Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Drogheda Toll Free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Cllr. Ken O Heiligh

If anything, I would have presume not having to sit waiting for change from a physical person would actually make it faster going through.

Well if you visit www.makedroghedatollfree.com and read a few of the comments on your so called efficient automatic cash collection machines maybe you will begin to appreciate the negative effects of the Donore Road TOLL.
    Is there any figures from non-biased sources?
    In you opinion what sources would be non-bias in this regard.
    Have the NRA carried out it's own study? What are the results from that study?
    This is current with DBC input, but don't hold your breath as due to the volume of through traffic it will take considerable time.
    Where has this figure of 30,000 come from?
    NRA figure
    You're going to need to provide a lot more data before we can accept those figures as being credible.
    I agree more data would certainly be welcome. Maybe an easer way would be to simply set up a site to Keep The Toll on Drogheda. and we could compare the results.
    How long do you see this campaign lasting?
    As long as the TOLL is in place .
    What goals have you for this time next year, or two years time? Or five?
    This year I expect to present the petition to the Minister.
    if the TOLLS remain the following year I will organise some public display of opposition to the Donore Road Ramp Tolls.
    How long do you think this goal will take to achieve?
    The long term goal is to insure that when the TOLL comes to an end the government of the day will not consider extending the life of this unjust charge on our Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If you care to check the details on the Council Web site you will notice that there are two email addresses published. The first email address is my personal one and I have no access to Council email]

out of curiosity, why is it listed, then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you care to check the details on the Council Web site you will notice that there are two email addresses published. The first email address is my personal one and I have no access to Council email.

Do I need to point out how bad that is? Why is it listed then? Why do you have no access to your own council email address? You're telling me that on a website designed to let the people of Louth get in contact with their local councillers, one of the emails addresses is never checked and is actually a lie?
    In you opinion what sources would be non-bias in this regard.

Offical NRA sources? Independent sources which are not biased or campaigning one way or the other? Do you really not see how quoting from your own website, a website called "Make Drogheda Toll Free", is completly lacking credibility in this debate?
    I agree more data would certainly be welcome. Maybe an easer way would be to simply set up a site to Keep The Toll on Drogheda. and we could compare the results.

Except such a site (and yes, I get your being snarky but I'm going to presume you're an adult and trying to form a logical reply) would also be biased and the results would be unreliable.

We should be taking results from sources who do not have vested interests in this matter.

And again, I see what you're trying to do there again, trying to put words in my mouth. I do not want to "Keep the Toll on Drogheda", as I've said countless times. I just want you to stop speaking nonsense, and I've no time for politicans who are looking for good publicity with vauge, pr-friendly results...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I agree more data would certainly be welcome. Maybe an easer way would be to simply set up a site to Keep The Toll on Drogheda. and we could compare the results...

Jaysus Ken would you quit being such an eejit?

And, again: there is NO "Toll on Drogeda". There is a toll on one specific stretch of road that people have the choice to use or not to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I am flabbergashed that any intelligent adult would refer to the M1 Toll as a Toll on Drogheda. What utter nonsense. It is quite astounding that a public representative could be so blinded on a topic.

Cllr, you need to get over yourself. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

I am flabbergashed that any intelligent adult would refer to the M1 Toll as a Toll on Drogheda. What utter nonsense. It is quite astounding that a public representative could be so blinded on a topic.

Cllr, you need to get over yourself. :(

Dont feed the trolls Ken!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

You need to learn what a troll is!

I'm sorry but what the heck do you mean by that? If I don't agree with your view does it make me a Troll? I think I'm entitled to find this topic (or rather the short-sighted and extremely narrowminded view of the Cllr) to be beyond credibility, if I want to.:mad:

I thought the implication was the Counciller was the troll :S

He comes on, bumps topics when they are nearly dead, makes wild comments and claims, refuses to back them up....

Perhaps it was a typo that should have read: "Don't feed the Tolls, Ken." ;)

• Advertisement

I attended a meeting recently on Traffic in Drogheda which had representatives from various statutory bodies. The ‘Drogheda Port Route’ was a main topic and how the route restrictions may be increased and how such a route change would have a negative impact on the long term viability of the Port.
    Due to the Drogheda Tolls 60% of HGV’s will travel via Julianstown and 40% must travel through the Donore Road Tolls. This is a restrictions placed on Drogheda Port due to the Tolls.
    We are the only TOLLED Port in the Country and as such the Drogheda Port Company is forced to carrying the extra burden of TOLLS.
    www.makedroghedatollfree.ie

Shucks, Ken. :rolleyes:
    Keep digging this thread up. somebody might pay heed to you some time. In the HGV business fuel costs are the big concern not tolls. The toll road greatly saves on fuel costs and time; so just get used to it. And every heard of the east link toll when approaching Dublin Port?

In the HGV business fuel costs are the big concern not tolls. The toll road greatly saves on fuel costs and time; And every heard of the east link toll when approaching Dublin Port?

Fuel cost are certainly a major cost factor for hauliers but as the Drogheda Port Authority had surveyed the Port Hauliers, they are confirming that the Donore Road TOLLS are crippling the Port and any further route restrictions would make Drogheda Port unviable.
    Since you made a reference to the East Link TOLL can you please confirm which approach road has the limit restriction placed on it and the maximum % volume allowed?

Please sign the petition and help Make Drogheda Toll Free. www.makedroghedatollfree.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Necro.jpg

Fuel cost are certainly a major cost factor for hauliers but as the Drogheda Port Authority had surveyed the Port Hauliers, they are confirming that the Donore Road TOLLS are crippling the Port and any further route restrictions would make Drogheda Port unviable.
    Since you made a reference to the East Link TOLL can you please confirm which approach road has the limit restriction placed on it and the maximum % volume allowed?

Jeez Ken. Are you for real?? Just read what you asked me to provide!!:rolleyes:

What limit restriction? Volumes? Get with the programme mate!!!!

So a Toll that reduces fuel costs considerably are crippling the port!!!!

This thread is long deceased and only a fool is with it in the grave.

I had a feeling it this would be bumped sooner or later. Ken seems to have this habit of being faced with a tonne of questions he can't answer, leaves for three weeks, and then bumps the near dead topic again, ignoring all the comments posted between his last visit and this.

For someone not trying, I think you're doing a magnificent job at trolling, Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I had a feeling it this would be bumped sooner or later. Ken seems to have this habit of being faced with a tonne of questions he can't answer, leaves for three weeks, and then bumps the near dead topic again, ignoring all the comments posted between his last visit and this.

For someone not trying, I think you're doing a magnificent job at trolling, Ken.

a toll troll??????

rpurfield wrote: »
    a toll troll??????

badum.jpg

The Drogheda Port traffic inward and outward south bound has a restricted limited of 60% of vehicles on the R132 Julinstown Route and the remaining 40% are forced through the Donore Road Ramp Toll.
    I stated that Drogheda has the only Toll Port in the Country and ‘Srameen’ made an unsubstantiated statement and is not prepared to back it up.

While the TOLL on Drogheda remains unfortunately this issue will remain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

id say the east link and the port tunnel makes dublin port a tolled port too.alright trucks dont pay in the tunnel but if im heading up to go to holyhead ive to pay to use the tunnel or go down through drumcondra/east wall a bit like coming through julianstown to drogheda

more to the point that needs fixing is the light system at the bull ring, it took me bout 20 minutes to get round coming from mcdonalds to head down the marsh road the other day as the lights are completly out of sync and the trucks heading for the port direction were backing everything up

id say the east link and the port tunnel makes dublin port a tolled port too.alright trucks dont pay in the tunnel but if im heading up to go to holyhead ive to pay to use the tunnel or go down through drumcondra/east wall a bit like coming through julianstown to drogheda

The point I made in an earlier post is that Drogheda Port has a set routes for HGV which requires 40% of all trucks to use the Tolled Donore Road. This 40% has no choice even though an alternative route is available and is much quicker, would save on diesel cost and avoid THE TOLL charge on entering Drogheda.
    I have stated my case that you must pay a TOLL to enter Drogheda and this is just further confirmation of the facts.
    more to the point that needs fixing is the light system at the bull ring, it took me bout 20 minutes to get round coming from mcdonalds to head down the marsh road the other day as the lights are completly out of sync and the trucks heading for the port direction were backing everything up

At a recent Traffic meeting the Bull Ring controlled Junction was discussed. A number of proposals were made to the Engineer Department and the following are just a few that is under review.

·Close John Street exit.
    ·Introduce filter lanes.
    ·Change direction of Traffic on shop Street.

The Port traffic will increase in the coming Months due to an increase in sales and the engineering Department of Drogheda Borough Council are fully briefed so I expect changes to this controlled Junction.

The point I made in an earlier post is that Drogheda Port has a set routes for HGV which requires 40% of all trucks to use the Tolled Donore Road. This 40% has no choice even though an alternative route is available and is much quicker, would save on diesel cost and avoid THE TOLL charge on entering Drogheda.
    I have stated my case that you must pay a TOLL to enter Drogheda and this is just further confirmation of the facts.

1. Can we get a link to where these figures are coming from? I'd like to take a read over such surveys if you can provide the sources.

2. Who sets these set routes? The ones the drivers have to take and is "forcing" them through the toll. Who is it that forces them to take these set routes?
    EDIT: Sorry, is the implication that Drogheda Port is forcing them to take the toll roads? In which case, why? Why is the port saying "Thou must take the toll road!"?

3. Could we go back and address the issue of you having a defunct email address on the council website and answer why this is the case?

Who sets these set routes? The ones the drivers have to take and is "forcing" them through the toll. Who is it that forces them to take these set routes?

The NRA designates the Port Routes.

Could we go back and address the issue of you having a defunct email address on the council website and answer why this is the case?

On the Council Web site there are two email addresses to contact me not one. The first email address is my private email and is in use on a daily bases. I have no explanation as to why the Council email address is not operational but I have requested its removal a number of times. You should also note that my mobile number is advertised and my home address failing all that you can forward mail to Drogheda Borough Council offices and that will also get to me.
    I Look forward to hearing from you.

I love you chose to ignore the part about asking for links to your figures. :P

I love you chose to ignore the part about asking for links to your figures. :P

NRA and Drogheda Port Authority are the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I stated that Drogheda has the only Toll Port in the Country and ‘Srameen’ made an unsubstantiated statement and is not prepared to back it up.

Pot.. Kettle.. Black.

NRA and Drogheda Port Authority are the source.

And a link to these sources?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Pot.. Kettle.. Black.

You may not agree with my answers or the references used, you maybe didn’t understand fully the answers given? But the facts are established that Drogheda is tolled and you are required to pay the TOLL demanded on the main artery route at the Donore Road Ramp Toll.

In typical fashion attack the poster when everything else fails.

• Advertisement

In typical fashion attack the poster when everything else fails.

You've come a long way from telling people to get a life, huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement