Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a First Aid Kit in Waterford

• 25-08-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hey

Im looking to buy a first aid kit for my car, i used to always carry one in case of an emergency however between trade in's house moves and new cars i have lost it and would like to replace it so i always have it with me if ever it was needed..

Can anyone tell me where i would find a decent kit with a good selection of content to buy in Waterford?

Cheers
    H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I would assume you could get one in a chemists, or a good one in an outdoor gear shop.

Could have sworn we used to sell them in Homebase but that was a good year ago, and even then I remember them being pretty small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Cheers man, now that you mention homebase im wondering would Halfords have them for cars too..

Thanks man you have unblocked my mental block :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

John Doyle in Riverview supplies them. He's got a First Aid business (Occupational First Aid Training South East) so would have the correct items in the first aid box.

J DIZZLE!

He taught me first aid in transition year. Still have the first aid stuff at home. The man is mental. He used to show us photos of accidents and gore to scare us into doing things properly. This was just one example.

Friend: "Any pictures John?"
    John: "I have one here......"
    *shows us a picture of an overturned tractor with a load of blood coming from underneath it*
    John: "...now...guess where his head is...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Lol what was the name he gave to everyone? Joe bloggs or something was it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I know you said you wanted a place in Waterford to get a Kit, but theres a new company in wexford called "MH First Aid Supplies" that sell first aid kits.
    http://www.mhfirstaidsupplies.com/ (Website is under construction)

A friend of mine has seen their stuff and says the price and quality of stuff is good.

Worth checking out, since wexford is next door they possibly have rep passing by waterford most days and you could see their stuff before buying.

He also has an ebay and facebook page
    http://stores.ebay.ie/MH-Firstaidsupplies
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MH-First-Aid-Supplies/152539184813561?sk=info

Lol what was the name he gave to everyone? Joe bloggs or something was it??
    "Jaysus christ all they are is some joe bloggs or johnny come lately until they fall off a roof and explode on the concrete"

He had a way with words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

They were selling them in Lidl last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Why no just get one in Boots? Am I missing something?

I'm off to start a thread on where to buy milk.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

J DIZZLE!

He taught me first aid in transition year. Still have the first aid stuff at home. The man is mental. He used to show us photos of accidents and gore to scare us into doing things properly. This was just one example.

Friend: "Any pictures John?"
    John: "I have one here......"
    *shows us a picture of an overturned tractor with a load of blood coming from underneath it*
    John: "...now...guess where his head is...."

John "Superman" Doyle as he was affectionately known.

If John hadn't seen it happen to someone, it didn't exist.

I'm convinced he goes around looking for potential hazards and then just waits until something happens so he can spring out (well he wasn't the type to move quickly really). What a man.

• Advertisement

Why no just get one in Boots? Am I missing something?

I'm off to start a thread on where to buy milk.:pac:

Off you go kid!! :rolleyes:

Thanks lads, some great suggestions in here.. I'll pick one up over the weekend and stick it in the boot.. hopefully it wont be needed but i think its a good idea to have in the event that someone needs a bit of help some day :-)

Thanks

H

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

We used to call him Doctor Death, because every week he'd tell us 2 or 3 strange ways people have died. Legend of a man!!

This is something along the lines of what he'd come up with: "Now Joe Bloggs was just out walking his dog in the woods, he bent over to tie his shoelaces, and was eaten by a sheep"

JD: "See all this thick spaghetti covered in bolognese sauce?"
    Me: "...sir...i dont think thats..."
    JD: "Of course its not! That all came out of some guys arm when he caught in the door of the car as it rolled over....aaaand....heres the picture of whats left of his arm..."

OP we're hijacking this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

We used to call him Doctor Death, because every week he'd tell us 2 or 3 strange ways people have died. Legend of a man!!

This is something along the lines of what he'd come up with: "Now Joe Bloggs was just out walking his dog in the woods, he bent over to tie his shoelaces, and was eaten by a sheep"

When I did my occupational first aid courses with him his gory stories frightened the hebejebes out of some of the other women :D

He's very thorough though and that's what you need.

OP we're hijacking this thread!

No Problem at all.. in fact i think i may have done an OFA course with this chap about 4 or 5 years ago.. a lot of these comments are strangely familiar!! haha

H

Advertisement