Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Announce Tour (Irish dates added)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Kasabian haven't a hope of headlining Slane and their days of supporting are probably over at this point. Also Noel is arguably a bigger draw than Kasabian so can't see him supporting them either.

Never happen.

Great gig on Saturday though, really really good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nm wrote: »
    Kasabian haven't a hope of headlining Slane and their days of supporting are probably over at this point. Also Noel is arguably a bigger draw than Kasabian so can't see him supporting them either.

Never happen.

Great gig on Saturday though, really really good.

Yea they are not ready for Slane since they have yet to do a big outdoor show which will happen next year . Maybe on their next album (if it goes like the last two or better) i could see them in with a chance of Slane. Maybe Slane 2014/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Batesy wrote: »
    Imagine Slane with The Stone Roses supported by Kasabian and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds?!?!

Epic.

Gig and a half alright!! Kasabian have said they are passed supporting bands now though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Please No :mad: . Cut out Stone Roses and then you have EPIC

:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Batesy wrote: »
    Imagine Slane with The Stone Roses supported by Kasabian and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds?!?!

Epic.

I doubt it, on more than one occasion Ian Brown has stated his dislike for Kasabian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Please No :mad: . Cut out Stone Roses and then you have EPIC

Why? Stone Roses are absolutely amazing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Clanket wrote: »
    Why? Stone Roses are absolutely amazing

Dont like them at all , never seen the big whoop about them . Thats just imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Kasabian in the o2 was the best concert I've ever been at. Unreal

That's unusual. Most people I know who like Kasabian like the Stone Roses aswell. Different strokes and all that...

Clanket wrote: »
    That's unusual. Most people I know who like Kasabian like the Stone Roses aswell. Different strokes and all that...

True like both myself . Just a pity that ian brown cant sing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I had a good seat, could see some serious moshing going on on the floor. Id say there were some very bruised people the next day.
    What a gig... their music is great live. I've been to a lot of gigs but I can't remember ever seeing the whole place go mental the way they did at this one.

I was sitting at the last gig because my wife was pregnant and got a great buzz looking at the standing area with everyone hopping around.

This time I was in the standing area doing the hopping. Was gas. Only bad thing is people throwing pints. Don't mind empty plastic cups (took one in the nose!) but why anyone would throw full ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

9th/10th time that was seeing them,I'm not sure,I've lost count. Last half hour was mental,terribly underrated band.

The O2 is a great venue, still though, can't beat them the time I seen them in Dolans in Limerick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Started the night about 15 rows back from centre stage, but with all the jumping and moshing(had to pocket my glasses as they were knocked clean off my face TWICE!!), ended up about 4 or 5 from centre,
    Everyone just seemed to want to have as good a time as possible and Kasabian themselves just seemed to be enjoying themselves, I remember Tom actually stiffling a laugh while singing either Fire or Vlad,
    With the tracks from 4 albums they were never going to dissapoint, they probably could have played tracks from any 1 album and still had everyone jumpin, Their back catalogue is so good now the only problem is that your likely to miss out on several favorites,
    Indeed I would have loved to hear 'Seek And Destroy', 'Neon Noon' or 'Reason Is Treason', but its not like I can complain about the tracks we got,

A truly fantastic gig, group and venue, Miles Kane weren't bad but I was not overly aware of them beforehand.

Only one thing left to say.....actually I'll let Tom take it:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Killinator wrote: »
    Started the night about 15 rows back from centre stage, but with all the jumping and moshing(had to pocket my glasses as they were knocked clean off my face TWICE!!), ended up about 4 or 5 from centre,
    Everyone just seemed to want to have as good a time as possible and Kasabian themselves just seemed to be enjoying themselves, I remember Tom actually stiffling a laugh while singing either Fire or Vlad,
    With the tracks from 4 albums they were never going to dissapoint, they probably could have played tracks from any 1 album and still had everyone jumpin, Their back catalogue is so good now the only problem is that your likely to miss out on several favorites,
    Indeed I would have loved to hear 'Seek And Destroy', 'Neon Noon' or 'Reason Is Treason', but its not like I can complain about the tracks we got,

A truly fantastic gig, group and venue, Miles Kane weren't bad but I was not overly aware of them beforehand.

I was at the bar as they walked out. By the second song I was about 4 rows back, I took a punch of some guy making me way through the crowd, but worth it.

Great gig, and a nice ending to it too.

Miles Kane is a guy, not a band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Miles Kane is a guy, not a band

That proves I'm not very up to date on him then:D:pac:

Advertisement