Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my two cents on whats going on at the moment...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Well he is the chairman of the board and the buck stops with him. His judgement has always been suspect and he's got several big decisions wrong.
    eg Lasanagate Caved in and played the game after pressure from the PL and then tried to get a replay once we'd lost
    Handling of Carrick and Berbs departures.
    Handling of Jols sacking.
    His buy at Aldi prices and sell at Harrods policy has seen us landed with the likes of Rasiek and Fraser Campbell on deadline day. He did land VDV at the death last year but like any gambler he will get lucky sometimes.
    In fairness to the guy I think he has brought us on from we were in 2001 when ENIC took over but he'll never take us to the next level.

Firstly, im not fully behind him, but not against him either :D

When you say the buck stops with him, not in a footballing sense surely, the managers (and commoli) who have picked the players have to take some blame, although i do appreciate he is the money man. For all the poor signings during his time, we also signed some good ones too, ie bale and lennon for example.
    In fairness I dont think we had a chance of getting the game called off, the EPL were always gonna win that one, I personaly think it would of been the same outcome had it been the goons for example.

Yes I agree he fcuked up on Berb and carrick.

Your probably right when saying he wont take us to the next level. But i think 100 odd million to a new manager when harry leaves could be the answer :D, that'll never happen though while he hunts his new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Your probably right when saying he wont take us to the next level. But i think 100 odd million to a new manager when harry leaves could be the answer :D, that'll never happen though while he hunts his new stadium.

That;ll never ever happen under Levy stadium or no stadium ;)

That;ll never ever happen under Levy stadium or no stadium ;)

Do you think he is under orders to a certain degree from the 'main' man though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Do you think he is under orders to a certain degree from the 'main' man though ?

Lewis? I'd assume so! Trust us to get a tight billionaire owner :D;)

Lewis? I'd assume so! Trust us to get a tight billionaire owner :D;)

Yes.
    True, just our luck :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement