Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things You Can't Do That Seemingly Everybody Else Can.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I can't click my fingers.

I cant eat "the proper way" with a fork using my left hand, have to use my right to have any coordination.

I can't see 3d at all. My eyes are wonky. The new 3d movie trend is my new pet hate and I could never do those magic eye thingys either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I can't roll my r's properly. Which made studying Spanish at degree level a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I can't swim :o I trash around like a shark having a fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I can't, no matter how I try, drive into a parking spot.
    I always have to reverse in,no matter how many cars coming behind me- I take the extra few seconds to reverse in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Degag wrote: »
    So AH, what can't you do?

Understand a Dublin Bus timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Whistle.

Pronounce my 'er''s.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Plazaman wrote: »
    Those stupid Magic Eye 3D pictures. Whilst everyone oohs and ahhs at the dolphins or whatever, I'm stuck crosseyed looking at a badly painted picture.

Same here, very annoying as people keep going on then about how amazing they are.

I can't:
    -Click my fingers
    -Whistle properly
    -Play volleyball (I seriously hate the stupid game, whenever I try to hit the ball I end up hitting it straight up in the air and then running away as it comes back down on my head!)
    - Control a remote control car/boat (I can drive a real car but toy cars elude me. Same with video games where you have to drive a car. I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination whatsoever :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

After a mildly embarrassing incident in the main street (no damages or injuries, thankfully), I would like to add "parallel park" to the things I can't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I can't see 3d at all. My eyes are wonky. The new 3d movie trend is my new pet hate and I could never do those magic eye thingys either.

I am the same. I have really bad vision in just my right eye and I'm not able to watch those 3d films either. I think you need equal vision in both eyes to see that 3d crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Loveless wrote: »
    Understand a Dublin Bus timetable.

Have you actually learned how to read yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Sinead O' Connor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Plazaman wrote: »
    Those stupid Magic Eye 3D pictures. Whilst everyone oohs and ahhs at the dolphins or whatever, I'm stuck crosseyed looking at a badly painted picture.

ITS A SCHOONER! *punch*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

move my adams apple without swallowing

turn my eyelids inside out (icky!)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Open my eyes underwater, it's just so damn stingy.
    Can't so "smokey eyes", and I had to stop trying after people thought my OH was beating me up.
    No cartwheels or handstands for me either, also can't hulahoop for more than 3 seconds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

phill106 wrote: »
    tried that, turns out im breathing....

since when do you digest air to breathe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭deisedude

I can't wink and if i try it just looks like i'm having a spaz attack:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't dance. All of my friends want to "go out dancing!" and get so excited at the prospect but the very thought of it makes me wanna hover in a dark corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Take a dump in a public toilet ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Bubble gum.

I can't blow bubbles. It wrecked my head as a kid when everyone else was able to do it. And the instructions people used to give me to help me to do it. It always ended up with the gum flying out onto the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Oh, I also can't be happy during a hangover, and people who can wreck my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Novella wrote: »
    I can't dance. All of my friends want to "go out dancing!" and get so excited at the prospect but the very thought of it makes me wanna hover in a dark corner.
    When girls say go out dancing, does it not just mean necking their bodyweight in alcopops, rotating their bum for a bit, then lying on the floor of a nightclub with their legs flailing about in the air, their dress up around the naval area, then trotting off to the nearest chip shop for a greasy kebab?

That's been my experience of Irish girls going 'out dancing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Sleep at normal respectable times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Keep my home clean.

Someone once asked why there was sand in my room. There wasn't...it was a few months accumulation of dust.

I don't bother the dust, and it doesn't bother me. If I clean it, I end up sneezing and all blocked up for days.

Oh, and I also can't cook in a frying pan. Everything I put in there comes out overcooked or undercooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Keep my home clean.

Someone once asked why there was sand in my room. There wasn't...it was a few months accumulation of dust.

I don't bother the dust, and it doesn't bother me. If I clean it, I end up sneezing and all blocked up for days.

Oh, and I also can't cook in a frying pan. Everything I put in there comes out overcooked or undercooked.

I am the same with the frypan... :D Take that one off the list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I can't ski - at all. While everyone is always able to move on to the intermediate slopes after a few days, I am still stuck on the beginners slope.

I took to ice skating really easily though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Power walk! I just look wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Understand text speak

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I can'y yoyo...and every Christmas I'd always get the cracker with the damn yoyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Power walk! I just look wrong.

Everyone that powerwalks looks wrong.

I can't reverse out of parking spaces, or drive straight into them. I can only reverse into them and drive out of them. It seems to be the opposite with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I cant
      Blow bubbles with chewing gum put petrol in the car knit shop in marks and sparks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Much talk of whistling on here. It's a useless endeavour; usually a tuneless expelling of air by most and I can't reason why anyone does it. I generally find it's employed by people, generally in a queue, and use it passively aggressively to let everyone 'know they're there' seething behind you. Probably reading too much into it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Pull a girl through the medium of dance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

I can't bend my thumb across my hand. Dunno why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Pull a girl through the medium of dance....

Would your attempt not warrant at least a phone number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I cant put petrol in the car

Why not?? You mean you can't stop at the right amount or you cant park close enough to the pump or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Why not?? You mean you can't stop at the right amount or you cant park close enough to the pump or what?

Maybe he/she can't aim it in the hole and sprays it over the bumper instead. Sort of like the Airplane 'drinking problem' with petrol.

Click my fingers.
    Whistle.
    Tell left from right.
    Climb down a ladder. Up, no problem, back down, serious danger issues.

Oh, and, dance, or clap in time. No sense of rhythm at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I can't bend my left foot inwards because I landed on it awkwardly when I was a kid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I can't shuffle playing cards. Not even basic shuffling. They just seem to get caught in my fingers and stick together or else fall all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I can't tie a tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

moonflower wrote: »
    Can't whistle or click my fingers.

Same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I can't love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

How did you people get the computer turned on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I can't like GAA. I just hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Skip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Resist your mam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I can't spell the word "Armageddon" :o

I guess it's not the end of the world though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I can't say Donal and I can't be friends with people who like rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mcarrol2

I can't tell one Amsterdam canal bridge from another... I got severely lost...

Advertisement