Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Right time to try?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, i am wondering when they say the right time to get pregnant again after having a baby is? I know our bodies need to recover from the last pregnancy and birth etc so how long should i wait before i try for another baby?my son is 9weeks now and although i had a difficult labour, i have been healed up since about 2weeks after the birth and feel great physically and mentally... And i would like him to have a sibling somewhat close in age to himself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

i think its 6 mths ,but if your ready go for it ,just remember all those nappies by 2:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They say it takes your body at least a year to recover.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Midwife told us 2 years is the recommended.. I think "achieve a pregnancy and space a pregnancy" was the mantra she used iirc..

Apart from anything, I think they want to ensure that baby 1 gets all the attention and nurturing it needs in the first couple of years before the parents' attentions are divided..

Having said that, I know lots of people who had "Irish twins" ;) and the kids are happy out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

My GP and PHN both recommended leaving a year between the birth of one and the conception of the next. They said it takes that long for all the muscles and ligaments to knit back together and regains their strength. Maybe if you are very fit and in shape physically you won't suffer from going again quickly. Talk to your GP before you make a final decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks for the advice. Was thinking of trying after christmas, he would be just over 6months then, and i may not get pregnant straight away anyway. Funnily enough i mentioned it to a couple of people that i was already thinking about no.2 and they both said pretty much the same thing- wait untill your little one is teethingm crawling/walking see how hard it is and u will prob decide to wait awhile! Not sure about this, but i guess il find out soon enough. Anyway il be seeing my phn in 2.5 weeks for the 3month check so will discuss it with her then. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement