: »
    Suffice to say, I am about as angry as I've ever been. Just noticed something on my car when I went to open the passenger rear door. :mad:

Rear light cluster smashed, trim loose, big scrapes. Manager was only after saying how fresh my car was. I'd asked them to rotate the tyres as I'd asked at the start, and it wasn't like that when I took it in for the second time. I'd done a once over the first time.

Unfortunately, they were closed when I noticed. They'll be hearing from me.

As I haven't identified which one it was, I hope this is ok.

Yeah, I found out at the precise time that there were closed, so made it worse I suppose. However sound they are, one of them isn't! You don't get a tip like that and not notice.

MarkR wrote: »
    Yeah, I found out at the precise time that there were closed, so made it worse I suppose. However sound they are, one of them isn't! You don't get a tip like that and not notice.

They found it on cctv and are sorting it.

Advertisement