Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small pond and waterfall

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

hi here are a few photos of a pond and waterfall i helped to build in america 2 weeks ago:Dponddigger:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Small !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job. Any night time pictures to see how your light looks?

Are there any planting plans for the future?

hi dfbemt .the pond is 15 ft by 12ft with a 2 ft wide waterfall flowing into the pond .peter my buddie will go back and planted it up,also put in fish,this pond took the2 of us 2 days to build using the american system:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

you seem to have a good flow of water from your waterfall, what are the specs of the pump you are using and is it heavy on electricity?
    would love a pond with a bit of a waterfall in the garden, and allways wondered on the running cost of the pump and how long they would last:confused:

hi sp.the pump i use on a pond of this size is an aquamax eco 8000 with power consumplion of 80 watts .it would cost you less than 50 cents to run for 24 hours.they last 4 or 5 years.to get the waterfall to flow like this you use a 1 half in plastic pipe,with a up flow waterfall box ,see photo:Dponddigger:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 the spout

hi ponddigger,nice pond,thinking of building one myself.what is the idea of upflow filter.lots of more questions. jim

hi jim again.this is where i am going to build the pond and waterfall.see photo.as you see an old leaking pond with no waterfall.big job ahead of me .looking foward to it .jim

hi bill.i use a upflow waterfall box to make a even flow of water out of the box,also i put course mats into the water box to filter the water in the pond,also it is easiry to hide the plastic box with rocks and gravel,in the photos i made a diy waterfall box out of a cattle water trough:Dponddigger:D

hi bill,best of luck with your pond build,if i can be of any help let me know:Dponddigger:D

hi ponddigger.thanks,i live near co tipp.i will pm you.bil

• Advertisement

hi we went to tipp this morning to visit ponddigger.saw some lovely pond and waterfall.got great advice of him,and got a few bits and pieces for our pond.starting our pond wenesday pg.i will post photos of our progess.thanks again ponddigger for a lovely morning. bill. ps here are a few photos of ponddiggers pond

hi all,started pond cons today,mini digger cleaned out the old pond full of concrete in about 1 hour,came out very easy,then we put in the underlay,then we put in the rubber liner,then we attached the skimmer box to the liner,we also ran a 1 and half in plastic pipe from skimmer box to where we will build the waterfall bill

hi ,we put in the rocks and 1in round stones in the pond,we also connected the pump to the 1 and half plastic pipe, the pump is housed ensided the skimmer box, bill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ponddigger......your work is fantastic.

I love reading and looking at the pics you post.

Fair balls to you too.Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

the spout wrote: »
    hi ,we put in the rocks and 1in round stones in the pond,we also connected the pump to the 1 and half plastic pipe, the pump is housed ensided the skimmer box, bill

jesus bill you seem to be making fast progress:eek:
    lawn dosn't seem any worse the wear with all this extra work going on.:D

hi sponge bob.thanks for comments about how quick we are building,we are using a couple of sheets of old plywood to keep the place nice and tidy.tommorow we are going to build the waterfall pg bill

hi ,we built the waterfall to day,we used waterfall foam to seal the stones so the water will run over the stones:Dbill

hi ,we built the waterfall to day,we used waterfall foam to seal the stones so the water will run over the stones:Dbill

Class.:)

Can I ask how you folks are powering your pumps?

Are you just plugging into an outdoor plug socket or have you installed an outdoor junction box and then cut the plug on the pump off and hard wire to the junction box??

Im in the process of wiring an outdoor JB with 4 core 2.5 SWA with a 20amp RCBO at the fuseboard end.

hi paddy147,i am using a out side socket at the moment,pump pluged into it .my friend who is a spark will wire it propely in a few weeks time bill

• Advertisement

hi paddy147,i am using a out side socket at the moment,pump pluged into it .my friend who is a spark will wire it propely in a few weeks time bill

Can I ask you what sort of money is it costing you to build it yourself?

My girlfriend is designing and going to build a small pond and waterfall feature in my back garden,so Im curious to know about the cost of the materials involved in doing it yourself.

Thanks.:)

hi, finishd the waterfall to day.finished the stonework around the edge of pond,so the pond and waterfall is up and running.the oh lovels it .thanks to my helper mal.bill

hi paddy 147,it cost me about 800 e for materials for the pond and stream,i had allthe rocks left over from a other job,the pond is about 12 ft 9ft by 2 ft deep.the pump and liner were the derest part about 500e,bill

hi paddy 147,it cost me about 800 e for materials for the pond and stream,i had allthe rocks left over from a other job,the pond is about 12 ft 9ft by 2 ft deep.the pump and liner were the derest part about 500e,bill

Jeez,thats for nothing,when you look at the finished product and how well it looks..

Fair play to you.:)

hi paddy, 147 if you and your girlfriend build a pond, please post some photos of the pond cons,best of luck with your project bill

Advertisement