Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newpark BAJP Programme

Options
  • 25-08-2011 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I've searched for this but most threads seem to be a few years old.

Is anybody starting there this year? I've seen on their website that they are accepting late enrollment for this years course. Up until now I had been considering studying alone for the next year and getting my Grade 8 in classical guitar and then starting college in sept 2012. But seeing as they are taking late enrollments i'm giving it some thought for this year.

I had only heard about this degree from a friend last week and up until that I was thinking of trying for a music degree in Trinity for sept 2012. The Trinity one seems like it is mostly theory while Newpark is heavily practical.

I know that a degree from Trinity would be recognized by universities around the world (I'm just back from Canada and hoping to go back in the future). The Newpark degree is a HETAC one. I did a FETAC a few years ago and it seemed a bit mickey mouse. Is HETAC like an acredited degree which I could use for towards say a university in Canada?

Any advice on any of this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Newpark

HETAC grants qualifications for most of the Institutes of Technology in Ireland, as well as private colleges such as Griffith College and National College of Ireland - qualifications granted by HETAC are recognised internationally. The Bachelor of Arts in Jazz Performance is a Level 8 Honours Degree, which is the highest level of undergraduate degree attainable under the National Framework of Qualifications.

If you have any questions or concerns relating to the course, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email. I will send you a PM with my contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

Newpark wrote: »
    HETAC grants qualifications for most of the Institutes of Technology in Ireland, as well as private colleges such as Griffith College and National College of Ireland - qualifications granted by HETAC are recognised internationally. The Bachelor of Arts in Jazz Performance is a Level 8 Honours Degree, which is the highest level of undergraduate degree attainable under the National Framework of Qualifications.

If you have any questions or concerns relating to the course, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email. I will send you a PM with my contact details.

Hey thanks. I sent you an email.

Advertisement