Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

August 25, Stage 6: Úbeda - Córdoba 185.7km

• 24-08-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭

Úbeda - Córdoba

The heat of the interior

The sprinters should be back in business today, although the one climb on the route is sure to complicate things for them. The Vuelta visits the start town of Úbeda for the first time ever before heading west towards Córdoba across rolling sun-bleached plains. The riders will get a first view of the finish when they pass through it before heading out and over the San Jerónimo climb, where Rabobank’s Lars Boom made a stage-winning move in the 2009 race. The bunch should then come back together, if only because the sprinters know few opportunities lie ahead.

mapa6.jpg

6_perfil.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭John.Icy

You have to love a Vuelta "plain" stage.

Sprinters will only get there chance I feel if the second cat.2 climb isn't rode very quick. Still see several sprinters spat out the back, maybe getting back on the descent...so a tricky day for sprinters.

I was looking at other profiles for the remainder of the race, and by god, the route is ridiculously tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

cycling news

edit

you mean cycling news got it wrong !

didnt look at the maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

I think you've posted yesterday's map, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

roche looking good just behind the leopard trek's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

There were a few minutes today when the breakaway had a gap of 6h 41' 50" according to http://www.lavuelta.com/11/en/online/pelidin.html :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

great riding by liquigas on the descent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Brilliant by Liquigas but it was a lot of effort for Nibali to end up with no time bonus. Also they've shown their hand as far as the whole team breaking away on the decent. Don't know if they'll be let do that again. Not that anyone can stop Nibali though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Looking at GC post this stage, the time anomaly for Martin persists from yesterday. Any theories on this? It seems odd that it hasn't been sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I really don't know!! I'm hoping that someone more experienced with these things will come and explain it! Anyone???? Please???

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

just saw that matti breschel crashed in the neutralised zone at the start! what a bummer. they're saying he's doubtful for the worlds now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looking at the Dan Martin GC thing-

After stage four Dan was at 1:06 behind Chavanel. Dan lost 29 seconds on stage 5. Chavanel lost 31. 2 second gain by Martin on the red jersey. Chavanel still leads, but Dan should have close the gap on him to 1:04, your GC position is in realtion to the red jersey, not the stage winner. Dan lost 6 seconds to the red jersey today, GC time should read 1:10 for Martin. Unless my math is wrong, Vuelta have messed up Martins time....

Maybe someone else could throw in their two-pence, I don't see how Dan ended up only 3 seconds ahead of Nico...since Dan was over a minute up after stage 4, and Nico has only re-gained 21 seconds of that since, on stage 5.

So yeah, Poor Dan is on the wrong end of a time malfunction, hope it's sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

Martin was given a 20 second time penalty for pacing behind a team car in stage 5. His team are appealing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Martin was given a 20 second time penalty for pacing behind a team car in stage 5. His team are appealing it.

finding it hard to get much info on the veulta, where did you find the above ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

40 second time penalty actually.. Pretty harsh with him coming back from a toilet break

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9537/Dan-Martin-disappointed-with-time-penalty-wants-to-appeal-decision.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Oops nevermind!

Advertisement