Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Announce Tour (Irish dates added)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a bit of a panicky experience on Ticketmaster this morning too but tickets now in the bag :D

Will be third time seeing Kasabian live. First saw them at Slane and they blew me (and Oasis) away and was at the November gig in 09 as well.

They're a criminally underrated band imo; really looking forward to the new album

heard the new album its sensational. on only a few listens i say its there best work yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ricero wrote: »
    heard the new album its sensational. on only a few listens i say its there best work yet

It's been leaked alrite,same as the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

any idea who's the support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

blue-army wrote: »
    any idea who's the support act?

Modern Faces i think, great scottish band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

went on to ticketmaster(that was an experience slow as feck!!!)
    I wanted standing tickets and then i go through the whole rigmarole and then i see that I have a SECTION:stand but my confusion is that it is numbered!
    G10 162 WTF???
    I do not want to be in a stand but want to be in the standing area.
    anyone put my mind at ease plz!
    Boy am I tired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

seanin4711 wrote: »
    went on to ticketmaster(that was an experience slow as feck!!!)
    I wanted standing tickets and then i go through the whole rigmarole and then i see that I have a SECTION:stand but my confusion is that it is numbered!
    G10 162 WTF???
    I do not want to be in a stand but want to be in the standing area.
    anyone put my mind at ease plz!
    Boy am I tired!

I think they number the standing sections anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Got my tickets. Can't wait. They've been absolutely amazing live the last few times I've seen them.

And fair play to them with the ticket price. An absolute bargain. If your thinking of going I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Just got myself a couple of tickets for this gig..Delighted. Had to wait until now to get them as I wasn't sure if I'd be around on the night..

One thing surprised me and that is how poor ticket sales seem to be for this. The O2, like all venues, always sells tickets from front to back. I managed to get two tickets in block A row 15. Now assuming that tickets are sold in the following order :
    STANDING and then
    SEATING BLOCKS A ONWARDS

it would seem that only standing and a handful of seated tickets have so far been sold????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Just got myself a couple of tickets for this gig..Delighted. Had to wait until now to get them as I wasn't sure if I'd be around on the night..

One thing surprised me and that is how poor ticket sales seem to be for this. The O2, like all venues, always sells tickets from front to back. I managed to get two tickets in block A row 15. Now assuming that tickets are sold in the following order :
    STANDING and then
    SEATING BLOCKS A ONWARDS

it would seem that only standing and a handful of seated tickets have so far been sold????????????????

Block A is off to the stage right, not centre. I assume the best seats are Blocks C-E.

The-O2-Dublin-Standing.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It will def sell out . The fact they are also doing Belfast this time would mean ticket sales might be a bit slower for Dublin. Id say when the album comes out it will boost sales a bit.

Either way i cannot wait for the gig these guys never dissapoint and with the tickets being only €35 ish it will be well worth it

• Advertisement

Gig might not sell out but will be packed if last time is anything to go by.

Last time my OH came while 6 months pregnant. As soon as the gig started every single person in the seating area stood up and remained standing for the whole gig. Seating ticket was a waste of money

Clanket wrote: »
    Gig might not sell out but will be packed if last time is anything to go by.

Last time my OH came while 6 months pregnant. As soon as the gig started every single person in the seating area stood up and remained standing for the whole gig. Seating ticket was a waste of money

To be fair this does happen at a lot of rock gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Kasabian guitarist Sergio Pizzorno said, "The overall response from the gigs and people that have heard it on the radio has been bigger than ever. Everyone seems to be really digging the new sound. It’s a huge progression for us, it’s epic. It’s a proper rock album, futuristic modern rock album. It’s the future."

Are you having a laugh ? ... after 3 extremely boring full play throughs I can only conclude he has absolutley no reference points to past music (which obviously can't be the case) or he's talking out his arse ...

Some horrible examples :

The Green Fairy - have you ever heard the St Pepper album ... it was released around 1967 by a band called The Beatles - they had some minor hits.

Velocirator - sounds like any generic backround music for Championship Goals roundup on Soccer AM

Let's Roll Just Like We Used To - c'mon ... it sounds like early 70's Pop a la Barry Manilow

To quote Velocirator lyrics
    Ohh, there’s nothing to it, there’s nothing to it man
    Ohh, there’s nothing to it, there’s nothing to it man

Indeed.

I quite like the new album, there is some fair points made by the poster above but there's enough it for me to make it a worthy companion to the 3 previous records. Nowhere near as good as West Ryder though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

RayCon wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh ? ... after 3 extremely boring full play throughs I can only conclude he has absolutley no reference points to past music (which obviously can't be the case) or he's talking out his arse ...

Some horrible examples :

The Green Fairy - have you ever heard the St Pepper album ... it was released around 1967 by a band called The Beatles - they had some minor hits.

Velocirator - sounds like any generic backround music for Championship Goals roundup on Soccer AM

Let's Roll Just Like We Used To - c'mon ... it sounds like early 70's Pop a la Barry Manilow

To quote Velocirator lyrics

Indeed.

LOL

For a guy who quotes as if he knows a lot about past music, surely you should know not to take what singers say literally. They're hyping up the new record. Also, quoting the Beatles to prove your point, 'Bigger than jesus' anyone?

Anyway, I think it's a very good record, gets better with each listen too I think. I do think it probably dosen't have a 'Club Foot' type track that is cult-like, but maybe with time that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

standing tickets all sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

s8n wrote: »
    standing tickets all sold

I got mine in the post today. Can't wait!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kasabian’s Tom Meighan has suggested that a stadium tour could be on the way for the rockers – but a stop in his hometown Leicester’s football stadium is out of the question.

The ‘Club Foot’ singers have just released their fourth studio album ‘Velociraptor!’, and have lined-up an arena tour for November. But, with Meighan and guitarist Serge Pizzorno thinking the band are ready for bigger things, he spoke about the possibility of the band performing in stadiums for a tour next year, and the idea of headlining 2013’s Glastonbury.

“I can’t say anything about it, but time will tell,” the pair revealed. “It would really be something if we could play Wembley Stadium, to be big enough to headline there? Magnificent. Who knows what’ll happen next year.

“When [Leicester’s] stadium was built it wasn’t designed to be sturdy enough to have rock shows there, we keep asking the council if it can be strengthened. It would be incredible to have a homecoming at City’s ground as the biggest venue in Leicester only holds 2,000 people, which is frustrating.

“It would have been brilliant to play Glastonbury but all we need is a phone call from Michael Eavis and we’ll be there for 2013. One thing I really want to do before all this ends is to headline Glastonbury as we’ve always had an incredible time playing there. Hopefully it’ll happen.”

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Got my tickets today too, cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Any ideas of set-list or too early?

• Advertisement

After a few listens really getting into the new album and brings back the memories with the dvd of the last gig the place was bouncing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Has everyone received their tickets already? Still waiting on mine.

Got my tickets in the post yesterday. Still waiting on the bloody cd from cd wow after over a week. They're useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Has everyone received their tickets already? Still waiting on mine.

Got mine last week. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Really looking forward to this :D Hope they play Processed Beats!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Just watched the live dvd of the last 02 gig i got with the album..... Had chills for pretty much the whole dvd!!!!! If this gig is half as good as the last one ill be very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Miles Kane been confirmed as support!!!

This is going to be some night!

Batesy wrote: »
    Miles Kane been confirmed as support!!!

This is going to be some night!

Where's your source?
    I like Miles Kane, dunno if I fancy being in the O2 for ages before to see him though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

Where's your source?
    I like Miles Kane, dunno if I fancy being in the O2 for ages before to see him though

https://www.mileskane.com/gigs

Pierce_1991, you would think to check the most obvious place, no?

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    https://www.mileskane.com/gigs

Pierce_1991, you would think to check the most obvious place, no?

I did check the most obvious place, which is Kasabian.co.uk since it's their show, sarcky cúnt

Advertisement