Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi BB stops working on Friday nights

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi.
    I am currently experiencing a problem with my Wifi BB. In the last 2 months the BB has stopped working on 4 occasions where no device will connect to the router.
    On every occasion this has happened on a Friday night and between the times of 9.30pm and 10.30pm lasting till Saturday morning/afternoon.
    When the issue arises sometimes the router has a red light on but on other occasions all 3 green lights are on but the problem is still there.
    Resetting the router does not seem to solve this issue either.
    Would you have any possible advice?
    Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

What model router do you have and do you have access to the router settings? You will need the router admin userid & password - this is not the same thing as your wireless password.

It is possible to block certain or all devices on a time schedule, and someone may have done this.

If you let us know the router model, someone here with a similar router may be able to advise you on what to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Thanks for the reply. The model is P-660HW-T1 v3 (Its the black single aerial one)
    Unfortunately I didn't set it up so I don't know the admin userid&passwd. Would these be user defined or would they have been in the info that came with the box?
    The problem has only appeared in the last 2 months. It has not been an issue for the 13 or so months before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Have a look here on how to log onto your ZyXEL router.

Let us know if the default password (1234) works.

Here is the manual for your router. If you can log on, go in and take a look at the router logs. P176 in the manual will tell you how to configure your log settings which should capture the information on what's happening on Friday nights.

When you are in there, check if any schedules have been set up which might account for the router issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi.
    I am currently experiencing a problem with my Wifi BB. In the last 2 months the BB has stopped working on 4 occasions where no device will connect to the router.
    On every occasion this has happened on a Friday night and between the times of 9.30pm and 10.30pm lasting till Saturday morning/afternoon.
    When the issue arises sometimes the router has a red light on but on other occasions all 3 green lights are on but the problem is still there.
    Resetting the router does not seem to solve this issue either.
    Would you have any possible advice?
    Thanking you in advance

Hi CyaL8r
    have you made any change to set up in that time ( past two months) ? Can you think of anything within immediate environment that could cause this.
    Thanks to dilallo for his post and link, it may well be a set up issue.
    If you PM me your tel no. can test sync and connectivity.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

CyaL8r wrote: »
    PM sent

Thanks CyaL8r
    have received PM and will test this soon. Should have update later today.
    Tony

Advertisement