Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD accommodation

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help, i have no idea if Ill get a place in the UCD halls.....
    I accepted my place in my course in UCD the morning of the 22nd (the monday that they first gave out the offers)

UCD say......
    "The CAO will notify UCD of your acceptance and two days after you have accepted your offer UCD will email you to offer you a room DEPENDENT on your place on the waiting list- i.e. If you accept your offer before 17.00 on the 22nd Aug 2011 dependent on your place on the waiting list you will be offered a room from 16.00 on the 24th Aug 2011."

But i have no idea where I am on the waiting list and can't figure out how to cheak and i can't remember exactly when I applied (a few months ago i think )

so my question is this
    1) can i cheak where i am on the waiting list ?? and
    2) is it normal for them to take more than 2 days to offer a place in the halls and how long can it be expected to wait if i'm low down on the waiting list ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Help, i have no idea if Ill get a place in the UCD halls.....
    I accepted my place in my course in UCD the morning of the 22nd (the monday that they first gave out the offers)

UCD say......
    "The CAO will notify UCD of your acceptance and two days after you have accepted your offer UCD will email you to offer you a room DEPENDENT on your place on the waiting list- i.e. If you accept your offer before 17.00 on the 22nd Aug 2011 dependent on your place on the waiting list you will be offered a room from 16.00 on the 24th Aug 2011."

But i have no idea where I am on the waiting list and can't figure out how to cheak and i can't remember exactly when I applied (a few months ago i think )

so my question is this
    1) can i cheak where i am on the waiting list ?? and
    2) is it normal for them to take more than 2 days to offer a place in the halls and how long can it be expected to wait if i'm low down on the waiting list ??

You've probably figured this out already but go to https://sisweb.ucd.ie/ log in with your CAO number as username and your DOB as password (DDMMYY). Go to Student Services, then UCD Residences, then Complete Your Booking. It will tell you where you are on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Hi- Just put myself on UCD accommodation waiting list, and I'm in the region of 1400 to get a place. Anyone know offhand what my chances of getting on campus accommodation are off hand? Thanks. :)

Hi- Just put myself on UCD accommodation waiting list, and I'm in the region of 1400 to get a place. Anyone know offhand what my chances of getting on campus accommodation are off hand? Thanks. :)

Is this the list for incoming first years? :( Christ that's a big number... UCD's system is a joke, priority should be given to students depending on where the come from (ie distance from the college), try searching for Dublin accommodation when you're from Donegal :mad:

Anyway that's a little off point... As far as I know they reserve 750ish places for first years on campus. Now bear in mind, even though you're far down the list, a lot of people won't get into UCD/won't go/will take other accommodation, so just hang in there. You should get a place if you're doing the early booking!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Is this the list for incoming first years? :( Christ that's a big number... UCD's system is a joke, priority should be given to students depending on where the come from (ie distance from the college), try searching for Dublin accommodation when you're from Donegal :mad:

Anyway that's a little off point... As far as I know they reserve 750ish places for first years on campus. Now bear in mind, even though you're far down the list, a lot of people won't get into UCD/won't go/will take other accommodation, so just hang in there. You should get a place if you're doing the early booking!

Yeah, it sucks, I'm from Limerick, even with the motorway it's 3 hours to UCD.
    I saw a thread saying that if you're under number 3,000 on the waiting list, you've a fairly good shot, so I'm hoping that's true... I'm also hoping a proportion of the list are Dubliners who later decide it'd be easier/ cheaper to stay at home! xD Sure, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can get an apartment that's near enough campus, though it'd be extortionate... :/
    Thanks for your reply btw. :)

Yeah, it sucks, I'm from Limerick, even with the motorway it's 3 hours to UCD.
    I saw a thread saying that if you're under number 3,000 on the waiting list, you've a fairly good shot, so I'm hoping that's true... I'm also hoping a proportion of the list are Dubliners who later decide it'd be easier/ cheaper to stay at home! xD Sure, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can get an apartment that's near enough campus, though it'd be extortionate... :/
    Thanks for your reply btw. :)

Travelling from my house in Donegal to my house in Dublin, it was 5 hours :eek:. Any Dub that takes up space on Campus when they could be living at home or could easily get other accommodation is on my list of sworn enemies! Anyway, yes I'd keep a look out for alternative just in case. Try and be beside/near a direct bus route or walking distance to the college. Most of all though, definitely try and live with other students! Even if you don't know them, set up a thread or something on this (at the end of the summer perhaps) and try and get first years to share with. I spent first year renting a room in a woman's house. It was beyond crap! Made no student friends :( (yeah poor me :rolleyes:).
    Alright, rant over. Good luck in your exams!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You should be fine. I know people who were that far down last year and got accomodation offered in the first few days of it. Heck some people near the end of the 2000s will get places eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I'm number 1694 on the list, applied for accommodation a minute ago, completely forgot about it until I saw this thread. I hope that list isn't the list for first years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

yep i think it is.

Im 709 on priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

Last year (when I was going into 1st Year) I was in in the late 1000's and still got offered a place on campus. Fingers crossed you will be grand! :)

After the CAO offers have been given out, your number on the waiting list will go down. There are people who put their name on the waiting list for UCD, but either don't end up going to UCD, or else change their mind about living on campus.

After the CAO offers come out, you can check your place on the waiting list, using UCD SIS Web. Offers are emailed to your UCD email account (this will be set up for you after you accept your CAO offer for UCD). Residences email people (working from the top of the list down) each day at around 4pm and give them 24 hours to book accomodation. So it's essential to be checking your email around this time!

Hope this helps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

I put myself of the UCD accommodation waiting list but now can't remember my number of place in li e so I went on my email to find my number but can't find a confirmation email, is this normal or should I have got one? I'm a bit worried now that my application didn't go through :/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement