Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW RESEED and WEEDS

• 24-08-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Did a reseed job and grass looks grand. Managed the turn around in 57 days !!!!!!!!!!! Sprayed before and after as recommended but I still have a few nice big docks ???? What did I do wrong ? Should I spray again ? What product ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

zetorman wrote: »
    Did a reseed job and grass looks grand. Managed the turn around in 57 days !!!!!!!!!!! Sprayed before and after as recommended but I still have a few nice big docks ???? What did I do wrong ? Should I spray again ? What product ?

The dock seed is probably in the ground or else it could have been in slurry (if you put some out?).

I never spray after a reseed. There are often a few weeds in the early growth, but i normally let the sheep eat it and what usually comes up is nice grass. ie. as the grass comes up thisker, it usually smothers the weeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Knapsack and glyphosphate! Dead docks, no set back to new grass.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

id say if you have sprayed once you may be as well leave it a while, too much spray wil only destroy the clover maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

could you spot spray the docks with grazon90... bit of work with the knapsack but it will be worth it if you prevent them from going to seed.

did you plough or min till
    we disced for a reseed last year. i feel now that the plough is still a good job as it buries weed seeds.
    direct drilling is also a good option but maybe be prepared to spray twice. you've saved on diseal so dont be too upset if you have to spend a bit of the saving on chemical and a pass of the sprayer

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Miller80

have 4 acres ploughed, anyone recommend varities of grass seed to use.this land will be used solely for grazing and usually have 1st grazing in feb/march.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭zetorman

Ploughed it myself with a MF 35 and 2 furrow plough. Used discs then followed by land leveller. rolled first and then spread seed with the vicon. Turned out grand. Few small clods turned over by crows but looks well now. grazed for 24 hours with cows. Perfect except for those few docks ???????????????

Advertisement