Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things You Can't Do That Seemingly Everybody Else Can.

• 25-08-2011 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Inspired from the I can't change a plug thread.

I can't change a plug, i wouldn't even know what wires to cut.
    I'm pretty useless at all things DIY
    I can't whistle
    I can't click my fingers
    I can change a tyre but wouldn't be too confident doing it

So AH, what can't you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Burp. I don't think I have ever deliberately burped in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

- I cant whistle too.
    - Although I can tie my shoe laces people say I have a funny way of doing so. Dare I be honest, people have often said "you dont know how to tie your own shoe laces, do you?" :pac: Dont care. My way works fine :pac:

Its kinda funny cause at the same time I can do things other people cant. Esecially when it comes to DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Talk quietly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Talk quietly.

I'll second that, I am desperate at whispering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Im another person who can't whistle. I had an embarrassing experience because of it at a dog obedience class. The instructor kept telling me to whistle to get the dog's attention, so after a few pathetic attempts I had to shamefully admit in front of everyone that I wasn't able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I cant understand why Jack Black keeps getting work. I just cant.

I also cant study. Not at all. I can sit down and do practice tests or something, but if you give me notes and tell me to read them, I just cant. At best I'll read all the words, but take nothing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shotgun_TEXAS

Change a tyre you say?? ' valve tool, sledge hammer, lump of angle iron and two tyre levers' spare wheel is a different matter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Pull a buurd :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Degag wrote: »
    I can't change a plug, i wouldn't even know what wires to cut.

The blue one! NO NO THE GREEN ONE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Sinfonia wrote: »
    The blue one! NO NO THE GREEN ONE!!!

If the red is blocking the pink, pot the brown.

That's not even relevant, don't know why I said that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

not much, yes Im that awesomme :cool:
    oh sit on a beach for hours on end doing nothing 'relaxing' holidays are not for me!

Change a tyre you say?? ' valve tool, sledge hammer, lump of angle iron and two tyre levers' spare wheel is a different matter ;)
    Y'know, changing a tire is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman:
    First, you crank 'er up, then you take off the rubber and screw your nuts off!
    (I honestly just came up with that right now, I'm so impressed with myself! :P )
    Samich wrote: »
    Pull a buurd :pac:

Y'know, pulling a buurd is a lot like making love to a beautif....... nvm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I see what you did there. :eek: :pac:

Saila wrote: »
    not much, yes Im that awesomme :cool:
    oh sit on a beach for hours on end doing nothing 'relaxing' holidays are not for me!

Here's one for ya. Spell Awesome :P I kid

Ew :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

My ma.

:(

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Ew :P

We're talking about snooker, what sort of a sick mind do you have?

We're talking about snooker, what sort of a sick mind do you have?

Well, I was going to make a "playing snooker is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman" joke, but then the images of shit and blood kinda put me off. Sleep tight everyone! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

yawha wrote: »
    My ma.

:(

thank you, you can join the 'I know how to use a meme propperly' club
    Im a member too, welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

LighterGuy wrote: »
    - I cant whistle too.
    - Although I can tie my shoe laces people say I have a funny way of doing so. Dare I be honest, people have often said "you dont know how to tie your own shoe laces, do you?" :pac: Dont care. My way works fine :pac:

Its kinda funny cause at the same time I can do things other people cant. Esecially when it comes to DIY.

I also can't whistle and I also have my own weird unique lace-tying technique. I can't do that live long and prosper hand sign either.

• Advertisement

Saila wrote: »
    thank you, you can join the 'I know how to use a meme propperly' club
    Im a member too, welcome :)

Cool Story Bro. >.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lick my elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Can't whistle or click my fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mapck

I can't quote correctly or as H.G. Wells said
    "Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Can't open bottles with a lighter, can do it with the edge of a table and occasionally get it with the lighter but not anywhere near consistently.

That thing where you flick underneath your mouth and it makes a noise like a tap dripping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Can't swim. Everyone I know is able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Those stupid Magic Eye 3D pictures. Whilst everyone oohs and ahhs at the dolphins or whatever, I'm stuck crosseyed looking at a badly painted picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Last longer than 2 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Make sense and roll my tongue ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

I can't drink until I pass out&I can't go on the lash the day after going on the lash-I am a pathetic excuse for an Irish person.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Plazaman wrote: »
    Those stupid Magic Eye 3D pictures. Whilst everyone oohs and ahhs at the dolphins or whatever, I'm stuck crosseyed looking at a badly painted picture.

Same as this. Also cant see 3D films either... Can you?? Always have to pay the 3D price and sit with the stupid glasses on anyway coz there isnt always a 2 D one one on or my friends are all goin to tge 3 D one. Even though they always insist im not missin much.....

Am i??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Like the Harry Potter books and films.

I can't whistle. I mean, I can whistle enough to make some awful high pitched noise that sounds like a pressure cooker, but that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

bluewolf wrote: »
    I can't whistle. I mean, I can whistle enough to make some awful high pitched noise that sounds like a pressure cooker, but that's it.

I can whistle sucking in but not blowing out. Also can not make any noticeable changes of pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I can't get Post of the Day! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Whistle, very embaressing.

Also, can never for the life of me 'see' parents features in their new born babies. I think they all look the same and end up lying and saying things like 'yeah he defo has his fathers nose alright'. Truth be told, I think he looks like a baby, and thats all I see :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I can't wink! I can close both my eyes at once, or have them both open, but definitely can't just close one eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

I can't stop a sneeze. Everyone seems to be able to do this but when I try it feels like my head is about to explode and I get a hand full of snots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I can't roll my R's

I'm pretty crap at accents. All my accents tend to sound like a South African hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Post a witty response in AH's.

See failed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I cant go for the cure the day after a night on the town, no matter how many people say that the cure is the only thing for a severe hangover, i cant bring myself to let a drop of drink pass my lips....pathetic arent i!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Have never been able to roll my R's, makes me incredibly jealous of those who can, ie: everyone!

qz wrote: »
    Have never been able to roll my R's, makes me incredibly jealous of those who can, ie: everyone!

my singing teacher is trying to get me to do it for some reason, it helps with something or other, but im useless :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i can't light a fire, or top one up. no matter what i do, I end up putting a fire out if i try to top it up. and have never managed to actually light one. i'm cursed!

another odd one - i can only raise my left eyebrow independently. I mean I can do both, or i can do my left, but can't do my right by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

Can't pee at a urinal if there is someone besides me at the next urinal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

- roll my tongue (that rolling r sound)
    - extricate myself from debates
    - make myself sick

I've been able to change a plug since 1st year Home Ec. in secondary school, and I know the whole new wire colour/old wire colour thing from my Dad, but I've NEVER had to change a plug. It's never ever come up, ever. So I've no idea why it's seen as an important life skill. Anyway, if something electronic broke I'd never think to try changing the plug/fuse or anything like that. The plug would have to be falling off for me to ever think to change it, and I'd probably never bother.

I can't spit properly. (It's more polite to swallow anyway)
    I can't rollerblade.
    I can't drive, but even more infuriating for my friends is, I don't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can't float in a swimming pool - i can swim fine, i can float in the sea, but in a pool i just sink unless i move my arms and legs to stay afloat.
    My excuse is i must be big boned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I can't:

change a plug
    score with a boards chick
    manage my money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Watch X Factor

• Advertisement
Advertisement