Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 134: Silva v Okami

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He's the LAST guy to beat him but he's been beaten 4 times. Including a ridiculous heel-hook from Ryo Chonan

Edit: voila

Yea my bad, I'm wrecked tired :p

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Leeg17 wrote: »
    He's the LAST guy to beat him but he's been beaten 4 times. Including a ridiculous heel-hook from Ryo Chonan

Edit: voila

Yea my bad, I'm wrecked tired :p

What a submission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Any streams PLEASE??

I have ESPN at home but am in NYC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

bret69 wrote: »
    Any streams PLEASE??

I have ESPN at home but am in NYC!

You should have activated sky go! If you know your sky viewing number you could set it up now and be watching in a couple mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Ha in the countdown silva said he loves breaking the weight cut by eating 2 big macs and look who his main sponsor is!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sky go only works with ie and Uk ip addresses so you'd need a proxy

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've been commenting on it t all evening on facebook for those that use it. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002476729786&sk=wall

plus episode 3 is out... filled with my bad predictions!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

IrishIrish wrote: »
    You should have activated sky go! If you know your sky viewing number you could set it up now and be watching in a couple mins.

Is that you, Harry Enfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Wow, no touch of the gloves"

Because neither man had a clue what was being said :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Okami only weighed in at 183? :eek::confused:

Kenny Florian's analysis has been really refreshing tonight. I like Joe Rogan and listen to his podcasts but Florian gives a much better insight and he gives you really good insider information, especially about the stand up game. Rogan just seems to rant on about what fighters should be doing while they're on the ground.

The commentary on this card has been far less fomulaic and chiched than usual, definitely would like more of this in the future.

"Wow, no touch of the gloves"

Because neither man had a clue what was being said :rolleyes:

Lies... Don't you know Anderson can speak perfect English? :rolleyes:

THE..... BEST..........EVER!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Silvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

4/5 for KO (TKO counts right?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Different class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I can't wait until someone knocks him out.

F*ck sake, I actually hate Silva so much...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Ill savour the day when he gets planted on his arse after doing all the taunting shít he does.

Keep feeding him fighters in middleweight dana...

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I can't wait until someone knocks him out.

It's not happening! There isn't a MW in the world who could KO him (who he hasnt already beaten).

The only guy who would run him close would be GSP and he doesn't knock ANYONE out!

I hope Chael or Stann get the next title shot and kill Anderson...

• Advertisement

It's not happening! There isn't a MW in the world who could KO him (who he hasnt already beaten).

The only guy who would run him close would be GSP and he doesn't knock ANYONE out!
    Id love to see what Silva would do when he cant get off the mat if he fought GSP. But that fights never going to happen, as we all know Silva is Dana's little baby, and will keep feeding him duds in middleweight that he knows wont stand a chance against him.

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I hope Chael or Stann get the next title shot and kill Anderson...

I think that's pretty much a given at this stage. there's nobody left at MW to go against Anderson. Sure giving Okami the shot was scraping the barrell for UFC. He fully deserved it, but Okami was the Jon Fitch of the MW division. Top guy, but they didnt want him as champion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

Anderson Silva.

Son of Zeus.

Brother of Hercules.

Father of Aesthetics.

King of MMA.

Respect The Crown.

Doesn't matter if he gets knocked out at this stage. He's 36 years old and has achieved everything he could possibly achieve in MMA and has done so in a dominant fashion. He most likely will get knocked out and submitted if he keeps fighting but it counts for nothing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got 2/4 right in my accy for winners and rounds, not too bad.

Again showing my ignorance, but is there anyone who would have more than a puncher's chance against Silva? Every time I see him in the ring he looks slower than other fighters but makes the opponent look even slower. Amazing.

F*ck sake, I actually hate Silva so much...

How can you hate the muhammed ali of the sport.

there will never be another this good.

Id love to see what Silva would do when he cant get off the mat if he fought GSP. But that fights never going to happen, as we all know Silva is Dana's little baby, and will keep feeding him duds in middleweight that he knows wont stand a chance against him.

Well we saw what he'd do in that situation against Chael Sonnen.

And duds? If you think Sonnen, Okami, Belfort and Maia (his last 4 opponents) are duds, you've been watching the wrong sport!

amacachi wrote: »
    Got 2/4 right in my accy for winners and rounds, not too bad.

Again showing my ignorance, but is there anyone who would have more than a puncher's chance against Silva? Every time I see him in the ring he looks slower than other fighters but makes the opponent look even slower. Amazing.

Vitor Belfort was that guy, that didnt end well.

Lads however great we think Silva is, we've got to remember he is learning from The Greatest There Has Ever Been.

Sensei Pastor Seagal.

:P

Anderson Silva.

Son of Zeus.

Brother of Hercules.

Father of Aesthetics.

King of MMA.

Respect The Crown.
    Never...
    How can you hate the muhammed ali of the sport.

there will never be another this good.

Meh.. Paulo Filho could've been :P And I still don't buy into Anderson Silva's hype :P He's just an amazing striker... Possibly the best ever..

• Advertisement

Well we saw what he'd do in that situation against Chael Sonnen.

And duds? If you think Sonnen, Okami, Belfort and Maia (his last 4 opponents) are duds, you've been watching the wrong sport!
    Yes, but Sonnen would more than likely had won if it had gone to the judges, what can I say, Silva got lucky in my eyes, others will say its because hes the best yada yada yada.

Duds toward silva. Yes silva is world class, but Dana knows theres not many in Middleweight that can beat silva. Look, ive had this argument over the past 2 years it must be now with many different people, people on here, friends, people down the gym, nothing has changed since really. Only thing that really has changed, is I cant use my Fedor card with the same effect anymore towards those bandwagon MMA fans.

Yes, but Sonnen would more than likely had won if it had gone to the judges, what can I say, Silva got lucky in my eyes, others will say its because hes the best yada yada yada.

:rolleyes:

If my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle!
    Duds toward silva. Yes silva is world class, but Dana knows theres not many in Middleweight that can beat silva. Look, ive had this argument over the past 2 years it must be now with many different people, people on here, friends, people down the gym, nothing has changed since really. Only thing that really has changed, is I cant use my Fedor card with the same effect anymore towards those bandwagon MMA fans.

Duds towards Silva! People like Demian Maia & Vitor Belfort are duds compared to Silva and you don't see how that makes him the best in the world? You see that as some sort of deficiency on their part?

ScareGilly this is your fault! I don't know why I keep biting to such nonsense! :pac:

Look, ive had this argument over the past 2 years it must be now with many different people, people on here, friends, people down the gym, nothing has changed since really. Only thing that really has changed, is I cant use my Fedor card with the same effect anymore towards those bandwagon MMA fans.

Well that's the difference. You're not talking to a bandwagon fan now son :D

More than likely. Maybe Sonnen would have won if he'd doubled the dose of testosterone he was shooting into his arm to get to where he got. More than likely, if he had won the fight, the win would have been overturned after he was found guilty of cheating and suspended.

ScareGilly this is your fault! I don't know why I keep biting to such nonsense! :pac:

I've trained the trolls a bit too well... I just do it for shits and giggle... They seem to be serious... :confused:

But anyways... Free Chael Sonnen!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Patrick Cote had a chance imo of beating Silva back at UFC 90 till he got injured. At the time he was also the only fighter to get to the third round against Silva and was able to take the punches on the chin that have dropped others so easily.

Axwell wrote: »
    Patrick Cote had a chance imo of beating Silva back at UFC 90 till he got injured. At the time he was also the only fighter to get to the third round against Silva and was able to take the punches on the chin that have dropped others so easily.

Now Patrick Coté, i'll give you THAT one as a dud :p

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    More than likely. Maybe Sonnen would have won if he'd doubled the dose of testosterone he was shooting into his arm to get to where he got. More than likely, if he had won the fight, the win would have been overturned after he was found guilty of cheating and suspended.

He wasn't over the limit in testosterone levels.. They weren't released or he wasn't above them if I recall correctly? He just never formally declared he was on HRT?..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Now Patrick Coté, i'll give you THAT one as a dud :p

Dud or not he was the first to take Silva into the third round and if he hadn't blown his knee he was in with a great shot of at least going the distance if not more. He gave as good as he got in that fight and was doing better than plenty of the non duds mentioned above.

• Advertisement

Well that's the difference. You're not talking to a bandwagon fan now son :D
    k.
    I've trained the trolls a bit too well... I just do it for shits and giggle... They seem to be serious... :confused:

But anyways... Free Chael Sonnen!
    Whose trolling? People have different views that you which means they are a troll? If a poster here who disagreed with me, was an actual MMA fighter who fights in Irish organisations or whatever, and actually knows the sport rather than taking what joe rogan says as the gospel and finding out all their info off sherdog, then I would maybe see that I was wrong, but if its just an armchair fan, then we will just have to agree to disagree sahn! :D

Im not a regular poster around here so dont know the lingo perhaps, so free chael sonnen was lost on me.

He wasn't over the limit in testosterone levels.. They weren't released or he wasn't above them if I recall correctly? He just never formally declared he was on HRT?..

Nah he admitted he was over by "one tenth". At a recent Q&A he said "they expect me to believe that i'm only one tenth above the level of your average man? The reason my tentosterone was too high is because i'm too macho for the UFC"

:pac:

k.

Whose trolling? People have different views that you which means they are a troll? If a poster here who disagreed with me, was an actual MMA fighter who fights in Irish organisations or whatever, and actually knows the sport rather than taking what joe rogan says as the gospel and finding out all their info off sherdog, then I would maybe see that I was wrong, but if its just an armchair fan, then we will just have to agree to disagree sahn! :D

Im not a regular poster around here so dont know the lingo perhaps, so free chael sonnen was lost on me.

I never said anyone was trolling... I was making light of the quite fun, and harmless trolling of myself and Chael Sonnen leading up to and following UFC 117...

k.

So just because someone is a fighter they know more than you?

Damn! Well I haven't fought an MMA fight, which means I really gotta stop disagreeing with Paul Cowzer! (Sorry for doing so all this time Paul).

Now, i'm gonna go tell all my mates they're not allowed have an opinion on the football tomorrow because none of them have ever played in the Champions League! And someone better tell Jose Mourinho he knows F-All about football, as he never played professionally!

And Frank Warren never fought, what does he know about Boxing?

Your logic has opened my eyes here my friend! I shall sleep soundly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

OH SILVA I GET WEAK AT THE KNEES WHENEVER YOU FIGHT

PLEASE TAKE ME AWAY AND RAVISH ME FOR THE NIGHT

I USED TO HAVE A HARDON FOR FEDOR

BUT NOW I SEE THAT THERE IS NO ONE BETTER

SO PLEASE LET ME F*CK YOU AND DANA WHITE

he so sexy... whose with me :D:D:D:D:pac::P

makes me go yum yum

no one can beat my man

no one will EVER BEAT HIM

Dana white created MMA

Sherdog is full of intellectual MMA trainees who know the sport well and have high levels of experience in the sport. They also partake in highly intellectual and fair debates.

OH SILVA I GET WEAK AT THE KNEES WHENEVER YOU FIGHT

PLEASE TAKE ME AWAY AND RAVISH ME FOR THE NIGHT

I USED TO HAVE A HARDON FOR FEDOR

BUT NOW I SEE THAT THERE IS NO ONE BETTER

SO PLEASE LET ME F*CK YOU AND DANA WHITE

he so sexy... whose with me :D:D:D:D:pac::P

makes me go yum yum

no one can beat my man

no one will EVER BEAT HIM

Dana white created MMA

Sherdog is full of intellectual MMA trainees who know the sport well and have high levels of experience in the sport. They also partake in highly intellectual and fair debates.

• Advertisement

So just because someone is a fighter they know more than you?

Damn! Well I haven't fought an MMA fight, which means I really gotta stop disagreeing with Paul Cowzer! (Sorry for doing so all this time Paul).

Now, i'm gonna go tell all my mates they're not allowed have an opinion on the football tomorrow because none of them have ever played in the Champions League! And someone better tell Jose Mourinho he knows F-All about football, as he never played professionally!

And Frank Warren never fought, what does he know about Boxing?

Your logic has opened my eyes here my friend! I shall sleep soundly!
    You know full well I meant people who have never even had a MMA training session or even gone to a gym in their life :rolleyes:, not people who have never had a pro fight, but have trained in the sport before, like your comparing it to :rolleyes:, dont be exaggerating.

Clearly for example, Mourinho knows the sport, he trains with Real daily, he gets involved with the team, I was at a training session in chelsea, and he does set pieces with the team in what he thinks they should do etc, its not like just sits in his sideline chair watching them train. What a crock of shít your saying.

I'm talking about armchair fans who, if someone disagrees with them, they will proceed to belittle them, and say they are wrong, just because they spend more time on the internet, reading forums and watching videos than the other.

I've never had an MMA training session or anything like that, I play rugby, but dont go around acting smug if someone, who doesn't spend most of their time reading online about rugby, disagrees with me or says something slightly stupid, that a person who knows the sport well will find stupid. I dont get my kicks from that son.

I'm never going to win this argument, probably because I don't know as much about the sport as you more than likely, as I don't have the time to follow MMA anymore, and don't regularly post here, but hey thats no biggie. Ill steal some info off the MMA heads down the gym tomorrow night and post it here as my own opinion then.:cool:

By the way, if anyone is still up (or is in a different timezone), the Pro-Elite care is going live in 10 minutes for free on Sherdog (sigh).

Arlovski is on the card, the main event is Joe Riggs v Kenall Grove.

But most interesting is Reagan Penn is making his MMA debut on the card.

And Andy Wang.

Very long post.......

Well you said none of that! Nobody belittled you, but what you did was belittle the knowledge of those who have never competed. You also made some silly remarks in that last post about people who frequent internet forums. Silly really.

Good night!

By the way, if anyone is still up (or is in a different timezone), the Pro-Elite care is going live in 10 minutes for free on Sherdog (sigh).

Arlovski is on the card, the main event is Joe Riggs v Kenall Grove.

But most interesting is Reagan Penn is making his MMA debut on the card.

I'm just going to hope I can watch the fights somewhere else in the morning :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement