Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Announce Tour (Irish dates added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

karaokeman wrote: »
    Still surprised this gig didn't sell out.

To anyone who went, how was it?

Raging I couldn't go.
    Best night of my existence ! SWITCHBLADE FÜCKING SMILES

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Great gig but was really disappointed they didn't play I Hear Voices,had been waiting all week for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Great gig but was really disappointed they didn't play I Hear Voices,had been waiting all week for it!
    Man of simple pleasures made up for it. Great gig all the same 9 out of 10

ricero wrote: »
    MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Man of simple pleasures made up for it. Great gig all the same 9 out of 10
    Sorry they didn't play I Hear Voices aswell but the song I was dying to hear all week was Man Of Simple Pleasures the first time they played it live over the last 7 or so gigs twas like I was meant to hear it live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

I personally thought it was brilliant. I also went to the RHCP gig at the O2 but funny enough I seemed to enjoy Kasabian gig last night even more. "Fire" had the whole O2 bouncing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Some photos from the Belfast gig here: Link

379531_295992857099788_193641680668240_1022470_791085641_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Brilliant gig, brilliant night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Great gig, althought it didn't top their gig from 2 years ago for me.

Absolutely fantastic. Would have stayed for hours longer listening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Absolutely fantastic. Would have stayed for hours longer listening to them.

Excellent gig. Would agree with you if my legs and lungs wouldn't. Great three songs to finish off on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed the gig , they are a band that seem to be getting better each time . Have to say Vlad The Impaler stole the show for me and hope they pop over here during the summer for a outdoor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Really enjoyed the gig last night....Vlad the Impaler was the highlight for me but Rewired and Fire and a couple of other old favourites came close.

Kasabian are still criminally underrated imho - the last album was a little flat compared to previous efforts but they put on one helluva live show. Thought they integrated the new stuff nicely into the set list.

Would like to see them at a bigger venue again - they totally blew me away at Slane a couple of years ago.

Caught the tail-end of Miles Kane who wasn't bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Absoloutely brilliant. It was my first time seeing them live and they blew me away. Quite a big spread of young and old at it but everyone seemed to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

unreal gig. place was bouncing. 1st time seeing them and it wont be the last

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They were incredible last night. The sound in the new O2 is fantastic. The one thing I was pleased about was Toms singing could be heard equally as good as the music. Highlight for me was 'Take Aim', my god that sounds brilliant live.

Overall great show. Won't be my last time seeing them definitely. The start of 'Switchblade Smiles' may be one of the best 'hairs on the back of the neck' moment' i've ever had at a concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

amazing gig, serge and tom are 2 of the coolest guys ive ever seen on stage.
    GET LOOSE GET LOOSE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

amazing gig, serge and tom are 2 of the coolest guys ive ever seen on stage.
    GET LOOSE GET LOOSE![/QUOTE]

My jaysus, the whole 02 was rocking to that !!

Bounce ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the gig last night....Vlad the Impaler was the highlight for me but Rewired and Fire and a couple of other old favourites came close.

Kasabian are still criminally underrated imho - the last album was a little flat compared to previous efforts but they put on one helluva live show. Thought they integrated the new stuff nicely into the set list.
    Would like to see them at a bigger venue again - they totally blew me away at Slane a couple of years ago.

Caught the tail-end of Miles Kane who wasn't bad either

Completely agree...I hadn't heard much of Velociraptor but Switchblade Smiles was one of the highlights...especially when played back to back with Vlad the Impaler and Fire. Great live band...hopefully see them back in Ireland in the summer

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Completely agree...I hadn't heard much of Velociraptor but Switchblade Smiles was one of the highlights...especially when played back to back with Vlad the Impaler and Fire. Great live band...hopefully see them back in Ireland in the summer

Yea i think a lot of the songs on Velociraptor sound a lot better when they are played live . Im hoping they play somewhere like Marlay Park (it would be their 3rd time to play but 1st time to headline :D ). Throw in Noel Gallagher or someone then you would sell it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yea i think a lot of the songs on Velociraptor sound a lot better when they are played live . Im hoping they play somewhere like Marlay Park (it would be their 3rd time to play but 1st time to headline :D ). Throw in Noel Gallagher or someone then you would sell it out
    And bring Noel Fielding along again for Vlad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

A wonderful gig, a treat from start to finish.

Highlight for me was LSF; LALALA LALALA LALALALA!

My first time in the new O2 and it is a fantastic venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers to all for posting the vids - brought it all back...the place went mental during Vlad the Impaler; must have looked amazing from the seats i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I remember walking back into town along the Liffey after the gig in 2009 every one was doing the La La La from LSF as that's what they ended the show with.

This time round they finished with Fire so everyone was doing the Wooh Oooh Oooh Oooh walking back towards town :)

Good idea also to end the set with LSF before they came back out for the encore. Was great to hear the La La La from LSF acho around the 02.

Excellent live band, I cannot believe how underrated they are. Fair play to them for not having their ticket prices so expensive and they came with a great stage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

I have a feeling they'll play Slane!!!!!! :) They are ready for it in my eyes but probably wont sell it out... I live in hope that they do :) Noel Gallagher supporting would help ticket sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

The Stone Roses are hotly tipped for Slane. Supposedly they put in on their website but it was taken down fairly smartly

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Brilliant gig, even better than 2009, they were so into it. The whole crowd bouncing during Fire at the end was absolutely amazing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Imagine Slane with The Stone Roses supported by Kasabian and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds?!?!

Epic.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    Imagine Slane with The Stone Roses supported by Kasabian and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds?!?!

Epic.

Please No :mad: . Cut out Stone Roses and then you have EPIC

Advertisement