Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first year!

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Heya,,Im an incoming first year going to study applied social studies in social care:)Im going on my own and dont know anybody going or anything:S im pretty lost:S just wondering is there anybody in the same boat as me..?? Neecy xox <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

Lots and lots of people are in the same boat as you. I was lucky enough when I started in AIT 3 years ago I already had a couple of mates (well housemates) from a previous PLC course.

It's more daunting for some people compared to others but honestly, once you're sound and easy to talk to, you'll be making new mates right from the word go on your induction day. Even if it does seem a bit awkward at first, just strike up some kind of conversation with other people there who are starting the same course. Within a few weeks everyone will have probably grouped together in different groups and be hanging around all the time. There'll be a clubs & socieities day, you could pop along to that too and meet other people there from outside of your course. Best of luck with your course and with college life in general, make the most of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

as bo said you have nothing to be worried about. you will have made friends before the 1st day is over.i'm starting also, but i was there before, and i know people in there.
    there will be lots and lots of people thinking just like you, you're gonna have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

I know 5 or 6 people going into that same course and they are all sound, lovely people. The first day or two will always be daunting, but you'll fly it after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 yvonnel21

Im the same going into first year, and theres hardly any people i know going. Just tryin to find accomadtion and stuff now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neecyxox

Awh thanks people..that means a lot :) Im more postiive now than i was:P
    yvonne are you on facebook ?:)xxx <3 neecy

• Advertisement

Pm'd :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Neecyxox wrote: »
    Awh thanks people..that means a lot :) Im more postiive now than i was:P
    yvonne are you on facebook ?:)xxx <3 neecy

you made a friend already :D

ino imagine.. Didnt think id be makin friends on boards.ie :P haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

You'll make heaps of friends. Your house mates, classmates and dont forget to join societies thats a good way of making friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Hi everyone in the same boat! I was in a similar situation a few years back, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to make friends :) AIT students are for the most part really friendly (there are always exceptions, but you get that anywhere), and, as IPushButtons said, be sure to make friends with your housemates, classmates and people in clubs and societies.

I didn't study social care, but I have a lot of friends who do/have and know a few of the lecturers. You'll be part of a very close-knit group in no time! :D

Best of luck! ~_~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

I'm just wondering if any one has received there first year registration pack yet, as my two friends have not received there.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Yep they were sent out on the 31st I got mine the next day. Tell them to ring the college as registration is next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Thanks for your reply, I will say it to ring the college, one of them only got offered there place in the 2nd round offers, which I think was the 2nd.

Advertisement