Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

been left at home from work, but wont make me redundant

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been working as a general worker for a company for the last 20 years, 2 years ago we were put on a 3 day week which was fine. But now the last 3 months I go to work to be told they have nothing on that day and they will ring me when they have something on. I cannot afford to keep signing on the dole but do not want to loose my redundancy I have asked the company every week when will I have work they keep fobing me off saying it is quite at the moment. I have asked them to give me my redundancy but they say they cannot afford it and I should go sign on the dole and claim the sick benifit while I am waiting for them to get work. Now the company are ignoring my phone calls and the boss is never there when I call. Does anyone know what my rights are now I have gone to citizens advice but they have not been very helpfull. After working for this company for 20 years I feel they do not want to pay my redundancy and are hoping if they ignore me I will go away. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this thread and I would be grateful for any advice giving.

Regards,,,

Comments

Advertisement