Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card help

Options
  • 24-08-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I've been looking at getting Deus Ex off of Steam but I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to play it. The requirement is NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) and my laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce 310M. It plays every other game I've played like Portal 2 etc. but not sure if it will play Deus Ex and don't want to waste 45 quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mags1962 wrote: »
    I've been looking at getting Deus Ex off of Steam but I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to play it. The requirement is NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) and my laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce 310M. It plays every other game I've played like Portal 2 etc. but not sure if it will play Deus Ex and don't want to waste 45 quid.
    Technologically, the 310M is fine. And frankly it should be more powerful than the 6800GT but I couldn't be 100% sure as it's right at the bottom of the product line in the 10-spot.

310 is newer. Nvidia went to a 3-digit line series when they maxed out their 4-digit line series (eg. 9800 GTX).

Advertisement