Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 134: Silva v Okami

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    And Andy Wang.

LOL!!!!

That actually made me laugh out loud! Good aul Andy!

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I'm just going to hope I can watch the fights somewhere else in the morning :/

Yeah f*ck that! Couldnt be arsed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

He is fighting on this card! :p

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    He is fighting on this card! :p

I forgot how funny that video was!

I love this one! Even Gray Maynard comes across funny in it!

KO of the Night: Big Nog

Fight of the NIght: Barbosa v Pearson

No Sub of the Night.

$100,000 each. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

MrStuffins wrote: »
    KO of the Night: Big Nog

Fight of the NIght: Barbosa v Pearson

No Sub of the Night.

$100,000 each. Sweet!

Should've given the other 100k bonus to Palhares and Miller...

"Strangest 1st round in a UFC fight.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Herb Dean doing his best Anderson Silva impression..

5HHsT.png

Going with Silva via TKO in the second

Should have put money on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Great night of fights, very interesting to see who Big Nog will get, the UFC HW division is still very thin, really needs the mergance of Strikeforce fighters. Big Country/Cro Cop winner (or possibly loser) or cheick Kongo could be good fights.

A very bad loss for Forrest but not one that surprised me. Obviously he's a great lad but I never really liked him as a fighter. I don't find him too exciting apart from the TUF finale. He got two big victories against an unfit Shogun and didn't look convincing against Rampage when he won the belt. I think recently it's been shown exactly how limited he is. I can't ever see him going on a title run again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Don't understand all the Silva hate.

"Let Dana keep feeding him cans at MW"???

News flash, HE'S A MIDDLEWEIGHT!!! They've "fed" him everyone they can in the MW division, and he has wrecked them (well apart from Sonnen who battered him for nearly 25 minutes). Who exactly have the UFC been protecting him from?

People made the argument that Fedor was protected from the top level of the UFC, and whether you agree with that or not you can see where the argument comes from because his management refused huge money (for whatever reasons) and steered him away from the UFC. You could argue that this was because UFC contracts are so loaded towards the promotion, or you could argue that it's because M-1 were worried what could happen to their golden goose at the hands of young powerful HWs like JDS and Cain, or wrestling beheamoths like Brock and Carwin.

My point being, there is a case to be made either way.

There is no case to say that Silva has been protected. There could have been one due to the fact that Okami was denied a title shot for so long, although I think it was more due to Okami's less than exciting style and persona. But now he's had his shot and was slaughtered.

Where are all these top MW contenders that are being steered away from Silva? Any who are in SF are there because they chose to be there and if/when SF is dissolved or downgraded I'm sure the best they have will be put in against him. People are talking about Hendo, but he said himself he's focusing on LHW. Jacare will have his shot no doubt, but is he really likely to topple Silva? He's the best MW there is, get over it.

And for those who say he should be moved up to LHW, why should he? Should DW insist that GSP moves to MW where is is immediately at a disadvantage because he's fighting above his natural class? Should Aldo be forced up a weight? Force Jones to HW if he beats Rampage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's not happening! There isn't a MW in the world who could KO him (who he hasnt already beaten).
    There's nothign wrong with a rematch.
    Id love to see what Silva would do when he cant get off the mat if he fought GSP. But that fights never going to happen, as we all know Silva is Dana's little baby, and will keep feeding him duds in middleweight that he knows wont stand a chance against him.
    LMFAO
    I'm never going to win this argument, probably because I don't know as much about the sport as you more than likely, as I don't have the time to follow MMA anymore, and don't regularly post here, but hey thats no biggie. Ill steal some info off the MMA heads down the gym tomorrow night and post it here as my own opinion then.:cool:
    There's nothing wrong with having that opinion, but you didn't back it up at all. You ranted about armchair fans and other nonsense but didn't explain how he fought cans.
    Personally I think its bullsh*t, Silva has fought all the top class guys in MW. He hasn't been fed anyone, the reality is that he reallly is that good.
    DrPhilG wrote: »

Where are all these top MW contenders that are being steered away from Silva? Any who are in SF are there because they chose to be there and if/when SF is dissolved or downgraded I'm sure the best they have will be put in against him. People are talking about Hendo, but he said himself he's focusing on LHW. Jacare will have his shot no doubt, but is he really likely to topple Silva? He's the best MW there is, get over it

Dana has said Silva next opponent will be Chael or Hendo

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Dana has said Silva next opponent will be Chael or Hendo

Didn't realise that.

Don't like either to be honest, wouldn't mind Stann getting a shot if he wins his next fight.

Henderson wants to fight at LHW against Jones or Rampage. He has played hardball with the UFC before so I don't think he'll be keen on being pushed into MW again if he doesn't want to.

Sonnen vs Silva II I want to see, but I don't think Chael deserves it after only 1 fight back after a dope bust and a loss. If Sonnen is being mentioned then maybe Stann can steal his thunder with a win?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭irishlad_85

I would like to see a rematch with Hendo next.

After this, if he stays at middleweight, I think the winner Munoz vs Leben should fight Belfort, and then the winner of that fight should have to fight the winner of Stann vs Sonnen. I think all of them require a further 2 wins or more before they should be considered a worthy contender again. Realistically he comprehensively beat Leben, and Belfort already. Stann is never going to have the skill set to defeat him. Sonnen and Munoz are both wrestlers and propbably have the best shot but when Sonnen fought Silva, he was jacked on testosterone and Silva had bruised ribs so I think that played a big part. I don't think Chael will be able to repeat that performance.

Personally after the Hendo fight, I think the UFC should either finally make the GSP fight, or ask him to move to 205 where there's the potential for some epic fights. The GSP fight actually doesn't interest me as much as the potential fights at 205. Imagine Silva vs Rampage, or Shogun, or Evans. There would be wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

I would like to see a rematch with Hendo next.

After this, if he stays at middleweight, I think the winner Munoz vs Leben should fight Belfort, and then the winner of that fight should have to fight the winner of Stann vs Sonnen. I think all of them require a further 2 wins or more before they should be considered a worthy contender again. Realistically he comprehensively beat Leben, and Belfort already. Stann is never going to have the skill set to defeat him. Sonnen and Munoz are both wrestlers and propbably have the best shot but when Sonnen fought Silva, he was jacked on testosterone and Silva had bruised ribs so I think that played a big part. I don't think Chael will be able to repeat that performance.

Personally after the Hendo fight, I think the UFC should either finally make the GSP fight, or ask him to move to 205 where there's the potential for some epic fights. The GSP fight actually doesn't interest me as much as the potential fights at 205. Imagine Silva vs Rampage, or Shogun, or Evans. There would be wars.

This is all well and good providing Silva actualy wants to continue fighting for this length of time. The man is 36 years old and may want to only fight one or two more fights (not exactly sure how many fights he has left on his UFC contract). He has expressed wanting to fight a boxing fight before he retires in the past so that may also be something he is interested in. Personally I think Hendo should be next for him as I think he deserved the title shot before he was denied it and then jumped ship to Strikeforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

You're all stupid.

Dana is protecting him from Bisping.

Duh.

Also AFAIK, Munoz has opened his own gym but still is a training partner of Silva ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SDTimeout wrote: »
    You're all stupid.

Dana is protecting him from Bisping.

Duh.

Also AFAIK, Munoz has opened his own gym but still is a training partner of Silva ?

Munoz trains at Kings with Mayhem, Werdum & recently Shogun AFAIK

EDIT: Their site has Silva listed but I think its been a long time since he was there. Tito listed there too :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

That was a great UFC really enjoyed the fights. They were all very strong. Also delighted to see Big Nog win one. What next for Anderson Silva ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I'd love to see Silva go back up to 205 to fight Rua. I also wouldn't ming seeing him fight Hendo at 205 or a catchweight as we saw how poor Hendo was the last time he cut to 185. I don't think it's an idea the UFC would be open to. Silva has beaten everyone at MW and is the pound for pound best fighter in the world. As far as the greatest of all time goes, he's beaten some great fighters like Hendo, Griffin, Franlik (X2) and Belfort. But if he fights and beats guys like GSP, Rua, Jones or Rampage there is no doubt he'll be looked upon as the greatest of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Xlami wrote: »
    I'd love to see Silva go back up to 205 to fight Rua. I also wouldn't ming seeing him fight Hendo at 205 or a catchweight as we saw how poor Hendo was the last time he cut to 185. I don't think it's an idea the UFC would be open to. Silva has beaten everyone at MW and is the pound for pound best fighter in the world. As far as the greatest of all time goes, he's beaten some great fighters like Hendo, Griffin, Franlik (X2) and Belfort. But if he fights and beats guys like GSP, Rua, Jones or Rampage there is no doubt he'll be looked upon as the greatest of all time.

I agree with this.
    And tbh even if Silva went up to 205, the only person I can see beating him would be Jon Jones. And I'd love to see that fight. They have such original styles I think it'd be a great match-up.

I can't see anybody else causing him much trouble at 205 and there's nobody really left at MW to challenge him except Stann and a rematch with Sonnen. And as much as I like Stann, I think Silva would make light work of him. I'd love to see him have a rematch with Sonnen and if he wins, then step up to 205.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Surely the winner of the Stann/Sonnen fight deserves to be next in line? Failing that the winner of these two take on the winner of the Munoz/Leben fight.

Really enjoyed the event, the crowd really brought the show up another level too I think.

Anyone that thinks Silva is being fed cans or easy fights is mad. He has fought whoever's been next in line as well as a brief sojourn at 205lbs. I don't think a St.Pierre fight will ever happen nor do I think he'll ever go to 205lbs at this stage - I seem to recall him saying that with his Team Black House team-mates Machida & Rogerio Nogueira at 205 he'd never make a run for that title.

There was talk about having Silva/Hendo for the title as the first Fox main event but I think that's been squashed.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Read the Sherdog report on the Silva/Okami fight before I watched the fight, and apparently Silva destroyed him in both rounds.

anyone think Okami did enough to win round 1? He controlled the fight, had him up against the cage for the round. If anything the only thing that might have swayed it for Silva was the high kick he landed at the end.

Obviously it meant nothing as he was destroyed in round 2 but I think Okami might have nudged the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

jayteecork wrote: »
    Read the Sherdog report on the Silva/Okami fight before I watched the fight, and apparently Silva destroyed him in both rounds.

anyone think Okami did enough to win round 1? He controlled the fight, had him up against the cage for the round. If anything the only thing that might have swayed it for Silva was the high kick he landed at the end.

Obviously it meant nothing as he was destroyed in round 2 but I think Okami might have nudged the first round.

i'm going to assume this was the first mma even you've ever watched.

stick around, you'll quickly pick up on how fights are judged and scored.

alternatively, continue your current train of thought and legally change your name to cecil peoples.

thankscoolbyenowlolxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Thought that was a good card with some good fights. Loved the Forrest walk out music :D. And what was Paul Harris doing stopping before Herb called it!

The thing that amazes me everytime I watch a Silva fight is any of his opponents have obviously seen and studied his previous fights and know most get ko'd and he often drops his hands for the crazy stuff in the middle of fights. Well why can't somebody actually try to ko him when he does this as the chances are they're gonna get knocked out anyway??

Anyone he has done that to has just been like a rabbit in the headlights i.e Okami, Demian Maia and think he done it to Thales Leites as well.

As much as I love watching Silva fight, I'd just wish someone would punish him for dropping his hands like that instead of being scared of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

alternatively, continue your current train of thought and legally change your name to cecil peoples.

thankscoolbyenowlolxxx

Wow, you're some loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

thankscoolbyenowlolxxx
    Completely unnecessary. He just asked an honest question.

Jaytee, Okami did control Silva by holding him up against the cage, but he really didn't cause a whole lot of damage to him while there. Most strikes from this position were short elbows and uppercuts without much power and when he did try to take him down, he failed. In the standup, Silva would have landed more strikes even before the headkick

sonic.trip wrote: »

The thing that amazes me everytime I watch a Silva fight is any of his opponents have obviously seen and studied his previous fights and know most get ko'd and he often drops his hands for the crazy stuff in the middle of fights. Well why can't somebody actually try to ko him when he does this as the chances are they're gonna get knocked out anyway??

Anyone he has done that to has just been like a rabbit in the headlights i.e Okami, Demian Maia and think he done it to Thales Leites as well.

As much as I love watching Silva fight, I'd just wish someone would punish him for dropping his hands like that instead of being scared of it.

Because he can still attack from that position.
    It's not even remotely unique silva, lots and lots of boxers have a similar hands down style.
    For those that attempt it, they appear to be better able to evade strikes. The idea to land a big (overhand) counter. The downside is obviously the lack of blocking and any punches that land are going to do more damage.

Silva isn't doing this to be cocky or to insult the other fighters imo. He is fully aware of what he is doing as are his opponents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Mellor wrote: »
    Because he can still attack from that position.
    It's not even remotely unique silva, lots and lots of boxers have a similar hands down style.
    For those that attempt it, they appear to be better able to evade strikes. The idea to land a big (overhand) counter. The downside is obviously the lack of blocking and any punches that land are going to do more damage.

Silva isn't doing this to be cocky or to insult the other fighters imo. He is fully aware of what he is doing as are his opponents.

I understand he can attack from that position and counter it still seems cocky to me though. Don't get me wrong I think it's exciting to watch as is Silva, I would just like to see a fighter that will go ok and try do damage to him instead of doing nothing like those I mentioned earlier. If they get ko'd fair enough at least they tried. Sure they're more than likely going to get knocked out in the later stages anyway!

I'd like to see Sonnen get another shot at Silva, he's the only one that has come close to beating him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

sonic.trip wrote: »
    I understand he can attack from that position and counter it still seems cocky to me though. Don't get me wrong I think it's exciting to watch as is Silva, I would just like to see a fighter that will go ok and try do damage to him instead of doing nothing like those I mentioned earlier. If they get ko'd fair enough at least they tried. Sure they're more than likely going to get knocked out in the later stages anyway!

I'd like to see Sonnen get another shot at Silva, he's the only one that has come close to beating him.

Pretty much what Forrest Griffin did and that didn't work out great either. You can't just wade in against someone who can make you miss and punish you brutally for it.

With regards to whether you could give the first round to Okami, I don't think that there's any case to be made for it. While Okami did have Silva against the cage for a while, Silva was happy to stay there for most of the time as he was punishing okami with knees to the body. It wasn't until Okami dropped for a single-leg (after taking a hard knee to the ribs) that Silva moved off the cage in order to defend the takedown (which he did successfully). He then continued to outstrike Okami from distance. Silva landed more shots and did more damage in the clinch and at longer-range. He also kept the fight where he wanted it (ie, on the feet). It was a clear round for Silva, for me.

Completely unnecessary. He just asked an honest question.

Jaytee, Okami did control Silva by holding him up against the cage, but he really didn't cause a whole lot of damage to him while there. Most strikes from this position were short elbows and uppercuts without much power and when he did try to take him down, he failed. In the standup, Silva would have landed more strikes even before the headkick

It just so reminded me of the Machida/Rampage fight it was scary.

Rampage did the exact same thing and won the round.

I guess Page is a lot more marketable than Okami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It just so reminded me of the Machida/Rampage fight it was scary.

Rampage did the exact same thing and won the round.

Do you remember how surprised Rampage looked when it was announced he won? :)

Marketable? May I ask, what is it you're implying here exactly?

• Advertisement

Do you remember how surprised Rampage looked when it was announced he won? :)

That's because Rampage felt, and rightly so, that Machida outclassed him overall during the fight. Machida won one of the rounds pretty clearly. Rampage wasn't thinking of the scoring system, and he edged 2 of the other rounds, and under the rules he won the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Was great to see shogun take Forrest out. One of my favourites.

Plus big Nog looked massive. Don't think he has much left in the tank now but you can never bet against him.

Anderson Vs GSP is a must....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Amazing video from Nog's dressing room as he wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Was great to see shogun take Forrest out. One of my favourites.

Plus big Nog looked massive. Don't think he has much left in the tank now but you can never bet against him.

Anderson Vs GSP is a must....

I'd prefer to see Anderson Vs Jon Jones. More interesting stylisticly and if Jones won (big if), it would be huge for the UFC. The worlds best on the verge of retiring, passing the mantle to the new No.1 who's really just starting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

threeball wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see Anderson Vs Jon Jones. More interesting stylisticly and if Jones won (big if), it would be huge for the UFC. The worlds best on the verge of retiring, passing the mantle to the new No.1 who's really just starting out.

It would be a good fight but surely Jones needs a few more fights prior to getting that.. as good as Jones is I think Silva would be far to experienced...

On another note, I see Rampage getting demolished!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

threeball wrote: »

Putting Jones against Silva would be bad business.

Having him lose to a guy who is in a lower division would devalue his hype.

I think people are forgetting that at the moment Jones hasn't really done all that much when compared to guys like Silva and GSP.

He needs to build a legacy within his division before he risks it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anywhere online where I can watch a replay of the main event?
    Friend was meant to record it on saturday but forgot to leave his skybox on
    All videos are taken down on mma core

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

PerrinV2 wrote: »

This guy's facebook page links to videos of alot of major fights, the videos are put out very quickly after the events, good place to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

PerrinV2 wrote: »

If you register on fights4all.com you will be able to watch them all. It's free to register.

Just wondering why everyone seemed so surprised about Bog Nog beating Schaub.

I had big nog as part of an accum and got him at 7/4. And he's on home soil against a guy who's never proved anything and just beat a couple of hasbeens.

Big Nog is a legend in the sport, Brendan certainly isn't.

• Advertisement

Rerun just after starting on ESPN now

I had big nog as part of an accum and got him at 7/4. And he's on home soil against a guy who's never proved anything and just beat a couple of hasbeens.

Because a lot of people were starting to put Nog into the same category. He looked like crap a few times lately.

I was delighted he won though.

Nog is an aging fighter, and has had a string of lacklustre fights.
    He was the underdog in this fight, and rightly so. But I'm delighted he won

Someone made a good point somewhere, can't think of where I read it but anyway...............

Anderson Silva is perhaps the best fighter of all time yeah? A lot of people will argue his corner. A lot of people will also argue GSP's corner.

When you look at Silva, he has been the most dominant champion of all time. He has beaten absolutely everyone he has stepped into the Octagon with. UFC have basically put every MW fighter who has ever been in contention for a title fight in there with him and Silva has beaten them all.

Silva mad the jump to world class when he stepped in against Leben and smashed him, earning the title shot (even though some thought it was too early).

When he fought Leben, effectively starting his run, he was 30 years old.

Everything that has been said about Silva there can be said about GSP too. He has dominated everyone he has been in the cage with. He has 2 losses, but proved to everyone that he is levels above both guys he lost to by avenging both losses ephatically (twice against Hughes). There's effedtively nobody left for him to fight. they even had to bring in Diaz from SF (who is horribly overmatched here).

Today, GSP is 30!

If Silva retired today, he'd probably go down as the best ever. That would be until GSP retired though!

With GSP though, his dominance is unquestioned but the lack of finishes will always be something held against him.
    Silvas run will be remembered as a better one because he didnt only dominate his opponents, he put almost every one of them away (with a couple of bizarre fights thrown in for the hell of it)

Mega Chin wrote: »
    With GSP though, his dominance is unquestioned but the lack of finishes will always be something held against him.
    Silvas run will be remembered as a better one because he didnt only dominate his opponents, he put almost every one of them away (with a couple of bizarre fights thrown in for the hell of it)

While I see your point, I have to disagree. Yes a lot of his fights go the distance, but its not as if he is squeaking decisions here. his sheer dominance out-weighs the fact that he hasnt finished some of his opponents, IMO!

Look at boxing. Manny's last 3 fights, decisions. 5 of Mayweather's last 6 were decisions! If they both decided today to never fight again, would people really look back and say "That Mayweather fella, didnt finish 5 of his last 6. Never one of the best".

Anyway, the point I was making was, if it took Silva til the age of 30 to rise to the top of the game, imagine what GSP could be capable of in the same time considering he's already argued to be one of the best ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

While GSP is one of the best mixed martial artists out there, there is no way his legacy will be anywhere near silvas.

Reason? Silva has finished fights on the ground, standing up etc. This in my opinion is why he will be considered one of the all time greatest(if not, the all time greatest!) mixed martial artists.

While I agree GSP is one of the best, the fact that most of his matches where won by his perfect wrestling ability, he won't be remembered for it.

and GSP ain't black, lol.

While GSP is one of the best mixed martial artists out there, there is no way his legacy will be anywhere near silvas.

Reason? Silva has finished fights on the ground, standing up etc. This in my opinion is why he will be considered one of the all time greatest(if not, the all time greatest!) mixed martial artists.

While I agree GSP is one of the best, the fact that most of his matches where won by his perfect wrestling ability, he won't be remembered for it.

Yeah, at the moment this might be true.

But the point i'm making is, Silva was 30 when he came to prominance. GSP is only 30 now, he is at the same age Silva was when he first fought in the UFC, but he is already an undisputed world champ.

GSP could easily start a string of stoppage wins right now and overtake Silva as the best of all time.

If both finished today, Silva would be remembered more positively I think. BUt if they ever fought, i think GSP would take it.

Also, I think if this fihgt happens it needs to be now! Because it's only been in the last few months people have been talking about Silva aging. Nobody wants to see a Calzage v Roy Jones situation here! Calzaghe might be able to tell his grandkids he beat the great Roy Jones Jr, but he beat an old Roy Jones Jr!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Agreed.

Dana seems adamant that it isn't happening in the near future anyway.

I hate that he says, he makes matches that the fans want to see.

Advertisement