Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Announce Tour (Irish dates added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Miles Kane and his band are top notch live. If you can get there early do so. His album "Colour of the Trap" is quality. Well worth a spin.

Got a pretty good deal on living social a few weeks back for beers and a platter in lagoona bar in the IFSC. Sweet. So looking forward to this! Please please let the snow stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

New video,one of the bet songs on the album imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I love the way Kasabian make good video's and they've done it again. Dunno if I would have released Re Wired but it's not a bad tune

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

New video,one of the bet songs on the album imo

This will be epic live!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kasabian have revealed that the stage set for their UK arena tour will resemble a giant orange.

The band will begin a 13-date UK arena tour on November 28 at Brighton Centre and have said that they have commissioned a specially designed set which will glow brighter or fainter depending on how noisy the crowd are.

Speaking to the Daily Star about the set, frontman Tom Meighan said: "Serge and Aitor Throup, who did our album artwork, and a guy called Nick who's a ****ing genius at lighting, came up with it. It's going to look great. The idea that the stage will react to fans will be cool. It's never been done."

Meighan also spoke about the band's desire to get back "in the stride of playing live again" and described making new album 'Velociraptor!' as "easy".

He added: "It's pretty exciting. We want to get in the stride of playing live again. Making the album was easy. Now it's two years of touring."

Kasabian announced earlier this week that they will headline London's O2 Arena on New Year's Eve, with support from Chase and Status and a DJ set from Zane Lowe.

Can't wait!

Kasabian have confirmed in this weeks NME that they are doing Hyde Park, and strongly hinted it's for Hyde Park Calling. They have also said that they are doing a Scottish, Midlands and Northern gig.

Hopefully we get a date over here aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Hopefully we get a date over here aswell

I assume that meant Hard Rock Calling. Went over there last year for The Killers and loved it, really great venue for rock gig. I was trying to think of who I'd like to see over there again and Kasabian were one band I reckoned would be good. Might go back over to see them, although things would be made easier with a Marlay Park date perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Looking forward to this now, looking like I won't be able to make it to the Belfast gig aswell.Stuck with 2 tickets now :(

• Advertisement

Had a bit of a panic attack earlier that i could not remember where my ticket was . But lucklily found it :D . Shall be my 6th time seeing them

4th for me I think. The more I listen to their albums the more I really think they're one of the best bands of our generation.

Anyone planning on making a night out out of it? Where would be good to go in town afterwards?

4th for me I think. The more I listen to their albums the more I really think they're one of the best bands of our generation.

Anyone planning on making a night out out of it? Where would be good to go in town afterwards?

Im heading out after for my friends birthday . Think we are going to Gypsy Rose

MTV are showing them from Belfast right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know roughly what time Kasabian will be on stage?

Im heading out after for my friends birthday . Think we are going to Gypsy Rose

I think we're going to head over towards tripod, there is a crowd called Electric six on in the Academy so going to look into that aswell.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly what time Kasabian will be on stage?

I would guess about 9ish.

Anyone know if Miles Kane is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

miles kane is tops.worth a look.

any set lists doing the rounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

aflib wrote: »
    any set lists doing the rounds?
    Days Are Forgotten
    Shoot The Runner
    Velociraptor!
    Underdog
    Where Did All The Love Go?
    I.D.
    I Hear Voices
    Take Aim
    (with Trumpet Inno Di Mameli intro)
    Club Foot
    Re-wired
    Empire
    La Fée Verte
    Fast Fuse
    Pulp Fiction Theme
    (Dick Dale and His Del-Tones cover)
    Goodbye Kiss
    L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)
    Encore:
    Switchblade Smiles
    Vlad The Impaler
    Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

I think we're going to head over towards tripod, there is a crowd called Electric six on in the Academy so going to look into that aswell.

I would guess about 9ish.

Anyone know if Miles Kane is any good?
    Miles Kane is defo worth checking out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Looking forward to this tomorrow. That setlist looks great. Saw the stage times are Miles Kane at 7.30 and Kasabian 8.45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Kasabian and Miles Kane for only 40 euro, a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yeh gonna be great. I've a mate looking for a standing ticket if anyone knows of someone with a spare.

id say that setlist will be improved, they were playing that around europe. Wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of songs added for the uk & ireland tour which starts tonight in Belfast so we'll see after tonight

kc66 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this tomorrow. That setlist looks great. Saw the stage times are Miles Kane at 7.30 and Kasabian 8.45.

Cheers for that i would have thought they would have been on at 9. Where did you find that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Cheers for that i would have thought they would have been on at 9. Where did you find that info?

http://musicscene.ie/2011/11/stage-times-for-kasabian-odyssey-arena-belfast-the-o2-dublin-live-concert-dates-revealed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyone know where their staying ? i would love them to sign my tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

cant wait for tonight they are going to blow the roof off the 02 !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mchlllsn

Enjoy it tonight, they were brilliant in Belfast last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mchlllsn

Belfast set list....

1.Days Are Forgotten
    2.Shoot The Runner
    3.Velociraptor!
    4.Underdog
    5.Where Did All The Love Go?
    6.I.D.
    7.I Hear Voices
    8.Thick As Thieves
    (The Doors - People Are Strange Interlude)
    9.Take Aim
    10.Club Foot
    11.Re-wired
    12.Empire
    13.La Fée Verte
    14.Fast Fuse
    15.Misirlou
    (Dick Dale and His Del-Tones cover)
    16.Goodbye Kiss
    17.L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)

Encore:
    18.Switchblade Smiles
    19.Vlad The Impaler
    20.Fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Still surprised this gig didn't sell out.

To anyone who went, how was it?

Raging I couldn't go.

Advertisement