Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 134: Silva v Okami

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When Barbosa smashes Pearson, i'm going on Twitter to see what Gareth A.D*ickface has to say about it! No doubt he'll still be licking Ross' arse.

Should Pearson win, he'll probably call for a title fight for him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Post reported to An Garda Siochana

ah come on stuffy, im surely entitled to a few lines of powder on a saturday night!
    nothing u havent done yourself im sure! the difference is, you wash your crack and sell it again ;) mine is gone once its gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

Come on boys, if you were a fighter, whats the tune that you would come out to to get the crowd and yourself pumped up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I need Barbosa to win by KO, cmon!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

akkenny wrote: »
    Come on boys, if you were a fighter, whats the tune that you would come out to to get the crowd and yourself pumped up?

Boyzone - No Matter What...

• Advertisement

ah come on stuffy, im surely entitled to a few lines of powder on a saturday night!
    nothing u havent done yourself im sure! the difference is, you wash your crack and sell it again ;) mine is gone once its gone!

I assure you I haven't washed my crack in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I'd say Pearson is well out of his depth here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

On the subjext of walk-out music, I cant remember the opponent (it might;ve been Nate Mohr) but I remember Manny Gamburyan was fighting against a guy who came out to "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" by Scissor Sisters. I thought it was hilarious

"I don't feel like dancing, no sir, no dancing today"

That was until Manny put him in an Ankle Lock and ripped his leg apart. Then it becamehilarious and ironic!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

[/QUOTE]

that would be hilarious, would love to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

expected the nog fight to be on after the pearson fight so managed to miss it, good stream anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tough fight to call

Dan Hardy on Twitter
    It must be hard for Barbosa to fight with Kenny Florian so far up his ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

any stream links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just arrived back at the gf's place, and realised she has espn. SHABBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

mocathain wrote: »
    any stream links

Me too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Tough fight to call

I agree i thought pearson landed more but barbosa's were obviously more effective, dissappointed for Pearson, hes a good fighter. Maybe needs to improve his wrestling, if he had taken him to the ground the fight could have been very different.

Just arrived back at the gf's place, and realised she has espn. SHABBA.

She's a keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

I think this will be the first time Griffin has ever been booed on his way to and inside the cage!

Shogun doesn't seem particularly popular in Brazil :confused:

She's a keeper!

she is hammered and gone to bed, so peace and quiet while i watch it. Reckon shogun will nick this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Forrest, "Shipping Of To Boston".

:D

Shogun isn't even 30 yet! Holy hell!

That fight was over 5-6 punches before it was stopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm glad ESPN was thrown in with Sky Sports because I'd be annoyed about paying for tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That'll do very nicely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Expected more from forrest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That fight was over 5-6 punches before it was stopped!

Thought it could have been stopped earlier alright.

:eek:
    that fight was over before forrest got in the ring. Had total stage fright tonight, rua was ruthless.
    Shogun looked savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Shogun made that look very easy.

Shogun was barely touched, i can see him going straight back into a fight soon.

If they don't let him soccer-kick lads to death on the ground then he'll smash them with his hands!

• Advertisement

Shogun was barely touched, i can see him going straight back into a fight soon.

He's better off. Was never great after long layoffs

I'd actually like to see a Shogun/Machida rubbermatch. I'd say those two will end up fighting five times before their careers are out.

If they don't let him soccer-kick lads to death on the ground then he'll smash them with his hands!

He looked like he was using forrests head as a basketball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Not a massive MMA fan, but have seen lots of Silvas fights before. Does Okami stand a genuine chance of winning or will it be easy enough for silva?

Those hammer fists reminded me of the Arona fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Apart from Luiz Cane, it's been a clean Brazilian sweep so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Not a massive MMA fan, but have seen lots of Silvas fights before. Does Okami stand a genuine chance of winning or will it be easy enough for silva?

Okami is the only person to have defeated Silva so if there's anyone to beat him it's more likely to be him, can still see Silva winning though.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see a Shogun/Machida rubbermatch. I'd say those two will end up fighting five times before their careers are out.

Makes sense, both coming off wins, should be a No.1 contender match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Where's Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

okami has no business even being in the ring tonight tbh

anderson via murder

shogun looks amazing. would absolutely cream my togs to see a silva shogun superfight. id say he's beat the bollox out of bones if he got anaother crack at him.wow.just wow.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Okami is the only person to have defeated Silva so if there's anyone to beat him it's more likely to be him, can still see Silva winning though.

He's the LAST guy to beat him but he's been beaten 4 times. Including a ridiculous heel-hook from Ryo Chonan

Edit: voila

Leeg17 wrote: »

Defeated him by getting knocked out through an illegal upkick hardly means much. Although id love an upset

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

yeah would love to see okami win

id say he's beat the bollox out of bones if he got anaother crack at him.wow.just wow.

Ah c'mon. Did you see the first fight? Yeah Shogun looks good but the Jones fight looked like a dad smacking a bold child. It wasn't even competitive.

Okami doesnt look confident walking in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement