Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things You Can't Do That Seemingly Everybody Else Can.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Whistle really loudly using my fingers.
    That clicking thing you do to call a dog over.
    Use a skipping rope.
    Get a loan.
    Those Magic Eye pictures.
    Iron a shirt. I always end up getting frustrated and just throwing on a t shirt.
    Tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

later10 wrote: »
    Burp. I don't think I have ever deliberately burped in my life.

I thought it was only me!
    I have no idea how to burp...
    Can fart like a king though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

phill106 wrote: »
    I thought it was only me!
    I have no idea how to burp...
    Can fart like a king though...

swallow air and release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Dive arms and head first into water. Like I'll try but at the last minute I'll lift my head up and smack my chest off the water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Dive arms and head first into water. Like I'll try but at the last minute I'll lift my head up and smack my chest off the water.

lift those legs!!

Roll my "r"'s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Find a man
    Can't cook
    Maybe these two are connected:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

pmcmahon wrote: »
    swallow air and release

tried that, turns out im breathing....

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

The macarena.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The two thing I cant do that i really really wish i could:
    Whistle: I play music and have a few whistley songs in my repetoir and so have to resort to the dread Kazoo.
    Sit cross legged on the ground: I cannot sit on the ground at all. Im 6' 1' and not in the least bendy and love open air concerts. But unless i have something to sit against I have to stand up or lie down flat.

My life is terrible......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

.. afford to go to the pub :-(

The whistling thing... i can whistle normally but the really loud whistle without using yer fingers i cant do anymore, i used to be able to when i was younger..

I can tie my shoe laces but as mentioned above i have my own unique way of doing it.. and sometimes have to hide the fact that i do for fear of "YOU CANT TIE YOUR SHOE LACES" at full volume in the changing rooms.

Another thing i have noticed lately is reading... i only ever make it about 1 paragraph in and fall asleep.. no matter what book, what time of the day or night or what state i am in before i begin reading.. im out cold within minutes!!

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I can't whistle. always felt this has held me back in life,stunting my personal development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Plazaman wrote: »
    Those stupid Magic Eye 3D pictures. Whilst everyone oohs and ahhs at the dolphins or whatever, I'm stuck crosseyed looking at a badly painted picture.

It's a schooner

I never saw these before until I had laser eye surgery. I think if there is a difference in vision between your two eyes (i.e. one is more short-sighted than the other) then the stereo vision thing doesn't work.

You're not missing much anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Add a poll on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Whistle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Fry an egg - I either undercook it or turn it into a hockey puck, I can't get that yellow googliness that everyone else apparently can.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

Dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fry an egg - I either undercook it or turn it into a hockey puck, I can't get that yellow googliness that everyone else apparently can.
    the trick is to have a nice bit of oil in the frying pan, and don't turn the egg.... Just splash the oil over the egg with your spatula, until the film over the yolk goes White.... Perfect!

I can't cartwheel....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Degag wrote: »
    Inspired from the I can't change a plug thread.

I can't change a plug, i wouldn't even know what wires to cut.
    Have you tried? The instructions are right there on the plug.

silly wrote: »
    I can't cartwheel....

Me neither :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I can't Salsa dance. I went for a lesson one time and it was the most embarassing two hours of my life. At the end the instructor told me I was 'uncomfortable in my own body'. Really? No ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I cannot hymn a song i'm pathetic at it.

Me: You know that new song that's on the radio?? It's pretty good.
    Friend: How does it go?
    Me: Well it goes like mmm... mmmm... mmmmmmmmm....
    Friend: :confused:

It's painful watching your friend's face thinking you are having some sort of brain spasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Twitter!

I have an account and find it useful, following soccer gossip and all that jazz, but don't understand the whole reteeting business. Just passes me by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I also can't use Twitter, I just can't fathom it.

And I can't blink, or close my left eye independently of the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

silly wrote: »
    I can't cartwheel....

Arrghh flashbacks! I dropped out of a jujitsu class I really enjoyed because every so often we all had to cartwheel and inevitably people would be laughing as I basically put my hands on the ground, kinda jumped a bit and then stood back up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Buy a HP TouchPad :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Push-ups, even girly ones. :o 20 stone peeps on the Biggest Loser can do them but I barely manage 3!

I wouldn't mind but I could bench press, squat and dead lift pretty impressively yet couldn't do a set of push-ups. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I can't roll my R's

I'm pretty crap at accents. All my accents tend to sound like a South African hippy.
    qz wrote: »
    Have never been able to roll my R's, makes me incredibly jealous of those who can, ie: everyone!
    Meh, you've got all of Louth a good part of Monaghan and Cavan with you on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Can't read or write :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Can't stay under water - it's like I'm full of helium or something!

Can't whistle or do cart wheels either :(

Could never ever, no matter how skinny I was, touch my toes in that exercise bend over and touch yr toes kind of way - it's like my spine just won't let me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Cant touch my nose with my tongue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Cartwheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

I can't wink......

sad but true I've never been able to wink, when I try both eyelids close and I just look like I'm squinting!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

-can't tie a basic knot with rope but I can tie my laces just fine
    -can drive but don't really know or understand a lot about what goes on underneath the bonnet, not sure if I can jump start a car or not
    -find it difficult to write as neatly as some people, when it comes to signing a card my signature stands out, but not in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

I cant fart quietly. If i try to keep it quiet by letting it out slowly, it ends up sounding like a single ear shattering clap of thunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Archeron wrote: »
    I cant fart quietly. If i try to keep it quiet by letting it out slowly, it ends up sounding like a single ear shattering clap of thunder.

Charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I can't sing or play ANY musical instrument. Even though I would love to be able. Thats fine but the wife is a savage singer (represented her school) and has gone through all the Piano exams. Bitch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

py2006 wrote: »
    I can't:

change a plug
    score with a boards chick
    manage my money

I can change plugs and manage the money , mrs Mattjack says I can try and score with a boards chick..but none would have me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Snap/click my fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I can't cook that well - I can cook things like curries and spaghetti bolognese and stuff like that. I can't cook sunday dinner type meals. I can't cook meats like roast beef or ham. I always either undercook or overcook red meats, it's never just okay. I also can't whistle, snap my fingers, swim, sing, and I can't cartwheel or stand on my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Reverse with a trailer and get it where I want first go

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

- Whistle using my fingers
    - Do a handstand or cartwheel
    - Do that hand sign from Star Wars
    - Raise my left eyebrow
    - Pronounce 'drawer'. Apparently, anyways.
    - Match my clothes to the weather. Today I wore flipflops coming back from the holliers. Arrive in Ireland, lahdeedah, expecting maybe 15c, to see it pouring and thundering. Maybe not such a good idea, running through the carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Eriu79

I can't whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

I can't wink.
    I can't whistle.
    I can't click my fingers.
    I can't roll my tongue.
    I can't wiggle my ears.
    I can't write with my right hand.
    I can't change a quilt cover without having a large fight with the covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

- Do that hand sign from Star Wars

You mean Star Trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You mean Star Trek.

Or Mork & Mindy?

Nano-Nano! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

You know that sneering face people make, when they curl up their top lip? I can do that with the left side of my mouth, but when I try with the right side I look like I'm having a stroke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't do a handstand and have never been able to do a cartwheel.
    And after well over 100 driving lessons (that's unfortunatly not an exaggeration) I'm starting to accept that I will never, ever be able to drive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

I can't roll my r's either. I also can't tell left from right (well I kinda can, but it involves a lot of thought, have to hold out my left hand and see that my thumb and index finger make the shape of an L before I know its my left - didn't do me any favours during my driving test)

• Advertisement
Advertisement