Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2010

• 24-08-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Guys, can anyone shed any light on probleam am having with Football Manager 2010. Have been playing it for last few months no probleam. At weekend bought new laptop, so went to install it, and appeared to work, but when I went back to a saved game following day it wasn't recognising it, I forget what the error message was, anyway went and re-installed it and appeared to install fine, but when tryed to play again after saving, same issue as before. So went and try to re-install again, but now nothing is happening. Have also try to install 2007 version, and that promps me to install but nothing happens, am thinking its something with laptop and not the actually game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is the save file an old file or a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Is the save file an old file or a new one?

What do you mean by that? :confused:

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? :confused:

Is it a file you transferred over from your old laptop/computer or a new one commenced on your new one?

No its from new. Last night I went and copied FM from my computer and it appeared to install but would not load.

Hmmmmm, tis a pickle you've got there... find out what the error message is and I'll try and help.

In the meantime, save all the files you want to keep i.e. game saves, databases, custom files etc onto a usb and delete absolutely everything that has to do with FM2010. The files in your 'documents' as well as the in your C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 (delete this folder) - can keep the S.I folder

Do a complete reboot of the game. Then when you reinstall, cancel out of the game, update it to the latest version as found here, copy over one of your saves into the FM2010 folder in your 'documents' and see if it loads from there.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, tis a pickle you've got there... find out what the error message is and I'll try and help.

In the meantime, save all the files you want to keep i.e. game saves, databases, custom files etc onto a usb and delete absolutely everything that has to do with FM2010. The files in your 'documents' as well as the in your C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 (delete this folder) - can keep the S.I folder

Do a complete reboot of the game. Then when you reinstall, cancel out of the game, update it to the latest version as found here, copy over one of your saves into the FM2010 folder in your 'documents' and see if it loads from there.

Thanks for your help, but missus without telling me went and downloaded 2011 FM from some Chinese website!!. Appears to be working fine.

Advertisement