Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know whats going on at wellington quay?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Anybody know what's going on here. I just saw 3 fire brigades, 2 police cars and a bridge full of people here.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just wondering the same myself, theres a few police vans around too and the speedboat just went up the liffey there a minute ago. Theres actually 6 fire brigades at this stage, 3 by the halfpenny and 3 by the millenium. Thing someone may have fallen in or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

There's nothing being reported on it yet. Seems strange that there's so many fire brigades and Garda cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Axwell wrote: »
    Just wondering the same myself, theres a few police vans around too and the speedboat just went up the liffey there a minute ago. Theres actually 6 fire brigades at this stage, 3 by the halfpenny and 3 by the millenium. Thing someone may have fallen in or something.

thats usually what it is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Definitely looks like there must be someone or something in the liffey with the speedboat being there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Can have look here http://www.allcladdagh.com/webcam.htm

The camera pans about.

Can see a lot of flashing lights and a boat in the river.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 PriceWatch

Someone just been pulled out into fire brigade rescue boat beside the millennium bridge few minutes ago, been searching for over an hour. Been brought to liffey cruise dock.

Fm104 say 2 people fell in somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Some drunk fell in and half the emergency services scramble to save him. I'm more of a Darwin fan myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just got back from town. Didn't see if he fell or jumped but we watched them searching and they eventually pulled a guy out.

I would say he's definitely dead. Dredged up right from the bottom and they had been searching for an hour.

Left once they found him, didn't need to see a close up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Was in a restaurant by the ha'penny bridge earlier. Saw a guy completely off his head. Almost got himself killed by running into the back of a bus. Then just lay in the middle of the road until 2 guys pulled him off. He started taking off his shirt and yelling random things. He wandered away and 30min later I saw the fire brigade. I would guess it was the same guy, really sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My God :( RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

RIP. I was hoping it wasn't something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0825/dublin.html

Hard night for emergency services with 2 people going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

RIP to the poor unfortunate.

Advertisement