Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Course Lecture - what you think?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Who else went to the lecture today? No idea how I got on. I can guess how they will evaluate people but whether I am chosen is yet to be seen. It's been a long time since I've wrote 5 lines let alone 4 pages, my hand was killing me! What were your thoughts on the whole thing? I remember all of that stuff from school but wouldn't have a clue what the formulas are anymore, or the answer to all the questions the good Doc asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Who else went to the lecture today? No idea how I got on. I can guess how they will evaluate people but whether I am chosen is yet to be seen. It's been a long time since I've wrote 5 lines let alone 4 pages, my hand was killing me! What were your thoughts on the whole thing? I remember all of that stuff from school but wouldn't have a clue what the formulas are anymore, or the answer to all the questions the good Doc asked.

was this lecture for the science engineering side? I was late sending in application only on Tuesday for arts side. hope I'm not too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Yes it was for science, the lecture was based on just physics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

I was at the physics lecture on wed night 2!I haven a clue how i got on either and i found it quite hard to put physics in essay form.to be honest I didnt come out of it very confident.I wonder when we find out as I think de course starts around the 19th of sept!!Have u any idea how many places there even are?there was a good few ppl at the lecture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I was also there. Found it a bit rough writing the essay. Haven't written one in eight years. I can see them going easy enough on people. Also having not done physics since junior cert, I would have preferred the lecture to be on anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Got a phone call earlier, was asked to come in on Monday for an interview and a Maths test. I'm happy to have gotten an interview but like yourselves have said - long time since doing any acadamia.. So I'm going to bury my head for a few hours tomorrow and Sunday. I actually got my hand on the end of year exams for last years access course physics. I didn't look any of it up for the lecture, I remember all the stuff, but had no notion as to the answers :( I'm not looking forward to this Maths test!

I'd had a feeling of what they wanted to hear and see from the lecture and maybe I was right, I got an interview after all, though maybe I was just lucky. Either way I'll see what I can do come Monday. I'll have to make a seperate post now to see if anyone on here has done this Maths test before.. Maybe I can get some info as to what to expect? Hope you's get a phone call too. Good luck to anyone else still waiting or who has already gotten a call back aswell.

Oh I haven't written an essay in 8 years either :) so keep the head up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement